I don't know if this has been covered or not however my BlackBerry Z10 will munch through an entire battery charge within a couple of hours tops even though there is nothing downloading or syncing

Anyone else getting this or have any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:08 PM
    Had the exact same problem. On 10.0, my phone could easily last an entire day with moderate to heavy usage. After I upgraded to 10.1, the Z10 will die in about 4 hours with that kind of usage, or 8 hours just sitting idle.

I love my Z10 to death and always will, but I did get sick of it. So I literally just installed 10.1.0.1880 after the recommendation of some good users on here, who said that having that OS leak successfully improved their battery life after 10.1, so maybe try doing that. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can do.
    05-28-13 05:12 PM
    Had the exact same problem. On 10.0, my phone could easily last an entire day with moderate to heavy usage. After I upgraded to 10.1, the Z10 will die in about 4 hours with that kind of usage, or 8 hours just sitting idle.

I love my Z10 to death and always will, but I did get sick of it. So I literally just installed 10.1.0.1880 after the recommendation of some good users on here, who said that having that OS leak successfully improved their battery life after 10.1, so maybe try doing that. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can do.
    So despite it being a leaked OS, do all you're other apps and/or games still work OK on it? Is it stable enough to use as a daily driver?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:27 PM
    Everything has been working PERFECTLY on it so far. No issues whatsoever. All you need to do is enter the passwords for your various accounts, and then everything is basically up and running again.

Any sideloaded android apps though, will have to be re-sideloaded again. But all of your accounts, contacts, pictures, videos, native apps, etc will be saved BUT YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE FIRST!

Open Link, do a full back-up, close Link.
    Download the leaked .1880 OS autoloader, which can be found in a search of the forums (sorry I don't have the exact link handy). And I only say 1880, because that's what was recommended with me. Different people have had success with other leaks as well.
    Once it's downloaded, double-click on the Autoloader, and then plug into your phone. After waiting a minute, a DOS window will open and the process will begin. It only takes a few minutes to do.
    After the new OS is installed, open Link again and do a Full Restore. Then you're done!

It seems like .1880 has been doing the trick for me so far.
    05-28-13 05:35 PM