I don't think VZW releases it at all. They told me this morning that the manufacturer (BBRY) pushes the update, that they (VZW) just gives me service. In fact she said VZW does not even TEST the update.

The level 2 tech said that BBRY releases the OS update on a 90 day rolling schedule to all the carrier's devices. But they do it by serial number. So according to the tech I spoke with, she said on March 27 BBRY started with the rolling update. Rolling because all the users at once updating would crash the system. So by the end of June, she believes I will see an updated OS. She can't tell me which OS it is however, remember we are still on 10.0.9.422 and not even 10.0.10.xxx

I got to level 2 tech because I called the first rep a liar for saying VZW doesn't have anything to do with the update. Now I feel badly. I shouldn't have said that but come on. Who has the real answer??? Where dowe get the straight talk from?
    Just got off the phone with Verizon and was basically told the same thing as you were, Jaydee. It makes sense but wish we had a date.
    05-16-13 09:37 AM
    I don't understand how Verizon could say rolling out the updates to all users at once would crash the system. Doesn't Apple release their updates to all users on all carriers at once? If that doesn't crash the system how could updating the Z10 at once (with no where near the # of iPhones) crash the system???
    05-16-13 10:02 AM
    I don't understand how Verizon could say rolling out the updates to all users at once would crash the system. Doesn't Apple release their updates to all users on all carriers at once? If that doesn't crash the system how could updating the Z10 at once (with no where near the # of iPhones) crash the system???
    They use their own servers. It's not a carrier update. It's released by Apple. But I understand where you're going lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:24 AM
    They use their own servers. It's not a carrier update. It's released by Apple. But I understand where you're going lol.

Posted via CB10
    I wish they'd do it thus way as well. Let BlackBerry handle OS updates directly and Verizon can push out the "carrier updates" separately if need be.
    05-16-13 01:21 PM
    I believe the reason is there are radio driver updates in the o's updates that the carrier has to test before releasing on their network. Based on what I've read if they can do what o's updates but have the carriers do the radio updates this should help with this issue.

But for right now Verizon has you by the balls and calling and harassing techs and the support staff is a complete waste of your time it will get you no where, and you will just be more angry after the call then when you made it.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:46 PM
    Ok i got some news for the update. It is being targeted for the first week of June. Apparently there is an issue that they conveniently aren't saying what it is. They said it isn't serious but an annoying bug that one of the testers caught. If they fix it before then it will be sooner.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 08:37 PM
    Ok i got some news for the update. It is being targeted for the first week of June. Apparently there is an issue that they conveniently aren't saying what it is. They said it isn't serious but an annoying bug that one of the testers caught. If they fix it before then it will be sooner.

Posted via CB10
    Well, well, at least a positive note.
    05-16-13 08:49 PM
    I hope they fix the remote file access to BBLink through the cellular network. It works great through WiFi.
    05-16-13 08:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it's the 10.1.0.1756 release that popped up here last week than there are issues. I've been using it for a week and am rolling back to 10.0.0.822 release in the next day or two. My ActiveSync connection to my work email does not work with this release. Gmail does, outlook.com does (also ActiveSync), Yahoo! does, but corporate ActiveSync doesn't. I'm the only one on my network running 1756 and the only one who's mail doesn't work. Also, BBM Channels doesn't work on this build, though that may be a general VZ issue.
    05-16-13 08:51 PM
    If it's the 10.1.0.1756 release that popped up here last week than there are issues. I've been using it for a week and am rolling back to 10.0.0.822 release in the next day or two. My ActiveSync connection to my work email does not work with this release. Gmail does, outlook.com does (also ActiveSync), Yahoo! does, but corporate ActiveSync doesn't. I'm the only one on my network running 1756 and the only one who's mail doesn't work. Also, BBM Channels doesn't work on this build, though that may be a general VZ issue.
    Funny how some people have issues and others don't. I'm running the 10.1.0.1756 release and it's been running great for me. I have no issues with my work ActiveSync along with my gmail and yahoo accounts.
    05-16-13 08:59 PM
    I only have "x" amount of clicks in me in a day; OP just wasted one. Meanwhile, I'll just do what I've been doing for many years with BlackBerrys: Running OS leaks or other carrier official leaks. Verizon is pretty much like Sprint in this regard; I knew what I was getting myself in to when I switched. ;-)

Anyway 1756 is great. Something about "official" and "Verizon" in the same sentence puts me off. (I still had to click; in the future, rephrasing your thread titles OP.)
    05-16-13 09:33 PM
    Vzw white.....the leaked OS ran great for a few days then my phone started crazy reboots and I did nothing different...I installed 3 different times and did not resolve reboots. I am back to stock os .422 and no reboots. Never had any...WEIRD...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:34 PM
    Funny how some people have issues and others don't. I'm running the 10.1.0.1756 release and it's been running great for me. I have no issues with my work ActiveSync along with my gmail and yahoo accounts.
    I ran great for four days. Perfect. Then I stopped getting work email. Now it works for a few minutes (after I re verify the account), then doesn't work for several hours, then doesn't let me re verify. I've deleted the account, re added it, rebooted, reinstalled the OS, wiped, started from scratch. No work email. And I'm the only one at my company with the problem, and the only independent variable is 1756.

Agree with the point about some have issues and others don't. That?s why they need extensive testing before releasing. If this was an official release I'd be pretty mad at both BlackBerry and VZ. As it is, it was a leak, my risk,no harm, I roll back.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    05-16-13 10:06 PM
    Vzw white.....the leaked OS ran great for a few days then my phone started crazy reboots and I did nothing different...I installed 3 different times and did not resolve reboots. I am back to stock os .422 and no reboots. Never had any...WEIRD...

Posted via CB10
    I had no problems for four days. Then one mail account - the most important one - stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:08 PM
    I truly feel that BlackBerry will get this resolved...i gotta have hope as I love this Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:17 PM
    I had no problems for four days. Then one mail account - the most important one - stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    Ugh, that sux, I know my emails are Very Important as they are with all of us...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:20 PM
    I rolled all the way back to. 9.422 last night. All problems solved. All mail works, and I had no trouble installing channels.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:44 AM
    I have been with Blackberry through Storm, Storm 2, Torch, and now Z10. I have always downloaded leaks and been happier with them than with the OS that is pushed out by Verizon. I agree that these leaks are as good...and sometimes better then the OS pushed out by Verizon. My own issues are minor: the phone does not recognize pauses "p" in a dial string, I can't use the remote access (I have tried turning off network, disabling the firewall...all to no avail), and on the bridge...I no longer can get the remote presenter to work.
    05-17-13 01:28 PM
    Still nothing from Verizon in regards to the 10.1 Update???

Posted via CB10 ~ Join My News Channel C000E96C1~
    05-17-13 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's nothing I expect to see in an update, but have you ever heard reasons why Verizon likes to force you on to LTE, whether you want it or not? I know there's an app for some Android phones (Samsung Galaxys at least) to override this. Apple isn't blocked (probably because what Apple wants, Apple gets). I can go in to the engineering screen and force 3G/1XEV... but that's sort of a hassle.

It's a bit annoying I think. I'd much much prefer to leave it on 3G/1XEV and switch LTE on when desired.

Yea this is a bit off topic, but since this thread started out with a misleading topic, I don't care. :-P
    05-17-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hope it's true

05-17-13 05:46 PM
    Hope it's true

Absolutely. There's always room for hope!!
    05-17-13 05:47 PM
    Even though the waiting game is the norm with Verizon I'd still take it over the awfull 2 years I had at AT&T.
    05-20-13 08:05 AM
    Cool thanks. Verizon really loves for us to wait ....
    05-20-13 10:23 AM
    Really?! Still nothing?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 03:28 PM
243 1234 ...