Stopped by our local Best Buy this morning to have a look at the Z10. None were on display and the rep needed to find a manager to see if they had any. After getting the manager to unlock them from storage the rep asked if I wanted to do an upgrade today. I told her I was interested in the Z10 but wanted a chance to see one and try the OS. She said I was welcome to hold one but that since they had none on display it wouldn't be functional. So, after "holding" a Z10 I left asking if they planned to ever have any on display. She said she didn't know. There had been no "launch" of the device..."but then there are so many phones these days"...and she wasn't sure if the "vendor" would be buy at some point to put some out on display.

WOW. How can a new phone survive...no less one that was previously reported near death....if they aren't out on display...charged and ready....with knowledgeable staff? Only 1 data point for sure....and heaven knows Best Buy itself is struggling.

Now I'm more curious than ever to stop by Verizon on the 28th and see if they know any more about the Z10. I'm still interested but golly...this isn't a good start.

FloridaRandy
    Sarasota, Florida
    03-26-13 10:44 AM
    It will be Ok man, the us is only 10% of the smartphone market and shrinking as more emerging markets grow. Put it this way, BlackBerry will sell more blackberries in the us this year than they did last year which means growth. They will sell even more in markets where they are popular like Canada, UK, Europe, middle east, South East Asia and Latin America

Posted via CB10
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    03-26-13 10:49 AM
    The usa is very incompetent when it comes to blackberry devices. Frankly I am very surprised by this.

Posted via CB10
    joski likes this.
    03-26-13 10:51 AM
    Mars is not aligned with Uranus!

This is not a good sign for z10 sales!

Posted via CB10
    BThunderW, TgeekB, ErinnM and 2 others like this.
    03-26-13 11:01 AM
    My Best Buy has the dummy phone on display, but it is there. It was next the Samsung phones. Didn't bother to ask if they have one I can play with which ended me up in AT&T.
    03-26-13 11:21 AM
    03-26-13 11:27 AM
    Antidotal stories are great...it is the aggregate that counts... human nature is to post the negative and ignore the positive.... As there are no hard numbers to support either position all the threads of doom and gloom or sunshine are meaningless.... I believe the phone will do exceptionally well for one simple reason... word of mouth.... seems when people see and play with the devices... they sell themselves.....
    03-26-13 11:42 AM
    It's the U.S.A - did you really expect any kind of intelligence at the in-store level? Especially from Big Box stores?

Fortunately that country isn't make-or-break for BB due to emerging markets, and frankly since the Z10 doesn't cook your steak, feed it to you, get you a job and stop the downward slide of the economy it probably won't be well received in the good ol' U.S.A.

10-1 bet they had every Samsung on display as well as an iPhone. That's just the status quo, you shouldn't be shocked. I can't turn on a TV or walk past a bus/bus stop/billboard/taxicab here in Toronto without seeing Z10 advertising. I haven't seen one advertisement on a U.S channel from a carrier. Please ignore my lack of shock.

-Chris-
    03-26-13 11:49 AM
    Same thing at my store here in Toronto. We have a dummy model of a white and a black z10. but luckily I received mine day of release and Ive been using it since. its kind of a bummer to have others groping my phone but its a great way to show them how it works. lol...groping.. ha ha ha ha

My Best Buy has the dummy phone on display, but it is there. It was next the Samsung phones. Didn't bother to ask if they have one I can play with which ended me up in AT&T.
    03-26-13 11:58 AM
    Same thing at my store here in Toronto. We have a dummy model of a white and a black z10. but luckily I received mine day of release and Ive been using it since. its kind of a bummer to have others groping my phone but its a great way to show them how it works. lol...groping.. ha ha ha ha
    How have the sales been at your store if you don't mind me asking
    03-26-13 12:02 PM
    Stopped at best buy by me. Sales team said they dont have them not even display model and wouldnt expect them till late April. I just gave them a real long huh face
    03-26-13 12:07 PM
    It is mainly because the suits don't walk into stores and play with a phone for 2 hours and then leave.. Kids and teens do that, and it looks like big stores still think BB is only for suits.. So they figure suit will walk, buy, and leave.. whereas a kid will come in play with iphone, play with samsung, play with this and that, go back and ask his friends which one is cooler, etc..etc.. Sadly stores do not realize new BB is for everyone!
    03-26-13 12:14 PM
    Seems to be pretty typical in Best Buy. Day before ATT launch I went into a local Best buy and there was no evidence that the Z10 even existed.
    03-26-13 12:22 PM
    My Best Buy had two dummy models. No signs no demo nobody approached me even after I was showing interest in the dummy model.

I think I may stop back and school the employees. I love doing that from time to time.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-26-13 12:31 PM
    The Best Buy near me doesn't have any functional phones on display - they're all dummy phones. So, at one store anyway, what the OP experienced is par for the course. I hate Best Buy...
    03-26-13 12:34 PM
    The Best Buy near me doesn't have any functional phones on display - they're all dummy phones. So, at one store anyway, what the OP experienced is par for the course. I hate Best Buy...
    Ha yeah mine only had an iPhone on display to be used. Otherwise they were all dummies.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-26-13 02:07 PM
    It will be Ok man, the us is only 10% of the smartphone market and shrinking as more emerging markets grow. Put it this way, BlackBerry will sell more blackberries in the us this year than they did last year which means growth. They will sell even more in markets where they are popular like Canada, UK, Europe, middle east, South East Asia and Latin America

Posted via CB10
    I like what you said

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    03-26-13 04:58 PM
    Same in AL. I went to a Bestbuy today looking for the Z10. It took me a while to find it. the Z10 was a dummy unit... no additional signage. It was in the middle of a bunch of droids...
    03-26-13 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD