I am having a very hard time deciding between the Z10 and the Z30.

I have had the opportunity to try both over the last week and I am very torn. The Z30 is brand new but the Z10 is an old one I borrowed after trying the Z30. I like the screen and speakers better on the the Z30, plus it seems a little faster. The glass on the Z30 is more slippery, so it seems to swipe better. Unfortunately, the Z30 feels completely unmanageble in my hand. I can not even wake the phone one handed which is a huge pain. It is slippery and I feel like a fool with such an enornous device in my hand. It feels very fragile, and my phones are constantly outiside, being set down in the dust and getting dropped. I can't imagine putting a case on the Z30 and making it even bigger! The Z10 on the other hand feels like the ideal size for a phone for someone who is always on the go like me. I love the weight and the rubberized back. It feels a like it would be tougher since it's so much lighter and smaller. The Z10 that I borrowed is quite beat up though, and the screen has a lot of scratches so I wonder if a new one would have a better screen feel. The Z10 has also been a little glitchy and froze on me once, so I am concerned about that, but also wonder if it's because it's an older phone.

I think the Z10 is the right phone for me, but am somewhat reluctant to send back the Z30 because of the screen and faster performance. What I'm wondering is if BB is going to release an updated or improved version of the Z10 soon? I can send back the Z30 and save my upgrade through Rogers and continue to use the borrowed Z10 until they release a new one, or I can order a new Z10 without the scratched screen of my borrowed one, but then I am out an upgrade if a new device comes out right away.
    05-12-14 03:13 PM
    I had the same problem when I was getting new phone couple of weeks ago. Went to the local shop couple of times to get a hand on both of them and see how I feel about it. I decided to get z10 as it was smaller and nicer in my opinion - I don't like big phones. Probably the z30 specification is slightly better but I didn't really see any difference. Plus monthly contract was like 50% cheaper for z10 so I decided there is no point taking z30 whatsoever. I think my z10 will be doing absolutely fine for the next 18 months. Hopefully blackberry won't be making a 5 inch ones only by that time.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 03:19 PM
    You're going to get a mixed bag of answers here. But IMHO, if the Z30 is definitely unmanageable for you, that's the deciding factor. Stick with the Z10.

We don't know when the next full touchscreen device will be available, or if there will be another of the same size as the Z10.

Suggestion - If you do decide to stick with the Z10, a high-quality screen protector can disguise those scratches quite well. And if the shell is marked up, skins can take care of that as well. I can only speak from my experience, but Ghost Armor is great. You can see some comments here. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-927929/
    05-12-14 03:26 PM
    Also, in every instance the Z10 takes better photos....but I really prefer the screen on the Z30. Definitely prefer the amoled display, which I didn't know until I put them side by side, the colours are so much nicer on the Z30. I really really wish the Z30 were smaller.
    Stupid phones, it shouldn't be so hard to decide...
    05-12-14 04:48 PM
    Go Z30. It's amazing and the specs blow the Z10 out of the water. You won't regret the move!

Posted using my amazing BlackBerry Z10 or Q5
    05-12-14 06:09 PM
    Get the 30. I am thinking you will get used to the size.
    I had both, and sold my 10 the other day.
    No regrets, I never wanted to use the 10 once after I bought the 30.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 06:23 PM
    Go for what feels right for you on a daily basis. If the Z30 feels too big and unmanageable for you then go with the Z10. Had mine for 15 months with no issues and the glass is still as smooth as when I first unboxed it, and I don't have a screen protector on it either.

In the end the choice is yours, weigh up all the pro and cons of both phones. In the end only you can decide really, regardless of what either Z10 or Z30 lovers say.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-12-14 06:31 PM
    I've had my Z10 since last June. No scratches and it still looks brand new. With the newest 10.2.1 leak it is better than it has ever been. If there was lag on the Z10 you tried, then there is an issue on that phone. Mine runs smooth as silk, no lags. Typing on it is a breeze wither one or two thumbed.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    05-12-14 07:12 PM
    Based on your requirements by all means the Z10 but do be prepared that it will not be able to match the battery life of the Z30

Posted via my Z10
    05-12-14 07:48 PM
    Until 10.3 is released from what is being reported

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 08:32 PM
    Loving my Z10 since day 1 - I wouldn't consider a Z30 upgrade (even with some spec bumps and the larger battery) just due to the size. I have a Seidio Convert Combo case on my Z10 (just purchased from CrackBerry a few weeks ago) and it's ALMOST as big as a naked Z30 (well it's thicker for sure, but LxW is almost the same); it now feels a bit unweildly (sp) but worth it for the protection. For the price, it's a great bang for your buck. For the personal preference (not liking larger phones), definately go with the Z10.
    05-13-14 08:56 AM
    After trying 10.3 on my Z10, I tell you, that little phone beats all the new Androids and the Z30 (for me at least because I like the size).. it's snappy as anything so the Z10 is not old hardware.. the experience is excellent..
    however, the decisive factor should be the battery..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-13-14 09:00 AM
    The Z10 is a solid phone. So is the Z30.

I think the big thing is whether BlackBerry will be releasing a new version of either phone in the short term. If so, do you want to wait for it?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-13-14 11:46 AM
    The Z10 is a solid phone. So is the Z30.

I think the big thing is whether BlackBerry will be releasing a new version of either phone in the short term. If so, do you want to wait for it?

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I can send back the Z30, continue to use this beat up borrowed Z10 and wait and see if there is a new Z10 that I can then get with my upgrade from Roger's if I return the Z30.....
    05-13-14 03:33 PM
    I would wait until the new phones come out. The "Chen phones".

I suspect their will be no more variations of the Z10, nor the Q10 or Z30.

These phones were designed when Mike L. was around. Thus JC will move away from them and their names.

You don't see Ford making anymore Edsels do ya?

Using a BlackBerry Z10! OS: 10.2.1.3175
    05-13-14 03:43 PM
    I can tell you the Z10 can handle a lot. I bought it but let my guy use it. He must of dropped it or tossed it at least 3 times. It works perfectly for me.

I love the screen on the Z10. It is a tad slower and the battery life is less than stellar.

I'd say just go with what geeks better. You can't go wrong with either one though. =]

If we don't get a Z50 soon, I'll still jump on to the Z30 eventually. ^_^

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    05-13-14 04:08 PM
    If the Z10 leans more on usability due to its size then go for it, compared to the Z30 specs and performance its not that very significant except for the battery which lasts longeeer.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:38 PM

You don't see Ford making anymore Edsels do ya?
    Haha. That's true. But they are still making cars.

05-13-14 04:39 PM
    I'd say based on cost:benefit and the fact you say the Z30 is large, I'd go for the Z10.

That way, if you really hate it, get rid and you haven't wasted much...similarly if you love it, I guess a new touch screen flagship Z device will be out in 6 months and you can get one of those...

I have a Z10 and am tempted by the Z30, but �350+ for a Z30 just isn't worth it for what I will gain.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:44 PM
    I would recommend getting the Z30. I have had both and although I think the Z10 is the perfect size for a phone after using the Z30 I could not honestly go back. I really like the look of the new Z3 but I don't think it will ever make it to the states.

Posted from the best phone, the Z30!
    05-13-14 05:00 PM
    I recommend simply waiting. You'll regret buying last year's device if a new one is released this year. It's like going out and purchasing an iPhone 5 today when you know that an iPhone 6 is on its way. You went without one this long, you can go a few more months.

Patience grasshopper.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 06:03 PM
    I have both Z10 and a Z30 and I can honestly say that I wouldn't go back to my Z10 now that I have used the 30. I used to charge all day and carry extra batteries. Now I get through a day and a half on a charge. (But I charge every night anyway). Lucky enough to get it on a great plan from my carrier so I couldn't pass it up. Was worried about the size but it's just right for me. I think that's what the OP must do, decide on what's best for YOU!
    imcurved likes this.
    05-13-14 07:01 PM
    I recommend simply waiting. You'll regret buying last year's device if a new one is released this year. It's like going out and purchasing an iPhone 5 today when you know that an iPhone 6 is on its way. You went without one this long, you can go a few more months.

Patience grasshopper.

Posted via CB10
    Good way to put that. Sort of like buying a new 2013 car in 2014.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! OS: 10.2.1.3175
    05-14-14 07:40 AM
    If you need smaller, get the Z10. If you want a bigger screen, get the Z30. If you want a battery with long life, get the Z30. If you want a phone with swappable batteries, get the Z10. I like swappable batteries since I fly internationally and sometimes can't plug in the phone, I have multiple batteries.

If you want FM radio, the Z30.

I like the Z10 for its size and the ability to swap batteries. It works for me. I can carry it comfortably in my pocket, even in the Flip Case.

They are both nice phones, just different, and yes, the Z30 has higher specs. I'm quite happy with the Z10 though. I run a variety of apps and run Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 11:36 AM
    This isn't getting any easier! I've boxed up the z30 to send it back several times but am having a hard time letting it go... I don't think I care about battery life or changeable battery, so that's moot. it's just that the z30 is so much better looking and the glass is so much nicer. I think I'll take The advice above though and send it back and wait to see what comes out next. I will continue to use this old z10 for the time being and I can always get a z30 again later if nothing else comes out. Thanks again for the thoughts. I had no idea I'd be so indecisive...
    All I know is I'm glad to be rid of my iPhone. I do have to give it some credit for surviving two full aquatic submersions and being dropped countless times.
    PHughes likes this.
    05-14-14 12:33 PM
32 12