Since I got my Z10 I have noticed that quite often there is no audible notification when I get a message. I kept checking that my notification profile was set to "Normal" but still messages would come and there would be no sound.

Today I drilled further down and realized that even though the overalls notifications profile was set to "Normal", the sound for the message notification was off. I did not turn it off so that seemed a bit strange.

What seems to be happening in that after taking the device out of bedside mode or after setting the profile to "Normal" after having it in "Silent", is it is not restoring the message notification sound back to "On".

Has any one else witnessed this behavior?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 12:56 PM
    Actually... I just put it into "Silent" and back to "Normal" a few times and it all seemed to work fine. Perhaps its when I am connecting and disconnecting from my Bluetooth speakerphone that it is not going back into "Normal" as it should. I just know that somehow, the sound option is turned off on many of my notifications, without me having done it directly. I will have to do some more testing. I really hope the notifications issues are right up there at the top of the development priority list though...
    02-11-13 01:43 PM
    I have been having the same problem. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it to stop working. After a power reset it will work fine for a few hours then quit? Not sure what is up? Need it fixed! Very frustrating!
    02-12-13 03:27 PM
    After a week, notification - both sound and LED turn off after a few hours - usually after opening up the Camera App. VERY frustrating - love the device will switch by end of week if there is no patch.
    02-12-13 03:30 PM
    It's nothing to do with the camera on my end. I swapped batteries at 4 PM. Verified that notifications were on and set to "Normal". Sent myself a test email, BBM and phone call. All came through with audible notifications. Have not used the camera, or any other apps for that matter (except for CrackBerry10) and now, 1 hour later the sound is gone. Profile still set to "Normal". Volume on the device is max. Everything says it should be working. The one thing I did do, was connect to my blue tooth hands free kit (Jabra) for the drive home and disconnected when I got out of my vehicle.

02-12-13 06:20 PM
    I had my unit lock up after I took a call on my blue tooth on my garmin. Z10 kept vibrating and had to do a battery pull to stop it. After that, was not able to BBM for another hour after that till I did another battery pull
    02-12-13 06:55 PM
    Seems Bluetooth may be the culprit?
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    02-13-13 02:01 AM
    I think it has something to do with routing the audio to external speakers/earphones. I am having intermittant issues while I have my earphones plugged in and music playing. sometimes my notifications don't sound at all, or it does, but it is real quiet and cannot be heard over my music playing. stop playing music and take out the earphones and everything is normal.

I was told by someone on blackberry support forums to contact my carrier so they could open a blackberry support ticket.
    02-13-13 03:52 AM
    I have not used my bluetooth all morning and notifications have been working fine. This is the longest period of time I have experienced with no issues. I think it is more likely that it has to do with audio routing than bluetooth radio though as I think it also occurs after using voice control which uses the external speaker. I will test the audio control involvement later today.

02-13-13 12:58 PM
    Just to chime in, also having this problem... and almost 99% sure it is caused by connecting and disconnecting to a bluetooth device.

Phone works flawlessly all day, get into and out of the car... and all notifications cease until the phone is reset.

Have been in and out of the house all day thus in and out of the car, and its the same case everytime.

Not really sure how BB could have let THAT one slip in their QA department...
    02-13-13 04:31 PM
    I agree....this is officially a BUG!

I have been having the same problem today, and I am using BT a lot...from Bridge to Audio in my truck.

BB needs a fix to this ASAP, since I'm sure people are missing call after call because of it.
    02-13-13 04:34 PM
    I had this issue and haven't even touched blue tooth yet

02-13-13 04:35 PM
    I wonder if some of the confusion is coming from the settings layout.

When I look for instance... Bluetooth is BLUE

Wifi is BLUE

Alarm is BLUE

meaning they are all active...

However Notifications should be white, because the icon actually has a cross through it (disable)

Seems like they need to re-work that part of the interface, if you ask me notifications should be BLUE to show them active as well.

Just my 2cents.

Still doesn't explain why the notifications are turned off after disconnecting from a bluetooth device
    02-13-13 04:47 PM
    Just to chime in, also having this problem... and almost 99% sure it is caused by connecting and disconnecting to a bluetooth device.

Phone works flawlessly all day, get into and out of the car... and all notifications cease until the phone is reset.

Have been in and out of the house all day thus in and out of the car, and its the same case everytime.

Not really sure how BB could have let THAT one slip in their QA department...
    I was just in two other forums talking about this and in the back of my mind, i kept thinking that this may be related to blue tooth. it mainly happens when i exit my car (and i'm always on the phone in my car). I've actually turned my blue tooth off for the evening to see if it keeps happening.

I think that you and others are on to something.
    02-13-13 05:53 PM
    I was just in two other forums talking about this and in the back of my mind, i kept thinking that this may be related to blue tooth. it mainly happens when i exit my car (and i'm always on the phone in my car). I've actually turned my blue tooth off for the evening to see if it keeps happening.

I think that you and others are on to something.

Indeed, I will do another test tonight when I head into work.... It will be pretty easy to see!

Get into car... bluetooth automatically connects... get out of car and head into work... send myself a few emails to confirm.

If anyone has a bluetooth hub on their pc, it should be even easier to check (although it might need a bluetooth device with audio capability, not just the connection itself)

The only reason I noticed it happening at first, was when I glanced over and happened to see an incoming call.... no sound, no vibration!

Still dumbfounded that this slipped through Quality Assurance ...
    02-13-13 06:02 PM
    Very frustrating, comes back when device rebooted. This is the reason people buy BB's, because of the notifications and to let this slip is terrible.
    02-14-13 05:50 AM
    Very frustrating, comes back when device rebooted. This is the reason people buy BB's, because of the notifications and to let this slip is terrible.
    well, sound profile/notification profile management is gone comparing it to "bold", so I guess, the next bold move is to have no notifications welcome back to the future....some sort of...
    02-14-13 06:20 AM
    Well, now I just don't know what the heck is going on.

Did the normal bluetooth while driving, and just came inside... everything is working fine.

02-14-13 06:57 AM
    Quick one for everyone having problems... what carrier and what OS are you running?

I didn't do any updates right away when I got the phone (Monday, Rogers) and did discover there was an update waiting the other day.

Can't quite remember if I did the update before/after I had the problems... so that might have had a fix in it?

Now running 10.0.9.348
    02-14-13 07:33 AM
    Quick one for everyone having problems... what carrier and what OS are you running?

I didn't do any updates right away when I got the phone (Monday, Rogers) and did discover there was an update waiting the other day.

Can't quite remember if I did the update before/after I had the problems... so that might have had a fix in it?

Now running 10.0.9.348
    I'm on Telus and running the same build as you are. When I purchased the phone last week I was presented with a small update also (3mb) small. That update was just a carrier application.

I will say I've gone over 12 hours with my blue tooth off and my phone is working flawlessly. If it is a simple blue tooth software bug, I have no problem using my speaker phone until it gets resolved.

02-14-13 08:21 AM
    Does anyone have the problem where they do not get an audible tone when they are on a call. On my 9800 I would get a beep when I was on a call indicating that I had a BBM, text or email. There is also no option to Notify while on a call.
    02-14-13 11:14 AM
    Yesterday I left the jabra bluetooth speakerphone in my truck off all day. Notifications worked fine.

This morning I turned on the bluetooth. I have been in and out of my truck twice and now the notifications are gone.

I am going to reboot and test for the rest of the day but turn off the bluetooth device before exiting my truck each time. I kinda wonder if this has something to do with the bluetooth connection not being terminated cleanly when I just walk out of range of the bluetooth vs. actually cutting the connection by turning off the speakerphone.

02-14-13 11:36 AM
    I started a post about this as well. Sorry didn't find this post when I went searching for answers.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7985771

I believe I have fixed it with a hard reset (a normal restart did not fix the problem). Time will tell. I also use a Bluetooth device in my vehicle that might have something to do with the glitch. I'll test it out later today and let you know if the problem comes up again.

Brian
    02-14-13 11:40 AM
    Well, now I just don't know what the heck is going on.

Did the normal bluetooth while driving, and just came inside... everything is working fine.

Did you happen to make or receive calls while you were in your car?
    I noticed that I really only have a problem if I take or make a call, which as mentioned is every time I'm in the car. So far today I'm sitting here in my office with blue tooth off in an out of everything on the phone and it's working like a champ! I'm leaning towards the problem being if the sound actually gets mapped to a different source.

02-14-13 11:59 AM
    Even when I disconnect manually before exiting my truck, I still lose all notifications after being connected to my bluetooth.

02-14-13 02:17 PM
77 123 ...