This is funny because I randomly checked for a software update this morning and there was a 2MB update. Then later I received a notification for an update. I checked again and there was a 1MB update this time. I've had my Z10 for just under 2 weeks. Loving it! And I even converted my iPhone weilding wife to a Z10!! She said she loves it.
    Hugh?

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-25-13 11:50 AM
    Got the notification from Verizon but when I go to update the software, it tells me I have the latest version.
    04-25-13 11:50 AM
    O2 and all other UK carriers have OS 10.0.10.90
    So why the notification?

Posted via CB10
    ShinyDimples likes this.
    04-25-13 11:52 AM
    If you delete the bloatware Verizon periodically sends an update to reinstall it. Likely all this is - you can tell that's what this is by the fact that nothing changes other than to add back all those crappy apps that came with the phone but you never wanted. This is a false alarm.
    04-25-13 11:55 AM
    If you delete the bloatware Verizon periodically sends an update to reinstall it. Likely all this is - you can tell that's what this is by the fact that nothing changes other than to add back all those crappy apps that came with the phone but you never wanted. This is a false alarm.
    Oh so wrong.

I deleted nothing and got a 1 Meg update. It fixed the issue with some app (Verizon) sticking in BlackBerry World. Some got even larger updates.

Please check things a little closer.

Tim

undone, jaydee5799 and 00stryder like this.
    04-25-13 11:58 AM
    Well maybe this is the update to fix a file before the bigger update to 10.0.10.XXXX.... Dreaming I know, but maybe.
    Could be. Verizon has done this in the past with a lot of their phones.
    04-25-13 11:59 AM
    I am running the 10.1 leak and have received no notifications, so it does seem to be version dependant
    04-25-13 12:01 PM
    Did you know if delete some of the native apps and your one of those as am I that checks daily for an update. It will say there is an update for 10.09.422 but all that is for is the nature apps you deleted. IE: My Verizon an their Contacts Backup App.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:07 PM
    Damn spell corrector.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:08 PM
    It's another app update

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:13 PM
    listen folks this is for the basic blackberry user who never updates to see that they should and these are the reasons why. Rather then have folks bad mouth the battery life they can now just click the update button which so many never do.
    04-25-13 12:14 PM
    Well, for me, this update fixed my problem with our Exchange 2003 Server.

I had to remove my work account, because the Z10 was flooding the Exchange Server with request ( using a lot of data, draining the battery and creating huge log files on the server ). We tried everything delete the account on the phone, on the server, etc ... no luck !

I recreated the account after the update, and it appear that the problem is gone ...
    Will report back in a few days.

That's definitely interesting, curious if that turns out to be an actual change.

Really tired of "mysterious" software/firmware updates that get pushed on us without any documentation whatsoever.
    04-25-13 12:16 PM
    To add to my initial comment - I got 2 notifications, they are still sitting in the "Notifications" category in Hub:

1. Title: "BlackBerry Software Update Available" (The description was like the one that came with the 10.0.10.x update released by various carriers in March: Battery life improvements, camera improvements, Gmail calendar improvements, 3rd party app performance improvements, improvements to browser video, etc.)
    2. Title: "Software Update" (Applications update - <1MB)

I have not deleted any carrier-installed bloatware so this could not have simply been a carrier-pushed app re-install.

I tried updating the VZW Backup app that many had issues being "stuck" in BBW and not successfully updating - just before installing this update - and it seemed to actually update properly. So those who assumed that this pushed update fixed that BBW app update issue may have been making a correlation that wasn't directly related to the pushed update, that issue may have been already fixed in BBW without anything to do with the pushed update.
    04-25-13 12:25 PM
    Yay! Since the update, I just had my first reboot! *sarcasm* Clearly it didn't fix that problem.
    04-25-13 12:29 PM
    Spoke to a VZW Rep .. they had no idea of any update and only see 10.0.9.422 as the latest update.
    04-25-13 12:30 PM
    I got the same notification and said I was on 10.0.9.422 and it did a 1 MB update and checked the version after the update and am still at 10.0.9.422.
    04-25-13 12:41 PM
    Got 1 mb but I didn't delete anything.

One thing I did notice. I was able to finally download and install the Verizon app that has been stuck in My World in BlackBerry World.

Nice to have it not showing in my update section of BlackBerry World.

Tim

Exactly. I would bet that this is the main reason for the update. Verizon looked stupid with that app sitting there all the time.
    SunnyFL likes this.
    04-25-13 12:48 PM
    I saw in my hub a message that an upgrade was available and instructions on how to get it. I followed them but said I had latest software. I went back to hub to re-read message but it's gone.

They really need to fix a bunch of stuff before I head back to BlackBerry Bold and opt not to upgrade our company.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:54 PM
    I saw in my hub a message that an upgrade was available and instructions on how to get it. I followed them but said I had latest software. I went back to hub to re-read message but it's gone.

They really need to fix a bunch of stuff before I head back to BlackBerry Bold and opt not to upgrade our company.

Posted via CB10
    Whether it's an app or an OS update, once complete, it disappears from the hub.
    04-25-13 12:58 PM
    Spoke to a VZW Rep .. they had no idea of any update and only see 10.0.9.422 as the latest update.
    Now that is troubling.

Tim

04-25-13 12:58 PM
    I know, we must have just all uninstalled some stock app and it's reinstalling for all of us, at the same time. MUST be it! lol

I did get a BB App World update last night that installed, and noticed my phone rebooted just before 9AM - a good hour and a half before I got my 'update' notification. Weird stuff.
    04-25-13 12:59 PM
    Exactly. I would bet that this is the main reason for the update. Verizon looked stupid with that app sitting there all the time.
    When I talked with Verizon about other issues with my phone, I brought up their app hanging in the hub. The guy couldn't figure out what was going on. Said he'd have to get help.
    04-25-13 01:01 PM
    vzw contacts backup was stuck in an update loop.... this update was to fix that. this is not an OS update... just fixed the VZW contacts back up issue.
    04-25-13 01:16 PM
    vzw contacts backup was stuck in an update loop.... this update was to fix that. this is not an OS update... just fixed the VZW contacts back up issue.

Which if you scroll up and read my last comment here, you will see that I was able to successfully update that app BEFORE installing this pushed OS update.
    04-25-13 01:19 PM
    Please check things a little closer.
    Yea a false alarm wouldn't trigger 6-8 new threads in a few minutes. ;-)
    04-25-13 01:19 PM
171 ... 34567