Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry Z10

Not getting varification text from sites

Asked: Mar 28 2021 | 1:06 pm EDT 1785 Views 10 Answers

Have a BB Z10. I do not have a data plan. Just talk and text. when I sign up for anything on the internet and they want to send me a verification code it will not come through. Do I have a setting that is wrong.

More Answers

Mar 28 2021 | 2:42 pm EDT conite

Have a BB Z10. I do not have a data plan. Just talk and text. when I sign up for anything on the internet and they want to send me a verification code it will not come through. Do I have a setting that is wrong.
Can you send and receive sms with other people?

May 24 2023 | 3:38 pm EDT Scarby69

yes i can but only those in my contact list

May 24 2023 | 4:20 pm EDT Scarby69

I can send a text to anyone but can only receive text from someone in my contact list

May 24 2023 | 6:02 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

I can send a text to anyone but can only receive text from someone in my contact list
@conite will get back to you in 2 years since he’s forgotten the question by now.

May 24 2023 | 6:15 pm EDT conite

The only mechanism in BB10 that can restrict incoming SMS messages is the "reject anonymous messages" toggle on the Hub Settings / Text Messages screen.

Apart from that, do you have any other apps like Power Tools running?

May 24 2023 | 6:15 pm EDT conite

@conite will get back to you in 2 years since he’s forgotten the question by now.
Gearing up for another 2 years...

May 24 2023 | 7:33 pm EDT Scarby69

Tried changing that setting on and off and still will not get a verification code text from google. Google has my correct # because if i put my sim card in my LG phone i will get googles code. I do like the z10 better

May 24 2023 | 9:04 pm EDT conite

Tried changing that setting on and off and still will not get a verification code text from google. Google has my correct # because if i put my sim card in my LG phone i will get googles code. I do like the z10 better
Like I said, unless you have a call-blocking app installed, there is nothing else you can do apart from running an autoloader to wipe and start fresh.

May 24 2023 | 9:19 pm EDT Paul Reichert

Bit of a long shot, but it might not be that. A similar thing happened to me: my bank always sent me codes so I could log in to my account. A few months ago the sms's failed to show up.

My phone # was a voip account ie app-based not SIM card based. I phoned the bank, changed the phone number to my new cell number and I began getting the verification codes again. So it was just the type of phone number and perhaps the case for you is similar.

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome but no hurry.