Here's where it gets weird for me. My phone was syncing with Box. I received 3bbm messages in that time frame. All of which didn't make a sound. After my phone was done sync (monitored by swiping down on the main screen) my notifications return in full force.

I no longer know what to make of it. I look forward to the fix.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 03:20 PM
    Ok, I figured out what is causing this to happen; at least on my phone. The Bluetooth is definitely part of the cause, however what is actually triggering the notifications to stop working is using the speech to text option while connected to the Bluetooth device. Keep in mind, notifications don't get disabled right away after using the text to speech; it can take up to 10min before the issue occurs. I have been able to recreate this issue several times and for my phone, I am 100% confident that Text to Speech while connected to the Bluetooth is the culprit

I spent about an hour with Blackberry Tech support on this issue and have submitted my log files to them; they are aware of this bug and working on a fix. Hopefully this gets fixed sooner than later!!

Please give it a try and let me know if T to S while on BT causes your notifications to mute out.

thanks
    02-15-13 05:52 AM
    That may be the problem for others but I believe mine is strictly blue tooth. After reading your post I thought heck yeah he's right, I use voice controls all the time. So I got in the car this morning and used blue tooth as I normally would and here I am without my notifications working. I didn?t use any voice controls today, just made and received calls. By all means I'm not saying that you are wrong and heck I'm glad that blackberry is working on a fix. All I'm saying is that mine is blue tooth related - Imo.

02-15-13 09:16 AM
    I have also had the notifications crap out after not having used text to speech at all. Just in and out of bluetooth does it. Glad BlackBerry is working on it.

02-15-13 09:52 AM
    Has anyone tried the hard rest?

Hold volume up, volume down and power button for 10 seconds and reset the phone. Did that once a couple days ago and haven't had any issues since and I have been using blue tooth and voice control all the time. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Brian
    02-15-13 09:52 AM
    Has anyone tried the hard rest?

Hold volume up, volume down and power button for 10 seconds and reset the phone. Did that once a couple days ago and haven't had any issues since and I have been using blue tooth and voice control all the time. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Brian
    Brian I'm gonna try that just as soon as I press send.

While we are on the topic of bugs, I have a new one. My battery was less then 5% so I put it on the charger. While it was on the charger I took the opportunity to restart my device (because of the lack of notifications) . Well when the device rebooted the phone says that the battery is 100%. I then turned the device off pulled the battery (though I know that I don't need to) and booted up again and here I am with a battery level of 85% (please note that I did a video call during all of this that lasted almost 10mins.

brian4591 likes this.
    02-15-13 10:28 AM
    What, if anything, is lost when doing a hard reset?

02-15-13 03:22 PM
    I'm planning on returning my phone if this issue isn't resolved. What good is a communication device that won't tell you how there is a message?
    02-15-13 10:41 PM
    What, if anything, is lost when doing a hard reset?

I can not answer that for sure. As far as I know you will lose nothing. I think it just refreshes the OS the a "clean" state. Does not reinstall it. Gets the kinks out. Everything is the exact same for me after doing a hard reset. Just seems to take a little longer to reboot the first time and the HUB took longer the first time when re-opening.

Hope this helps!
    02-16-13 01:30 AM
    I'm planning on returning my phone if this issue isn't resolved. What good is a communication device that won't tell you how there is a message?
    A little bit of an extreme action?
    Have you tried a "hard reset" as I stated earlier in this post?

Brian
    02-16-13 01:31 AM
    Brian I'm gonna try that just as soon as I press send.

While we are on the topic of bugs, I have a new one. My battery was less then 5% so I put it on the charger. While it was on the charger I took the opportunity to restart my device (because of the lack of notifications) . Well when the device rebooted the phone says that the battery is 100%. I then turned the device off pulled the battery (though I know that I don't need to) and booted up again and here I am with a battery level of 85% (please note that I did a video call during all of this that lasted almost 10mins.

Have you tried the hard reset? Keep us updated. Thanks

Brian
    02-16-13 01:32 AM
    A little bit of an extreme action?
    Have you tried a "hard reset" as I stated earlier in this post?

Brian
    Did that, did a battery pull too. What I've noticed is that even though the notification says "normal" the bell has a cross through it.

As far as extreme goes, how can I maintain a conversation wiith anyone when I don't get warned that they have responded? I still reach for my 9900 in the mornings as on WIFI it is feels more functional than the Z10. I want to love this phone but it's working hard to prevent that!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-16-13 06:14 AM
    Have you tried the hard reset? Keep us updated. Thanks

Brian
    Hey Brian,

I did indeed do the hard reset and I haven't noticed a single problem. I did however turn my blue tooth off right after the hard reset. I'm tempted to turn it on this morning and give it one more shot. If all I have to do is keep blue tooth off for my phone to fully work, I have no problem doing so until the bug is resolved. Heck the hd audio on the speaker phone us crazy good.

I can see how others would be annoyed or frustrated with this constantly happening.

02-16-13 06:40 AM
    Did that, did a battery pull too. What I've noticed is that even though the notification says "normal" the bell has a cross through it.

As far as extreme goes, how can I maintain a conversation wiith anyone when I don't get warned that they have responded? I still reach for my 9900 in the mornings as on WIFI it is feels more functional than the Z10. I want to love this phone but it's working hard to prevent that!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Let me clarify: The notification bell with the slash through it is the default and it turns blue to indicate that you have turned off all notifications (just so we all know what it means because I've seen a few other posts indicating confusion with this and I didn't fully realize what it all meant till recently).

When things are working, when that slashed bell is blue it says "Silent", clicking it again changes it back to "Normal". When things are not working it says "Normal", blue or not.
    02-16-13 09:02 AM
    Hi,

It seems to me the issue is not really FIXED. A hard reset after every time one connects to a BT device is not a fix. I'm experiencing the same issue as most here - after I connect (and disconnect) from my Ford Sync Bluetooth system, notifications are not audible. A reset is required, and all is fine until I connect to my Bluetooth again. I am another user who has contacted my carrier and had it escalated. The more reports they get, the quicker it gets escalated and fixed, I would think. Luckily it's a software, not hardware issue, so I won't be returning/exchanging my unit.
    02-16-13 09:07 AM
    Let me clarify: The notification bell with the slash through it is the default and it turns blue to indicate that you have turned off all notifications (just so we all know what it means because I've seen a few other posts indicating confusion with this and I didn't fully realize what it all meant till recently).

When things are working, when that slashed bell is blue it says "Silent", clicking it again changes it back to "Normal". When things are not working it says "Normal", blue or not.
    Yes exactly, the Blue bell is notifications silent (if the problem is 'active' it will say Normal no matter what)

Further to this issue I can also agree it has something to do with the voice control and or blue tooth, or a combination.

I haven't had the issue at all for a few days, been using in-car blue tooth to take/recieve calls ok.

Just now I used the voice dication to send a few txt's / BBM's while driving, .... got home and inside and of course all notifications are off.

The interesting part now is, I noticed the keyboard wasn't clicking anymore either.... so I tried to play a music file... it said "The sound device is currently in use by a voice application" or something to that extent.

Basically I think the voice control is locking itself into the sound device and not letting go when it should... so I went into a message and hit voice dictation, and just cancelled out of it right after.

Then I could play a music file fine, as the sound device was released properly.

Now my notifications are back with no reboot or battery pull.
    02-16-13 11:49 AM
    You may also check your camera app. Sometimes it is dead after blue tooth device has been used

02-16-13 03:05 PM
    When the notifications are silent, does the led notifications still work?
    02-16-13 05:11 PM
    Nope, the LED stops blinking also.

kevinnugent likes this.
    02-16-13 05:38 PM
    Nope, the LED stops blinking also.

Oh, that's bad. I like my phone to be silent, so must have the LED blink.
    02-16-13 07:03 PM
    Oh, that's bad. I like my phone to be silent, so must have the LED blink.
    Wait, do you mean the normal silent mode? Yes putting it in silent will still have the blinking light.

I meant that the led turns off when the software bug kicks in.

02-16-13 07:20 PM
    Wait, do you mean the normal silent mode? Yes putting it in silent will still have the blinking light.

I meant that the led turns off when the software bug kicks in.

Yup you're OK. I was enquiring about the bug. Seems to be centered around Bluetooth and/or the voice commands. I can avoid Bluetooth until a fix arrives.
    02-16-13 07:38 PM
    My thoughts exactly. Especially having the hd voice when on speaker phone. The sound is amazing

02-16-13 07:52 PM
    Similar issues here when using blue tooth. Battery pull out and the notifications are back and the sound is no longer locked
    02-17-13 10:07 AM
    Similar issues here when using blue tooth. Battery pull out and the notifications are back and the sound is no longer locked
    A battery pull isn't required a simple restart does the trick. Hold the power button then press restart on the bottom right hand corner.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-17-13 10:11 AM
77 1234