Been having this issue ever since updating from the Bold to the Z10. I have one particular contact that when I send a MMS message to it redirects it to the same number with a different area code. I MMS 989-350-XXXX and it is received by 231-350-XXXX. Verizon has replaced the phone twice, they can see in there system that I send it to the 989 area code and get delivered to the 231 area code number. Text messaging is not affected.
    I did a security wipe and then bypassed backup assistant to make sure there was no issue there. The contact number for the specific contact is correct and only shows one number for him. I have manually re-entered all my contacts to try to rule out everything. Also checked the sim card and the only contacts on the sim card are the default Verizon numbers. I turned those off in the contacts app. This is the only contact with this issue and I have multiple area codes in my contacts that I have no issues with. Some are even same area code and prefix.
    05-05-13 12:58 PM
    FYI likely the recipient gave you a Google voice number. Btw MMS isn't supported on that network.

Root

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:02 PM
    FYI likely the recipient gave you a Google voice number. Btw MMS isn't supported on that network.

Root

Posted via CB10

His carrier at AT&T.
    05-05-13 01:10 PM
    It's still likely the number you have is a Google Voice number that passes to his att connected phone. Call him and ask.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:16 PM
    It's still likely the number you have is a Google Voice number that passes to his att connected phone. Call him and ask.

Posted via CB10

I can assure you that there is no google voice number. I had no issues with the 9930, but the Z10 has a problem.
    05-05-13 01:23 PM
    I am having same exact issue. Sent to area code 443 and delivers to area code 410. Only in MMS mode. So far seems random, I will try to see if it is same contacts each time
    05-07-13 04:25 PM
    A solution for a different problem (not able to send MMS to certain numbers) but perhaps may help here: delete the message thread for that contact in the hub (must do this or it won't work) then go to the contact in question and modify their number to the format 12223334444. Then start a new thread and see if it now works.
    05-07-13 07:08 PM
    I have tried that with the contact in question. Still unable to get it to send properly. I have even deleted the contact and reentered it. It worked flawless for a few weeks then started sending again to the same number with different area code. All my contacts include area code whether they are local numbers or not. Have not had much help from Verizon at all.

A solution for a different problem (not able to send MMS to certain numbers) but perhaps may help here: delete the message thread for that contact in the hub (must do this or it won't work) then go to the contact in question and modify their number to the format 12223334444. Then start a new thread and see if it now works.
    05-07-13 09:27 PM