Hi. I noticed that Android apps on Blackberry is a littke bit sluggish (though it's almost not that easy to notice). I just want to know if there are anyone here who are not using any android apps because they are satisfied with the native BB10 apps. Or if you are using, what selected apps/games you install. Thanks.

Posted via skinned Z10 STL100-2/ 10.2.1.2102 my DadaBerry
    03-20-14 10:37 PM
    The only reason why many of us use Android sideloads is because the app isn't available natively.

E.g. Instagram was used via Android for a long time but then iGrann came along. That being said, many prefer the android version because a) it's official b) it has all the up to date features.
    dragon77 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:40 PM
    But how about you? Me i have both, but I think I am loving iGrann even more. :')

03-20-14 10:41 PM
    I am not really using any Android stuff.
    For example , I really wanted Shazam, but I find Soundhound good enough.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 10:42 PM
    I am not really using any Android stuff.
    For example , I really wanted Shazam, but I find Soundhound good enough.

Posted via CB10
    Even instagram? You're not using?

03-20-14 10:44 PM
    the only Android app i have is Tango. Other wise, I am very happy with the native app selection.
    03-20-14 10:57 PM
    Fitbit, NetFlix and Toyota's Entune are my only Android apps. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with native apps. And I'll choose a built for BlackBerry App every time.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    03-20-14 11:01 PM
    The only reason why many of us use Android sideloads is because the app isn't available natively.

E.g. Instagram was used via Android for a long time but then iGrann came along. That being said, many prefer the android version because a) it's official b) it has all the up to date features.
    Yes

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    03-21-14 12:17 AM

C) and it loads faster

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228 "The iPhone Nemesis"
    03-21-14 12:23 AM
    I use android apps for things that are not available otherwise. It's as simple as that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 12:23 AM
    Citibank, Directv, my local news channel, my church, several insurance companies ( I sell insurance and nobody makes mobile quote software for BlackBerry anymore), hbo go, and netflix. I've tried others such as groupon and my local newspaper but they just didn't work. I would much rather use a native app, but in some cases it's better to have a laggy android app than to go without.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:31 AM
    I only use android if there is no native version available and the website isn't good enough.
    03-21-14 12:47 AM
    Nope. Zilch. Zero. I've made it from the legacy devices starting with the 7100 through the 9930 and then a Z10, Q10, and Z30 without them.

It's individual choice, I simply have no reason to download a single Android app. I choose BlackBerry to communicate. They've got the only apps I need: CB10, Facebook, Team Stream, CBS Sports, and Box.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    nobbynobrains and jacknewp like this.
    03-21-14 01:23 AM
    I'm using a lot of apps that I have downloaded from Snap:

Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Highveld, Shazam, Superbru, Google Translate, Cradlestone Mall, Clearwater Mall and Word Search

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:33 AM
    I just took a look at all my apps and realised I only use one Android app - PayPal. Come to think about it, even there I use the browser for PayPal most of the time. I have hundreds of BlackBerry 10 apps on my device that work for me.

I downloaded a pile of Android apps once I has 10.2.1 but didn't find anything of any great use or interest. Off they came, including Instagram which just isn't for me. The only time I'm reminded about Android is when it's brought up in the forums or somebody from the Crackberry team talks about their desire for Google services. I immediately think why? For me at least I don't need anything associated with Google or Android for that matter.
    03-21-14 01:35 AM
    None here. I didn't change from android to BlackBerry so that I could use android apps. I'm loving BlackBerry, don't miss android at all! :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:41 AM
    I have a bunch of the Android apps I have on my Nexus 5 downloaded on my Z10 and after reading this discussion, I've realized I only use about 5 of them: banking apps, PayPal, and Huffington Post.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:32 AM
    I have Snap installed, but each and every Android app I have installed to date has been subsequently uninstalled. I feel uncomfortable with the permissions situation and after a period of time I realize that I just don't "need" any of these apps.
    03-21-14 09:50 AM
    I use UberSocial, Word with Friends, Shazam, Starbucks, and Progressive. These apps aren't available on bb10. I had UberSocial and Shazam on my 9900 and I wanted to continue to use them so I got them via Android. Starbucks discontinued their support on bb so I got the android port as I use it all the time. Progressive was never an option but that's the car insurance I have so that's why I have the apps and WWF I play all the time on my tablet so I wanted it on my phone since FightinWords isn't available for BB10.
    03-21-14 12:40 PM
    I use my bank's application because their site is trash without a mouse and keyboard interface. I use other productivity applications because even years ago, nobody supported BlackBerry phones out of sheer irony. A person smart enough to use a BlackBerry was smart enough to avail one's self of whatever tools or software one needed to accomplish necessary tasks, even if there weren't "apps" for the phone.
    03-21-14 02:24 PM
    I use UberSocial, Word with Friends, Shazam, Starbucks, and Progressive. These apps aren't available on bb10. I had UberSocial and Shazam on my 9900 and I wanted to continue to use them so I got them via Android. Starbucks discontinued their support on bb so I got the android port as I use it all the time. Progressive was never an option but that's the car insurance I have so that's why I have the apps and WWF I play all the time on my tablet so I wanted it on my phone since FightinWords isn't available for BB10.
    I also have Ubersocial and used it often even with it's bugs but after jan. of this year it stopped working for some reason meaning it will no longer refresh after jan. 17th and gives me a 404 error banner at the top of the app....i'm currently getting used to Neatly though so i may just delete ubersocial all together since it doesn't look like it will get fixed...

Also, i plan on installing some android emulators to play some old school games since none of the native ones appeal to me all that much.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:34 PM
    I also have Ubersocial and used it often even with it's bugs but after jan. of this year it stopped working for some reason meaning it will no longer refresh after jan. 17th and gives me a 404 error banner at the top of the app....i'm currently getting used to Neatly though so i may just delete ubersocial all together since it doesn't look like it will get fixed...

Also, i plan on installing some android emulators to play some old school games since none of the native ones appeal to me all that much.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any issue with ubersocial at all. have you tried reinstalling it?
    03-21-14 03:09 PM
    I don't have any issue with ubersocial at all. have you tried reinstalling it?
    No i have not, i assumed they did some kind of update which made the version i have obsolete. In fact, i haven't opened it for over a month and just now wondered if the problem would be resolved with the 2.1 update and when i tried to open it i get nothing but black. It actually looks as if the phone is shut off except i can minimize it...i guess it's useless now...when i have some time maybe I'll dig around for an updated version of it that works with os 2.1... what i mainly liked about it was the circle of friends option it had as well as opening web pages within the app instead of kicking you out to the browser, but since then Neatly has incorporated those features so i may just skip ubersocial since it isn't native.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:27 PM
    Yep that's why i use it but I do miss the keyboard shortcuts that we had on the bbos version. I do sometimes get that black screen before it shows up, you just have to be patient sometimes. That happens with the android apps I've noticed.
    03-21-14 03:52 PM
    Yep that's why i use it but I do miss the keyboard shortcuts that we had on the bbos version. I do sometimes get that black screen before it shows up, you just have to be patient sometimes. That happens with the android apps I've noticed.
    I never got the black screen before the 2.1 update. That's pretty much the only android sideload i have...the other thing i miss is changing the theme color...i tried reaching out to them about the error and all i got was "ubersocial is not compatible for BlackBerry." which is technically true but they were very vague about it and seemed like they were telling me to go screw myself.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 04:19 PM
28 12