If I take the plunge with a 24 month contract and receive a new handset, are O2 allowed to replace this handset with a refurbished one?

Basically, I had problems with the first handsets I received, but the one I'm now using is a refurbished one that they replaced my old one with. Not that I'm complaining since it was a straight swap, but doesn't this undermine the value of my device and the contract I continue to pay a direct debit monthly towards? Isn't the cost of my monthly payments based on the value of the "new" phone and the service combined? In other words, am I not now paying more per month than I should be? . Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 02:09 PM
    I couldn't agree more!

Verizon did the same exact thing to me! My phone was only a few months old and in pristine condition when it suddenly died overnight. Now I have a refurb that who knows where it's been or how it was taken care of.

I even had them conference BlackBerry in to see if I could have it sent back for repair -but BlackBerry said they don't offer it. However BlackBerry did say that it should be replaced with a NEW phone because of the 1-year warranty. Even still, Verizon refused to give me a new one.

Hopefully T-Mobile adds an antenna near my home soon... Then it's SO LONG VERIZON!!!
    10-25-13 02:17 PM
    Kick up a stink and threaten to walk away and cancel your contract. That will get their attention and a new phone that should be replaced under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 02:25 PM
    This idea should work well

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 03:19 PM
    Thats ridiculous that they wouldnt honor the year warranty. I would have cancelled my contract on the spot and paid the early termination fee.
    10-25-13 03:29 PM