My Z10 has started doing something extremely odd... basically if I press on the screen firmly (not extremely hard, just firmly like one would while playing a game, etc), the device makes an odd clicking noise. It's not coming from the speakers, as the noise even happens with the battery removed... I'm thinking of asking Verizon to let me exchange it as it seems like something that could easily get worse over time, but since I'm running 10.0.10.822, is there a way to go back to their official OS so they don't try to weasel out of it? There is literally no possible way the OS could cause this issue so it shouldn't be an issue but you never know what a company might do to avoid exchanging a product...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 06:59 PM
    Sounds a mechanical issue...get an exchange.
    04-23-13 07:40 PM
    Your Z10 morphed into a Storm!

Posted via CB10
    robtanz and EchoesFX like this.
    04-23-13 07:41 PM
    My Z10 has started doing something extremely odd... basically if I press on the screen firmly (not extremely hard, just firmly like one would while playing a game, etc), the device makes an odd clicking noise. It's not coming from the speakers, as the noise even happens with the battery removed... I'm thinking of asking Verizon to let me exchange it as it seems like something that could easily get worse over time, but since I'm running 10.0.10.822, is there a way to go back to their official OS so they don't try to weasel out of it? There is literally no possible way the OS could cause this issue so it shouldn't be an issue but you never know what a company might do to avoid exchanging a product...

Posted via CB10
    Reload OS from Link to go back to factory settings
    04-23-13 07:50 PM
    Was able to do the downgrade with some info from this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-z10-778534/

The Verizon store I went to didn't really look at anything on the phone's settings anyway, the new phone should be here in a few days and I can just ship back the old one. Still kinda disturbing. The noise seems to be stronger on the left side of the screen and strongest above the micro USB port. The phone has always felt a bit warm to the touch on the left side as well. Oh well. **** happens.
    04-23-13 10:11 PM