This stinks.

Bought Z10 last April, now BlackBerry folds and I'm stuck with a phone that will have very limited, if any attention to firmware and app development anytime soon. If at all. Anyone have ideas on how to trade in with Verizon without having to pay full sticker price on a brand new phone? Looking specifically at android devices. I just don't want to be stuck with this thing for the next year and a half.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:04 PM
    BlackBerry didn't fold

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:05 PM
    U will get updates, use the phone and calm down u should be worried more about your ****ty President and your debit cieling. Get a life pal

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:06 PM
    Blackberry didn't fold, they were just bought so they don't have to share their disappointing shares. But they're still working like usual
    cman5 likes this.
    09-23-13 09:08 PM
    U will get updates, use the phone and calm down u should be worried more about your ****ty President and your debit cieling. Get a life pal

Posted via CB10
    Somebody forgot to turn on their auto correct.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    SK122387 and kc0003 like this.
    09-23-13 09:09 PM
    Blackberry being bought out doesn't mean everything stops. Depends if the buyers want to sell its parts or keep the company going. If they keep the company going, then it is business as usual. Though some things might be scaled back.

This sale is by no means the end of the line yet.

Posted via CB10
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    09-23-13 09:14 PM
    No one is every stuck with a device. It's just a matter of whether you're willing to pay for another one
    09-23-13 09:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    ^THIS x 1000!!!!

WTF?! Is wrong with people on this forum today? I've been reading nothing but misinformed and ill advised posts all day!

OP did you buy the phone because you liked it or because you didn't know BlackBerry's future at the time?! The questions rhetorical.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    bbmtna, tg1, drmike and 8 others like this.
    09-23-13 09:16 PM
    If you don't like it sell it. Then buy a nexus. But coming on a BlackBerry forum and calling the phone garbage isn't going to solve your problems.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    gfondeur, tg1, drmike and 3 others like this.
    09-23-13 09:17 PM
    Lol guy bought the jump to conclusions mat
    09-23-13 09:18 PM
    And, like all the other senseless posts, the OP will never come back to say, " okay, maybe I'm being a little over dramatic."

Posted via CB10
    cyblitz, alan510, tg1 and 4 others like this.
    09-23-13 09:25 PM
    This stinks.

Bought Z10 last April, now BlackBerry folds and I'm stuck with a phone that will have very limited, if any attention to firmware and app development anytime soon. If at all. Anyone have ideas on how to trade in with Verizon without having to pay full sticker price on a brand new phone? Looking specifically at android devices. I just don't want to be stuck with this thing for the next year and a half.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry did not fold and this "thing" is still the best smartphone on the market. It will remain so for another year and a half, don't worry.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:30 PM
    ^THIS x 1000!!!!

WTF?! Is wrong with people on this forum today? I've been reading nothing but misinformed and ill advised posts all day!

OP did you buy the phone because you liked it or because you didn't know BlackBerry's future at the time?! The questions rhetorical.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    He thought what a lot of us thought when we bought our z10s...that blackberry would do all it could to make sure bb10 gained traction. I was NOT expecting the CEO to be arrogant and cocky (will sell 10s of millions of q10s) but when it was time to execute disappear. Also wasn't expecting blackberry to drop the ball of damn near everything during this transition. But hey if it makes you feel better by saying "this 1000x" regarding something that has nothing to do with Blackberry flopping have fun in fanboy land. The rest of us will live in reality where we were hoping for more apps and support in the future.
    09-23-13 09:40 PM
    Man, I really feel bad for this guy. I mean, he probably spent days researching BlackBerry only to discover how they have continuously dominated the mobile phone industry over the past 3-4 years and have billions and billions of dollars stockpiled. On top of that, he probably investigated the non-stop rise in BlackBerry share costs and thought, "There's no way they're in some financial trouble.". I'm sure he also saw the numbers of folks getting laid off and came to the conclusion that BlackBerry really knows how to run a business efficiently. But of course, it was the commitment to an OS delivery deadline and fantastic carrier support that really forced his hand to buy the Z10. He was lied to, just like the rest of us.. :| LOL
    Last edited by emailthisaddress; 09-23-13 at 10:09 PM.
    09-23-13 09:40 PM
    I'm still pulling for BB because I like the Hub so much..
    tg1 and Lawrie Sherratt like this.
    09-23-13 09:45 PM
    When I first bought the phone it was, "all the big name apps will be here soon, don't leave BlackBerry!!!", and now it's "we * think * we'll still get os updates, maybe."

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-23-13 09:50 PM
    Sell it on EBAY and buy something else.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    Lawrie Sherratt and AlaJack like this.
    09-23-13 09:55 PM
    I cant even mount Z10 via USB. I tried all the remedies but no luck. Now I am stuck with device for another 2 1/2 years. I bought Z10 to support Blackberry but it was bad choice now. I will wait and see.
    milo53 and harlemsfinest27 like this.
    09-23-13 09:55 PM
    Bye bye op. Glad you are gone. Don't need negative energy.

The rest of us can now relax and continue living life.

Black is best Z10!
    gfondeur, tg1, felixweber and 1 others like this.
    09-23-13 09:59 PM
    Blackberry Z10 rocksss and the OS is so much better than android that is full of junk apps full of malware. In the first year of born, Android only had 30.000 apps and blackberry in less than a year have more than 120.000 apps .
    tg1, Lawrie Sherratt and cman5 like this.
    09-23-13 10:01 PM
    When I first bought the phone it was, "all the big name apps will be here soon, don't leave BlackBerry!!!", and now it's "we * think * we'll still get os updates, maybe."

Posted via CB10
    If you bought the device for what it would become, you made a mistake. It is the same for the PlayBook, except Z10 is not EOL at all, still being updated and fully functional. Now for the apps, BlackBerry already do more apps themselves than Android and Apple, for the rest it should be developers. If they don't want, just send them an email to push them. Nothing will be accomplished by whining like you do. It is absolutely useless.

Your consolation is that you are absolutely not the first to say so, which is kind of lame.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Keith Atkinson1 like this.
    09-23-13 10:08 PM
    Z10 does rock. Would I like a Z30? Yes. Still love my Z10 though!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    09-23-13 10:13 PM
    Blackberry hasn't been in great shape for quite awhile. Anyone who purchased one had to know that anything is possible, both good and bad. Sites like this one have always stressed how important a successful launch of BB10 would be to Blackberry's future. Even listening to the mainstream media you knew it was a do or die situation. Why the complaining now about being stuck with a phone, when nothing about BB's situation was hidden from the public?

As far as the CEO saying they are going to sell a lot of devices, & apps are coming what else would you expect them to say?
    09-23-13 10:46 PM
    Hi Guys ! Do Not buy something that you cannot afford. Once you decided , you have to leave with it.

Blackberry has to go back to initial state, even it has a good reputation in the past but they have to start all over again. QNX is new OS development, assume you use a new brand not old blackberry brand.

My opinion with QNX OS, in the begining they launch BB 10. i have to admit that it was sucks. It was buggy and not stable.
    but after they launched 10.1 , buggy things getting less and now with leaks 10.2. For me .. this is a new brand of Blackberry.
    In the past they have to released this 10.2 OS to market as a new launch of Blackberry.

Os 10.2 even still on leaks, i found it is stable, fast and consume less power.
    This morning, i watched how my Z10 change from H+ to 3G and then to EDGE just in couple seconds. when the receiver got weak signal, it directly change to different frequency and it caused no heat at all.
    After 3-4 days using leaks 10.2.0.1743. My Z10 with normal use can last at least 12 hours which is before only 6-8 hours.

Just use your Blackberry and you will feel how much it is better than other OS. I use Iphone and Android .. i hate when i have to push buttons to get to the menu.
    Lawrie Sherratt and cman5 like this.
    09-23-13 10:54 PM
    Love my Z10 and wouldn't trade it for another device even if I knew I wouldn't see another OS update or any new apps for the next two years. I can honestly say there isn't an app I really wish I had but don't.. The hub, peek and flow, the keyboard, nothing can top it. The other platforms have nothing to offer me. I choose BlackBerry.
    Sarek1701, CDM76, ital1 and 3 others like this.
    09-23-13 10:59 PM
88 123 ...