Not experiencing that problem. I've had the phone for almost 5 weeks now. I keep my phone in my holster. Those that have that problem, where do you keep your phone? In your pocket? Purse? Sleeve? Holster? Something else? Could it be it's the protective surface that gets scratched or worned down by being rubbed by something.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:04 PM
    Went reply instead of edit, sorry :/

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:04 PM
    I dont notice it after i put on an anti fingerprint screen!
    03-11-13 03:14 AM
    My odd smudges are very apparent. Especially after wiping with a cloth or fingers.

I believe I have a bad unit and Rogers won't replace because I've passed the 15 days after purchasing. They will exchange with a refurbished unit which is not an option. Why pay $750 and get a used - likely the same issue - unit?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:59 AM
    Almost 7 weeks and my screen is still spotless. Like I mentioned, may be the protective surface gets damage by getting in contact with sharps object? I always leave my Z10 in its holster when not being used. How to you keep yours.
    03-22-13 10:33 PM
    My odd smudges are very apparent. Especially after wiping with a cloth or fingers.

I believe I have a bad unit and Rogers won't replace because I've passed the 15 days after purchasing. They will exchange with a refurbished unit which is not an option. Why pay $750 and get a used - likely the same issue - unit?

Posted via CB10
    Can u call rim directly?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:12 AM
    Well your post about scratching doesn't apply to my case. Really? Sharp objects won't cause smudges or make it incredibly difficult to wipe prints.

In my case my glass is defective. It's nothing like what it should be - smooth and slippery like every other cell I owned.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:30 AM
    I have the same problem. I sent it in under warranty for repair. Hopefully, they actually do something about it and don't send it back saying it's normal wear and tear.
    03-26-13 04:47 PM
    Here's an update to my phone. Instead of opting to exchange my phone for a newer one, I put on a screen protector, Tr� HD Anti Glare to be exact. It kept my grubby fingerprints off the screen and more importantly, it kept the hydrophobic/oliophobic smudges at bay. One thing I didn't like about the protector is that it gave the screen a washed out blurry look to it. After a solid month, I removed the protector to have have look and more importantly, to put on a different protector. This is what I found:Odd smudges on screen-img-20130327-00004.jpg

It seems the smudges have disappeared. I used water with a dropper to create a controlled puddle across the whole screen to see if the hydrophobic smudges were still there and they were nowhere to be found. It might have something to do with the heat, my Z10 ran hot a couple of times from gaming. I'm a happy camper but would like to know what was up with those smudges. I hope they don't come back.
    Attached Thumbnails Odd smudges on screen-img-20130327-00003.jpg  
    03-29-13 09:25 AM
    I have a massive blotch on my screen. Same symptoms. Has anyone sent it directly to BlackBerry to get their opinion.
    04-01-13 01:24 AM
    i had the same problem. returned the phone and got a new one without the smudges. seems to be a prodution issue.
    04-01-13 01:41 AM
    If the smudges can be removed with a dampened soft tissue paper then this is not a defect. If the smudges cannot be removed take the phone back for warranty exchange.

With a touch screen it is normal that finger marks and smudges will show. Normally these are removable by properly cleaning the screen. That is until the next time you use the screen again...

I use a screen protector. I found the screen protector reduces the image sharpness a bit, but it helps to prevent scratching or damaging the screen surface.
    04-01-13 01:44 AM
    Same issue here. Noticed the smudge on the first day. I've wiped my screen several times and the smudge is still there. Today is my last day of the AT&T buyers remorse. Should I return for a new phone? I paid full price for this thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:16 AM
    I got my phone back from the repair center yesterday and they replaced the screen. It's like and day compared to how the screen was before. Does not smudge as easily, seems sharper and no more spots.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:55 AM
    I am SOOOOO unhappy!!!!!
    Same sh...t for me....
    04-06-13 05:23 AM
    Can u call rim directly?

Posted via CB10
    I tried UK: 01753 667 000
    They said it is the shop's responsibility to exchange.
    As if the stupid screens where not manufactured by/for RIM.
    04-06-13 05:27 AM
    Just an update...I kept looking at the screen and it appears that its most likely the anti-grease/anti-glare coating is coming off which would explain why you need extra effort to clean it off and why it returns after contact with oily hands. I will have to head to the store tomorrow and ask for a replacement unit.
    In my opinion, since the smudge gets bigger day by day, I think it is exactly what you are saying.
    The smudges do not repel moisture, in fact they keep it it as a small puddle.
    It must be the coating coming off. Definitely a manufacturer problem.
    What worries me is that the phone is fine other than that and I keep reading about guys who ended up with lemons.
    That is why I am hesitant to ship mine back to the UK.
    04-07-13 03:40 AM
    I saw a thread recently that suggested that a lens pen will help remove them. A lens pen is a common tool for cleaning camera lenses and available at most camera stores.
    04-07-13 06:05 AM
    Not sure if this is is the same thing but my Z10 has a brighter line up the middle of the screen. Like now I am replying in the CB10 app and the left and right sides of the screen are kind of grayish white and the middle 1/8" is bright white that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen.

Everything still works good though. Could it be the Invisible shield I put on the screen causing thin or is it the same issue you guys are having?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:14 AM
    I have the strange blotches on my screen as well. My main blotch is a half inch horizontal bar across the center of the screen and then some random small patches along right vertical edge.

To say I'm disappointed about this would be the understatement of the year so far.

I'm with Rogers and if they do not either replace the phone with a new one or repair my current one then... I won't use someone else's refurbished phone and I won't use a defective phone.

Posted via CB10
    akavbb likes this.
    04-07-13 06:30 AM
    I saw a thread recently that suggested that a lens pen will help remove them. A lens pen is a common tool for cleaning camera lenses and available at most camera stores.
    Tried it and did not work on mine...
    I bought my phone from the UK and it is kind of hard to send it back. I will wait until Z10 arrives in Greece and see if my provider can cover the warranty.
    In the meantime I ordered a screen protector because the smudge is getting bigger.

"FROM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...69/index2.html
    "
    Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    I didn't explain clearly. If it needs more than simple detergent there's already something wrong, and going to more aggressive cleaning methods risks more damage to the screen. You can actually remove the coating which makes the screen resist fingerprints if you pick an incompatible cleaner.
    I think this is actually the case with the faulty screens, this film is being removed slowly somehow.
    Last edited by akavbb; 04-07-13 at 12:46 PM.
    04-07-13 07:51 AM
    Curious if anyone who is having this issue used the phone with the plastic film that came on the phone when they initially set it up? During setup importing contacts and all the other jazz the phone is doing it tends to run very warm. My theory is that maybe if you left the plastic coating on while doing this the residue from the film that the phone ships with may have softened from the film and transposed onto the screen or had an adverse reaction to the heat and ate away the coating. This would explain the apparent smudging fingerprint look that is left behind. Just a theory. I've had a screen protector on my phone since day one but am curious to take it off and see if this applies to my phone while still in the exchange window.
    04-07-13 03:29 PM
    Curious if anyone who is having this issue used the phone with the plastic film that came on the phone when they initially set it up? During setup importing contacts and all the other jazz the phone is doing it tends to run very warm. My theory is that maybe if you left the plastic coating on while doing this the residue from the film that the phone ships with may have softened from the film and transposed onto the screen or had an adverse reaction to the heat and ate away the coating. This would explain the apparent smudging fingerprint look that is left behind. Just a theory. I've had a screen protector on my phone since day one but am curious to take it off and see if this applies to my phone while still in the exchange window.
    The Rogers store people did the initial setup for me (I should have just taken it) and they left the screen cover on while they did it.

However, even if that is the cause, it just points to a low quality screen. My dad left his galaxy nexus screen plastic on for months (that's another story ) and his screen is fine after finally taking it off.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:36 PM
    After reading this thread when I picked up my replacement I checked the screen carefully then applied a screen saver.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:52 PM
    Not disagreeing at all, just thinking outside the box! I also used my nexus that way for a while and never had any issues but the possibility could exist that the problem lie in the adhesive used on the plastic covering and some type of chemical reaction between the pressure, heated screen, and whatever compound BlackBerry is using to coat the screen. Just thought it would explain the apparent smudge like appearance on the glass being that this is a gesture based OS.

Via Zed using CB10
    04-07-13 07:53 PM
137 ... 23456