So Ive been using z10 for a while now and really like it but Ive recently noticed this problem, if I download larger amounts of data while using my home wifi or watch videos on youtube with z10, the network completely shuts down, I get an error that my wifi network has limited connectability, network still works and the signal is fine, this isn't really a z10 problem, but somehow z10 messes up my rooter, so every time it happens I have to restart it. I have a desktop PC with a wifi adapter, laptop, iPad. All of which use wifi and this never happens with them. Anyone has any clue of why and how this happens. Or how could I fix it without buying a new rooter. I do all my software updates at home so its quit annoying.
    02-08-14 06:11 AM
    So when you connect the Z everything else loses connection? Very odd indeed. If your other devices still hold the connection it's not your router. If that is the case I would delete the network from your Z and reboot and then re add it in again.
    02-08-14 06:32 AM
    Have you tried to repeat the same thing on another router, maybe at work, school or anywhere you can find wi-fi.

Sounds very Odd but not impossible.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:33 AM
    It is possible that the channel you're using is getting other interference. So, try the easy stuff first: change you router channel. Do a hard reset of the router. Make sure it has the latest firmware update. Try mixed mode N/B (example) or just N. Etc.
    02-08-14 06:37 AM
    Maybe you've reached your bandwidth limitation. When you get that 100% reached message, your modem acts squirrelly.

Z10
    02-08-14 06:43 AM
    No, I can use facebook app, twitter, browse web with my z10 and home wifi, it seems to only appen when I request a lot of data in short time, like watching videos or updating/downloading apps. Uploading large files from z10 to dropbox and so on.
    This is the error I get, I also called my ISP when this first happened and they say the network works fine and rooter is connected so this must be a problem with the rooter and getting along with z10.
    02-08-14 06:44 AM
    Have you tried connecting to G instead of N?
    02-08-14 07:07 AM
    If you have a dual band router you can change the Band Type on your Z10 from Dual Band to 2.4 or 5 GHz. I have had my share of WiFi issues and my home router is set up with separate SSIDs for the two bands and that has made a difference for me. You might need to try several different actions before you hit on the right one for your situation, or a combination of the tips given in these posts. Good luck.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-08-14 07:58 AM
    What kind of router? I find many of them have issues with using a lot if data. Try turning off the firewall.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:14 AM
    Have you tried connecting to G instead of N?
    How do I do this, Im sorry, Im not much of a tech guy.
    If you have a dual band router you can change the Band Type on your Z10 from Dual Band to 2.4 or 5 GHz. I have had my share of WiFi issues and my home router is set up with separate SSIDs for the two bands and that has made a difference for me. You might need to try several different actions before you hit on the right one for your situation, or a combination of the tips given in these posts. Good luck.
    I did this, switching to 2,4 did help, i was able to watch videos on youtube and not get the error but got it again with everything else. Couldn't switch to 5 and got connection time out every time.
    What kind of router? I find many of them have issues with using a lot if data. Try turning off the firewall.
    This is the one I have
    TL-WR740N - Welcome to TP-LINK

By the way, thank you all for the help guys!
    02-08-14 08:58 AM
    How do I do this, Im sorry, Im not much of a tech guy.

I did this, switching to 2,4 did help, i was able to watch videos on youtube and not get the error but got it again with everything else. Couldn't switch to 5 and got connection time out every time.

This is the one I have
    TL-WR740N - Welcome to TP-LINK

By the way, thank you all for the help guys!
    Have you looked at the software tab in your link and updated your router to the newest firmware?

Edit: also are you using AES security?
    02-08-14 09:00 AM
    Have you looked at the software tab in your link and updated your router to the newest firmware?
    I will try to do that, I set the rooter up quit a while ago and it worked fine so I never did any updates. I didn't even think that it might have some.

Edit: also are you using AES security?
    I'm not sure.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-08-14 09:09 AM
    I will try to do that, I set the rooter up quit a while ago and it worked fine so I never did any updates. I didn't even think that it might have some.

I'm not sure.
    When you log into your router thru the browser you can find the section that will tell you.
    02-08-14 09:27 AM
    I know there is an echo in this room as everyone repeats the same advice w/o reading the thread. However, most the changes (except usually firmware updates) can be done, as kbz1960 points out, through your browser. You need to type your routers IP in the browser address and then you'll get your options.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-08-14 12:28 PM
    I had that problem on wpa2 with my playbook. had to change the encryption to wpa; then it worked. hope you find a better way to solve the problem. this is kind of half assed.
    02-08-14 02:38 PM
    Into your Web browser type 192.168.1.1 when you are connected to the router in question. It will bring up your router's interface. Take a look at things there. You might not understand anything but you can always restore to default if you mess up something.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:57 PM