I was just about to post this problem as well. But I thought maybe I found the solution. I turned the volume up on the side buttons and that seems to have fixed the issue. It seems that when you set to silent or bedside node when you restore the audio setting doesn't. I was so frustrated missing calls that I just set it to vibrate.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:15 AM
    It's the little things that make like easier...thanks for the tip
    02-17-13 10:52 AM
    I was just about to post this problem as well. But I thought maybe I found the solution. I turned the volume up on the side buttons and that seems to have fixed the issue. It seems that when you set to silent or bedside node when you restore the audio setting doesn't. I was so frustrated missing calls that I just set it to vibrate.

Posted via CB10
    I've been down that road, and it doesn't always seem to fix the issue, but it has worked in some cases.
    02-17-13 11:03 AM
    How does a major player like Blackberry role out a new device with such a basic problem, it looks like we are beta testers for the major US release.
    02-17-13 12:31 PM
    I've been thinking that too, but I'm good with that!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:26 PM
    How does a major player like Blackberry role out a new device with such a basic problem, it looks like we are beta testers for the major US release.
    It does make you wonder who and how many people tested this device over the preceding months, doesn't it?
    02-17-13 08:14 PM
    I have the issue and I'm quite sure it has something to do with either Bluetooth / Voice Command or a combination of both. Restart fixes it - until it rears its ugly head again give the same scenario... BBRY did a beautiful job polishing the OS....wow. As poor as it could possible have been - it is. I'm sure though, that all these bugs will be ironed out within a year or two...wow.
    02-17-13 08:32 PM
    It does make you wonder who and how many people tested this device over the preceding months, doesn't it?
    Or rather how many of the testers used Bluetooth? Was it even tested on the Beta units, or was the interface provide by the Bluetooth Group? It took a few days (work has been stupid busy) but I have come to the Bluetooth conclusion. Have to go to a wired headset until this is resolved. My truck is too noisy for the native speaker phone, and the driving while handling the handset in Ontario tickets are prohibitive
    02-17-13 09:41 PM
    Ok so pursuant to my earlier post about the simple key volume up fix. That's not it. Missed a very important call earlier and the volume was up. No blue tooth or special audio settings. Quite disappointed

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 09:45 PM
    Or rather how many of the testers used Bluetooth? Was it even tested on the Beta units, or was the interface provide by the Bluetooth Group? It took a few days (work has been stupid busy) but I have come to the Bluetooth conclusion. Have to go to a wired headset until this is resolved. My truck is too noisy for the native speaker phone, and the driving while handling the handset in Ontario tickets are prohibitive
    For the last 3 days I have been trying a new approach. Been turning the bluetooth on and off only when needed, and the notifications have stayed stable. My guess is that the Z10 may have issues that prop up when you walk in and out of range without turning the BT off.
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-24-13 12:33 AM
    For the last 3 days I have been trying a new approach. Been turning the bluetooth on and off only when needed, and the notifications have stayed stable. My guess is that the Z10 may have issues that prop up when you walk in and out of range without turning the BT off.
    I'm testing the same. I was using a visor mounted speakerphone when I started to have the issue. With that type of BT I wasn't in the habit of turning it off when I got out of my truck. I relied on the auto power off feature and I am sure that often I would walk out of range before it would power off.

Now I have switch to a Jawbone Era which you naturally switch off when removing from your ear. I still think I have had the notifications go on the fritz since switching to the Jawbone but can't be sure. This week I will pay more attention and see if manually cutting that BT connection makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 10:52 PM
    Physically switching off the BT device and forcing disconnect has no effect. I still lose my notifications regularly after being connected to my Jawbone.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:23 PM
    I noticed that my Yahoo audio and vibrate notifications just stopped. The LED flashes but it doesn't vibrate or make a noise now at all. Anyone know how to make it work again? They were fine this afternoon.
    02-27-13 12:52 PM
    Hold down the three volume buttons on the side of the phone for 10 seconds and it will reboot. It will be fine till the next time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-28-13 05:45 AM
    Thinking outside the box - has anyone with this problem tried downloading HUB++ and using it for notifications as a workaround?
    02-28-13 08:15 AM
    I hope that I'm not speaking out of turn, but so far since the OS update I haven't had an issue.
    I will follow up with further tests

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-28-13 04:03 PM
    Seems like the plan is coming together. The big bugs like the Bluetooth notification issue getting fixed before the phone is officially released in the US....2 big thumbs up....I hope this is the case. @bbmtna....hopefully your tests are successful.
    02-28-13 04:09 PM
    I am testing today with the update to 10.0.10.85. Will keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-01-13 10:24 AM
    I'm incredibly proud to say that as of now I've yet to run into a single notification issue with this latest official build.

I've had my z10 sync'd to my car, made and received several calls. While parked places several emails to myself from different accounts and those all worked well, along with bbms and text messages.
    I proceeded to exit the car and ran a test of income calls and other generic notifications for about an hour before returning to my car. Each of those notifications worked flawlessly.
    Upon my return trip to the car I re ran all of the same things as above and took it one step further and streamed music from my device over blue tooth to my car.
    Again no problems. I'm back in my office typing this out and I have my led going off in front of me and sounds chumming in on queue. I'm one happy blackberry user!

I'll be preforming more tests later today.

I was going to post this in the official build thread but really didn't want to read through a dozen pages of people saying that they were going to download the build to find out if someone had already posted my findings.

I hope this has fixed everyobe else's notification issues.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-01-13 10:45 AM
    So far positive for me too but I will reserve judgment for at least a few days as it was more of an every-other-day occurrence for me.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-01-13 10:50 AM
    So far positive for me too but I will reserve judgment for at least a few days as it was more of an every-other-day occurrence for me.

Posted via CB10
    You make a valid point.

For myself and the problems I had, they were almost immediate. Heck most of the time if I was in the car for more then 30 mins my notifications would stop working.

So to have been in the car for over an hour both times today and the phone still works perfectly, I'm thrilled.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 11:08 AM
    Updated to 10.0.10.85 on Thursday. I had to restart (battery swap) on Friday morning. I have used BT several times since then and have not lost my notifications yet. It's looking good so far...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:34 PM
    Still working.

Yay! I'm impressed. I was pretty worried that I would be waiting for 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:58 PM
    Yes, having same issues, only way is if I have earphones plugged in, then I hear and speak thru this as well hear my alerts. But none of that works with a bluetooth. Other than hearing phone calls coming in, or dialing out.. that is all.. No alerts, messages or notices that I have received sms or emails ringtones even when I'm off the phone.
    I have had this problem before the latest update, and still have the problem with the latest update. BT only works for incoming and outgoing calls. No notifications, alerts.. What is strange is when you setup a contact with a specific ringtone, it plays over thru the BT when you choose it. But then after saving it.. and then trying it out, it only plays over the speaker or ear headset, but not over the BT??? Any Ideas , using a Jawbone EAR
    Thanks,
    Ric

Yuk,
    Ric
    Last edited by CaptrfsBB; 04-09-13 at 10:59 PM.
    04-09-13 10:48 PM
    I have the same problem and really can not get the sound back in notifications.
    I tried hard reset as mentioned here, but it did not work.
    Someone with this problem effectively managed solution without counting those cited here?
    04-11-13 10:58 AM
77 1234