Check out what's listed in my profile as primary phone now Currently updating to 10.0.10.88 btw.

The discoverability issue is separate-but-connected to the "shop window" issue, I feel. On Android especially there are plenty of "crapps" that tag along to popular apps with the same keywords and sometimes even the same name. The Temple Run developers have suffered this, with fake apps bearing the Temple Run name and icon appearing before the official release. Google needs to be faster at shutting that down. Apple is little better. I'm sure it's going to plague BB10 if it hasn't already. While I'm not fond of platform holders policing apps for content, they really should be on top of potential legal issues.

I haven't mentioned Microsoft because it'd be unfair to when I haven't used WP8, only WP7. But they are the worst offender IMO when it comes to unwanted marketing on what should be MY screen, judging from the Xbox - always promoting things I have no interest in on the dashboard, including actual ads. So lame.
    03-13-13 09:34 AM
    Great hearing the perspective of a developer! You guys really are who is going to drive this platform forward.

Cheers!
    03-13-13 09:40 AM
    Excellent post/thread... Frankly, a tone and sense of deep reflection that should be the norm around these parts.
    Very true. It just goes to show how open people here are to intelligent, balanced opinions from someone who has actually used the device in question.

You're gonna LOVE BB10!!
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    03-14-13 04:28 PM
103 ... 345