Now that the honeymoon period is over with my Z10, I feel many mixed emotions. On the one hand, I love it; but on the other, I miss several key things that I took for granted would be part of the BB10 & Z10 launch and aren't quite there yet (I say "yet" because having been a long time Blackberry user I know that they will eventually be there). I, like all of us, want my BB10 & Z10 experience to be the best, and it's not quite there. I really think that some official feedback from Blackberry to the masses needs to come out soon to discuss the timeframes for resolving many of the key enhancements/features that we are all clamoring for. My list isn't any different than any of the others, but I feel I have to list them anyway - need a charging pod (the Z10 was the first Blackberry device that I bought that one wasn't available); need the ability to customize notifications such as number of vibrations and number of rings; when will API's be released so that developers can build apps that don't have to be in Active Frames all the time to work properly; when will all of the promised apps be released; when will Outlook task requests be synced with Active Sync; etc.... You get the general idea. I have no intentions of getting rid of my Z10, and I believe that BB10 will be a great platform for the future; however, I really want some of those standard Blackberry functions/features of old to still be avaialble in the new. Who's with me?
    miketko and niss63 like this.
    04-12-13 09:33 AM
    Now that the honeymoon period is over with my Z10, I feel many mixed emotions. On the one hand, I love it; but on the other, I miss several key things that I took for granted would be part of the BB10 & Z10 launch and aren't quite there yet (I say "yet" because having been a long time Blackberry user I know that they will eventually be there). I, like all of us, want my BB10 & Z10 experience to be the best, and it's not quite there. I really think that some official feedback from Blackberry to the masses needs to come out soon to discuss the timeframes for resolving many of the key enhancements/features that we are all clamoring for. My list isn't any different than any of the others, but I feel I have to list them anyway - need a charging pod (the Z10 was the first Blackberry device that I bought that one wasn't available); need the ability to customize notifications such as number of vibrations and number of rings; when will API's be released so that developers can build apps that don't have to be in Active Frames all the time to work properly; when will all of the promised apps be released; when will Outlook task requests be synced with Active Sync; etc.... You get the general idea. I have no intentions of getting rid of my Z10, and I believe that BB10 will be a great platform for the future; however, I really want some of those standard Blackberry functions/features of old to still be avaialble in the new. Who's with me?
    My Outlook tasks sync fine with Active Sync.
    04-12-13 09:41 AM
    I too really miss the charging dock. I always got one with every new berry I bought in the past. Usually I would purchase it before I got my phone, so when I did get get my phone finally. I was good to go. This is also the first time I owned a berry without having that charging dock sitting on my night stand. The bedside mode for the alarm on this Z10 is really cool and I want to use it with a dock but can't. This sucks.

I understand why BlackBerry hasn't release their media Dock just yet, Kevin explained it in a blog post. I even ordered the 3rd party dock that he mentioned in his blog post from amazon, so I can use that for now. But still have not received it yet! It says expected delivery in first week of May.... and I ordered it at the end of March. > and apparently they are out of stock so you can't order any more of that 3rd party dock either!

Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer for the official one. Thinking it will be released after the 10.1 Update is pushed out.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:00 AM
    I hate to day it but I will "Buyer be Ware" I did enough research before I purchased the Z10 to know that there were initial issues with the device but it's a very usable device despite the issues.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev and pjmacklin like this.
    04-12-13 10:03 AM
    i agree that it is more than usable. I just want to know that some of what I believe to be key features of the old Blackberry ecosystem will be carried forward to the new.
    04-12-13 10:25 AM
    I guess that's what amazes me with the vehemence of the complaints that we see. First people evidently buy without any research or thought. Then they complain as if they were lied to or the lack of some minor feature renders the entire phone or OS unusable. Thank you for a post that isn't whiny.

Improvements and accessories will come. For most minor issues there are suitable workarounds and some issues can be resolved simply by learning to use the device as it was designed. We all want the improvements now but they don't happen at light speed on any platform. I prefer to take the time to see how the features I have now can help me be productive. I'm still finding new uses for my PlayBook. I'll do the same with my Z10.
    pjmacklin likes this.
    04-12-13 10:31 AM
    ; need the ability to customize notifications such as number of vibrations and number of rings;
    I believe BeBuzz offers this already.
    04-12-13 10:36 AM
    Originally Posted by Turk54
    ; need the ability to customize notifications such as number of vibrations and number of rings;

But you have to keep it open in the active frames, which was another of the ops complaints.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Foroplex
    04-12-13 10:41 AM
    I too really miss the charging dock. I always got one with every new berry I bought in the past. Usually I would purchase it before I got my phone, so when I did get get my phone finally. I was good to go. This is also the first time I owned a berry without having that charging dock sitting on my night stand. The bedside mode for the alarm on this Z10 is really cool and I want to use it with a dock but can't. This sucks.

I understand why BlackBerry hasn't release their media Dock just yet, Kevin explained it in a blog post. I even ordered the 3rd party dock that he mentioned in his blog post from amazon, so I can use that for now. But still have not received it yet! It says expected delivery in first week of May.... and I ordered it at the end of March. > and apparently they are out of stock so you can't order any more of that 3rd party dock either!

Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer for the official one. Thinking it will be released after the 10.1 Update is pushed out.

Posted via CB10
    A BB without a charging dock is like Eggo waffles without syrup. Or something like that. But hopefully when they DO release a dock, it won't be as miserably bad as the one they released for the 9930. And hopefully they will release a back with charging points on it, and not jack into the USB port.
    04-12-13 10:42 AM
    Yes it does, but what keeps me from buying the app is the fact that it still has to run in a active frame. There is many more apps I'm interested in, but I don't like the fact that they all need to run in active frames.
    And I second the crippled notification features the Z10 comes with.
    Also the duplicate contacts issue and the mess it creates when you edit a contact drives me up the wall.
    Other than that, I still love the crap out of my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:42 AM
    I guess that's what amazes me with the vehemence of the complaints that we see. First people evidently buy without any research or thought. Then they complain as if they were lied to or the lack of some minor feature renders the entire phone or OS unusable. Thank you for a post that isn't whiny
    I have to admit to having been accused recently of having purchased without research, for some of the reasons you refer to. On the contrary, I did research what I could but no one mentioned the troublesome bugs I have been experiencing. To blame someone for lack of research when they buy something which turns out not to function quite as advertised is disingenuous at best.

There are a range of problems being experienced by a range of people and the effects range from mildly irritating to, on occasions, making the device very difficult to use for its intended purpose.

Please stop blaming users for being the problem when the actual difficulties lie with the system.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-12-13 10:44 AM
    Who said the honeymoon period is over??? I look at my z10 everyday and I say "damn, you are sexy" I walked around on my phone for no reason just to get people to ask me "what the heck is that?" because i had mine before it came out in America... Now people ask "Is that the new blackberry"? I love that... People know about this phone, they have seen it.. Everywhere I go, if someone sees me with it, they ask me is that the new blackberry?? And until they dont ask is that the NEW blackberry, it will be honeymooning for me...
    04-12-13 10:47 AM
    And by the system I mean the phone, OS, support, documentation and everything else which should be sorted and in place before a product launch.

There seems to be a tendency to release under-tested, not quite finished products to market. In the phone market this also entails tying users in to long contracts which makes it difficult, if not impossible, to divest of the problem once it becomes apparent.
    04-12-13 10:48 AM
    My Outlook tasks sync fine with Active Sync.
    Me too. Right in the remember app. Love that app.
    04-12-13 10:50 AM
    Now that the Honeymoon period is over...I love this phone even more.

I do agree. 2 things that I think need to be changed. 1 we know will be changed and that is having different alerts for different accounts. Personally I dont care when I recieve a Yahoo or Outlook email but do want to be notified of my business account.

The other change I want to see is the choice of having the hub default back to the main hub screen when you exit out of it. Its a waste of time for me to look into the hub at say a whatsapp message, then 5 minutes later get an email swipe into the hub and still see the whatsapp message. Some people may like this though so I hope it can come as an option.

Anybody else want this feature?
    bundy5150 likes this.
    04-12-13 10:54 AM
    Please stop blaming users for being the problem when the actual difficulties lie with the system.
    I'm not making the broad generalization you imply so no need to be offended. You cannot deny that there are a significant number of complaints about things that should be known by anyone who just read Crackberry for an afternoon.

There are also a significant number of complaints over relatively minor issues that have simple work arounds. I thought the OP's post was refreshing. That doesn't minimize the issues you feel are important nor are you being "Blamed".

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 11:04 AM
    yeah I'd like the API stuff. Thats my main issue
    04-12-13 11:06 AM
    Ah, I see. I would point out that I got my z10 the day after release here in the UK, so there weren't any real comments from user experience available, that's what got my back up! I did research but most of the really irritating bugs hadn't been noticed.

I have had so much contact duplication that Gmail and Facebook contacted me about my huge contact lists.
    04-12-13 11:19 AM
    I have had so much contact duplication that Gmail and Facebook contacted me about my huge contact lists.
    That's not an issue I have experienced. I have gmail, outlook.com and other accounts and where names were identical they synced in my contacts with no duplication. With the others I linked them manually and the issue was resolved.
    04-12-13 11:24 AM
    yea the active frames suck... sooo pointless with certain apps... ahhhh
    04-12-13 11:36 AM
    Well, I originally imported everything from Gmail anyway but once I had noticed what was going on I had over 25000 contacts, synced to both Gmail and Facebook and the numbers were increasing! I end up with dozens upon dozens of each contact, all with details permuted so they won't automatically link and linking manually seemed to combine all of the most garbled data and start the duplication all over again!

Fortunately I have a local backup csv with my contacts data all complete so I could put it right after going through the steps the BlackBerry support guys walked me through. Unfortunately it started again after a power cycle and lots of the settings on the z10 to do with syncing and accounts reverted to troublesome settings.

I'm beginning to despair of ever getting this sorted and the support guys seemed rather vague over even whether this issue was being worked on.
    Last edited by WigglePig; 04-12-13 at 11:50 AM.
    04-12-13 11:39 AM
    Yep I must say you have a point. I'm still kicking around on my ancient Bold 9000 and will not part with my hard earned until some of these basic niggles have been sorted. Come on BB, we waited a year too long in the first place; please let me spend my money.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-12-13 11:41 AM
    I have had my Z10 for 2 months. I honestly am more impressed with it as time goes on. I also know that future OS upgrades will make it even better. I am still learning the tricks and shortcuts of what this phone can do. I am very pleased with my decision.

The only disclaimer I would like to add to my comment is I moved to BB10 from iphone so it is no wonder why I am so happy with the Z10.

One last note, my teenage daughter also chose the Z10 and now my teenage son who was belittling his sister as he was set on getting an Android phone is now eating humble pie and is joining the Z10 family. His words "it is so smooth, everything works and you can flp between tasks so easily"
    04-12-13 11:47 AM
    Who said the honeymoon period is over??? I look at my z10 everyday and I say "damn, you are sexy" I walked around on my phone for no reason just to get people to ask me "what the heck is that?" because i had mine before it came out in America... Now people ask "Is that the new blackberry"? I love that... People know about this phone, they have seen it.. Everywhere I go, if someone sees me with it, they ask me is that the new blackberry?? And until they dont ask is that the NEW blackberry, it will be honeymooning for me...
    I think you need to develop a more robust social life.
    pjmacklin and niss63 like this.
    04-12-13 11:52 AM
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the z10 but it's just all the daft bugs which make it such a chore to use for some purposes. These bugs are pretty big, some of them, and should really have been picked up if decent testing had been done.
    04-12-13 11:52 AM
38 12