Playing devils advocate here... are you truly "in" your home when you are on the internet?

Physically you are, but in essence you are outside.

Posted via CB10
    You may be interested in this upcoming case. Google Street view cars were caught stealing data from people's home wifi networks.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/11...NGD&A=results&

- aBBuser seeing squircles on CB10
    09-11-13 07:38 PM
    Playing devils advocate here... are you truly "in" your home when you are on the internet?

Physically you are, but in essence you are outside.

Posted via CB10
    The Internet is like any other public area, but public areas can contain private areas within them too. Think of it as a mall. You can't expect privacy standing in the middle of it, but I think it's pretty reasonable to expect privacy in a change room or a restroom. Similarly, I don't care if the NSA is logging what I'm posting on these forums - this is a public space and I should reasonably expect anyone to have access to my posts here. But when they start tapping into my emails, my private messages, and my encrypted communications, that's when they've crossed the line.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and danprown like this.
    09-11-13 08:38 PM
    lmao did they seriously post the photoshopped pic of the sad face from the german lady:P
    This sad lady is German Chancellor Angela Merkel and she is pretty anger about the NSA business.

I read an article Monday in 'The Guardian' where NSA is now trying to set new standards in the US for encryption and I think they are daring those who defies this.!
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-johns-hopkins

Maby BlackBerry can come up with something that will top them, as least Canada will not come under US & NSA rule.

But then there are the Super computers coming down the line that they say can crack any code, looks like Star Wars many not be scy fi after all.
    Last edited by robhenry24; 09-11-13 at 10:23 PM.
    09-11-13 09:33 PM
    Don't know why everyone's so surprised about this. Especially as all the phone OS's are now north American, I kinda assume that it's a given that the phone companies collude with the US authorities. In the same way as Lenovo was found to be colluding with the Chinese Government putting in back doors into the network cards, now that they're a Chinese company
    Who said anything about being surprised? try PISSED
    09-11-13 10:58 PM
    I read an article Monday in 'The Guardian' where NSA is now trying to set new standards in the US for encryption and I think they are daring those who defies this.!
    The NSA's next move: silencing university professors? | Jay Rosen | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Wow, I read that post, obviously before it was taken down. (I don't remember if I read the Blogger or University copy)

IIRC, that post was quoted by a lot of journalists.
    09-12-13 12:55 AM
130 ... 456