I did a bit of searching and I couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for.

Had my Z10 for about 2 weeks now and one thing that is bugging me is the lack of custom notification profiles (I had a work profile with normal rings set to quieter when I was in the office, and then my normal "Loud" profile on my 9810).

The other thing that's bugging me a bit is that all my text messages come in with the same tone, even though I have a few contact set up for a custom "Messages" tone.

I've looked through a bunch of setting and what not but I can't find anything, am I missing something?
    04-01-13 06:53 PM
    Currently unable to customize profile notifications.... Hopefully should be changed in the near future to allow this type of customization...
    04-01-13 07:03 PM
    the custom "messages" tone for individual contacts is for emails, not text mesages. as for different profiles try hub++ in blackberry world.
    04-01-13 07:39 PM
    the custom "messages" tone for individual contacts is for emails, not text mesages. as for different profiles try hub++ in blackberry world.
    Sorry, but this is wrong. If you go into the individual contact in your Contacts app, you can set custom Phone and Text Message Ringers. I know some have had issues getting this to work, but if you search in the forums you should find some threads with possible solutions. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that any .mid (midi) files, will not work for any notification sounds. Other than that, I have about 6 or 7 contacts with custom phone and text ringers so I know it does work.
    04-01-13 07:45 PM
    is there a shortcut for this? I like to keep my phone on silent while at work, and turn notifications on when I'm done. It's a pain in the *** to go into settings every time to change it?
    04-01-13 07:46 PM
    I did a bit of searching and I couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for.

Had my Z10 for about 2 weeks now and one thing that is bugging me is the lack of custom notification profiles (I had a work profile with normal rings set to quieter when I was in the office, and then my normal "Loud" profile on my 9810).

The other thing that's bugging me a bit is that all my text messages come in with the same tone, even though I have a few contact set up for a custom "Messages" tone.

I've looked through a bunch of setting and what not but I can't find anything, am I missing something?
    As for the work and normal profiles, all I can suggest is to adjust the volume of the "normal" profile to a quiter, lower volume while at work and then turning it back up to full or higher while not at work. Not an ideal solution, more of a work around, but until its addressed in a future update, I *believe* I've read that this will be addressed in a future update, this is the best I can offer. As mentioned, you can try HUB++ in BlackBerry World, though I have heard/read mixed reviews on it.
    04-01-13 07:48 PM
    is there a shortcut for this? I like to keep my phone on silent while at work, and turn notifications on when I'm done. It's a pain in the *** to go into settings every time to change it?
    Swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up the short menu, then I believe that by tapping the Notification Icon, not the word, it will activate the Silent profile I believe. I have also read that doing this will instead activate the last used profile, but every time I do this, it is Silent profile that gets activated.
    04-01-13 07:51 PM
    I can't seem to make my text's personalization work either??
    04-01-13 08:00 PM
    Let's just hope the update comes very soon. BBRY do you hear this. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:17 PM
    I have searched this forum and I couldn't find the work around mentioned above.

I have tones that I used on my 9800, they will work as ringtones. So they are good,working tones. But I can't set them up as message notification. What I have read is that message notification is for email. Can't confirm this.
    04-01-13 08:21 PM
    Sorry, but this is wrong. If you go into the individual contact in your Contacts app, you can set custom Phone and Text Message Ringers. I know some have had issues getting this to work, but if you search in the forums you should find some threads with possible solutions. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that any .mid (midi) files, will not work for any notification sounds. Other than that, I have about 6 or 7 contacts with custom phone and text ringers so I know it does work.
    I, too, have tried it and I only get the custom message tone when that contact sends an email, not text. any text from that contact gets the default text tone.

edit: all my tones are mp3. and I know for a fact it doesn't work for me because these notifications are set for my gf's contact. I text back and forth with her daily. only when I get an email from her do I hear the custom tone.
    04-02-13 01:23 AM
    By tapping the Notifications Icon from the pull down menu, you can change between Normal Profile and another profile (mode) selected in the System Settings/Notifications screen. For example, if you select Vibrate Only from the pull down menu of the Mode button in the Notifications screen, as I did, then you can ( as I do everyday ) switch between Vibrate Only and Normal by simply tapping the Notifications Icon from the pull down menu in the Main screen. I don't have to reopen Settings every time I want to change between the two profiles. But it's limited to these two options. It's crazy.

I hope this behavior gets corrected soon...
    04-26-13 12:18 AM