Currently posting this from my key 2

I can safely say I that the z10 was the best blackberry I have ever used.

All time favourite had to be the blackberry bold 9900

However the os10 was amazing

I wish blackberry kept it going because it was absolutely fantastic

The only downside was lack of apps etc

Nevertheless it was fit for purpose and would probably be fit for purpose today as I am a business person

The hub was amazing and other apps I use a lot is youtube and what's app

The keyboard was VERY good with the swiping up gesture.

Os10 was definitely more fluid than android oreo currently on my key2

Sadly since android have wrecked the hub on The key2, I wish os10 was still at large today

Blackberry should have kept their own Os alive and pushed more apps in their apps store

Sadly it an absolute monopoly with apple and android which forced os10 out the picture

Os10 was going places; competition and threat always gets stomped out by the big players.
    04-13-19 05:10 PM
    Sadly it an absolute monopoly with apple and android which forced os10 out the picture
    The failure of BB10 has been discussed ad nauseum. I'd just like to point out that two players make a duopoly.
    04-13-19 05:34 PM
    The failure of BB10 has been discussed ad nauseum. I'd just like to point out that two players make a duopoly.

You get the picture
    04-13-19 06:31 PM
    You get the picture
    The resources required by all of the independent developers and hardware manufacturers preclude the ability to support yet another ecosystem. They are already reaching everyone, so there is no need to pump billions into another project.
    04-13-19 06:50 PM
    The resources required by all of the independent developers and hardware manufacturers preclude the ability to support yet another ecosystem. They are already reaching everyone, so there is no need to pump billions into another project.
    Totally understand

But it's no longer a blackberry

It's just an android with a keyboard in my eyes
    04-13-19 08:14 PM

Apart from the extra security, you are 100% correct.

But the alternative was nothing at all.
    04-13-19 08:27 PM
    Totally understand

For me, even BB10 resembled Android just without the apps. BBOS was good at time and BB10 was let down. Also, BB10 lacked in apps compared to BBOS at time.
    04-14-19 06:44 AM
    For me, even BB10 resembled Android just without the apps. BBOS was good at time and BB10 was let down. Also, BB10 lacked in apps compared to BBOS at time.
    I consider BB10 a polished improvement over iOS and Android. It solved fundamental UX issues that still persist in the Big Two. BB10 could never have taken off like Android though, because it's locked just to BBRY devices, so it can't even compete for market share. iOS is in its own world because Apple markets status, and sells to an existing loyal (trapped?) user base.
    04-14-19 09:38 AM
    exactly. the fluidity of os10 is unmatched

the hub was fantastic.
    04-14-19 10:42 AM
    I consider BB10 a polished improvement over iOS and Android. It solved fundamental UX issues that still persist in the Big Two. BB10 could never have taken off like Android though, because it's locked just to BBRY devices, so it can't even compete for market share. iOS is in its own world because Apple markets status, and sells to an existing loyal (trapped?) user base.
    This is exactly why BB10 failed. It was just never economically viable.
    04-14-19 12:31 PM
    This is exactly why BB10 failed. It was just never economically viable.
    BlackBerry was no "David", and the two "Goliath's" had five years to build and fortify their position and to build support.

In the end... I expect even if BB10 had launched in 2010, BlackBerry would have never been able to compete.

Those that enter an established market, they have to buy marketshare...(OnePlus, Kia,....) BlackBerry didn't have the reserves to allow them to do that. They couldn't beat Android OEMs on price or on features.
    04-15-19 08:22 AM
    It was, and they tried.
    If they had released it in early 2009 they would have had a fighting chance, but alas ...

Blackberry should have kept their own Os alive and pushed more apps in their apps store
    They tried. Really they did.
    04-15-19 10:18 AM
    trapped is right... im so sick of ios and android. There is nothing else...
    04-15-19 04:59 PM
    trapped is right... im so sick of ios and android. There is nothing else...
    Agree

I would love os10 but sadly it's coming to an end. Really sucks
    04-16-19 04:34 PM
    Agree

I suspect there will be many attempts to keep going with it well beyond the current predicted end.
    04-16-19 07:25 PM
    I suspect there will be many attempts to keep going with it well beyond the current predicted end.
    Sure will be lol

Might have to get a z10 in for nostalgia lol
    04-16-19 07:46 PM
    Totally understand

I'm actually ok with this. I loved BB10 for what it was but in 2019, I could not function without Google Services (put on your foil hats, kiddies!).

Yes, I know that there were workarounds for getting Google Services to work on BB10 and I did them with all my devices. But there's something to be said about doing the things you want to do out-of-the-box sans hacks.

I envy those who's mobile needs can be 100% met with BB10. If only the rest of the consumer market were that way as well.
    04-16-19 07:53 PM
    Not always the better one won the race
    - Mac OSes vs DOS/ Windows since 30yrs
    - Word Perfect vs MS Word
    - Lotus Notes vs Outlook
    - Windows 10 Mobile vs Android

Outside PCs
    - Methanol vs Gasoline
    - laser disk or Video2000 vs VHS
    - whoever vs D. Trump
    Ect.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    07-21-19 11:17 AM
    Agree

Hey doit,

Just as a side note....nothing about BB10 is coming to an end other than Blackberry World. Feel free to jump in at your discretion...the water's fine.
    07-25-19 12:03 AM
    Currently posting this from my key 2

I can safely say I that the z10 was the best blackberry I have ever used.

All time favourite had to be the blackberry bold 9900

However the os10 was amazing

The only downside was lack of apps etc

Nevertheless it was fit for purpose and would probably be fit for purpose today as I am a business person

The hub was amazing and other apps I use a lot is youtube and what's app

The keyboard was VERY good with the swiping up gesture.

Os10 was definitely more fluid than android oreo currently on my key2

Sadly since android have wrecked the hub on The key2, I wish os10 was still at large today

Os10 was going places; competition and threat always gets stomped out by the big players.
    I agree completely, which is why my Z10 is still my daily driver, even though I own a KEYone. Other than the battery life and the fact that any minor crack in the screen requires a replacement, I have no complaints about the phone. It's still "fit for purpose" for me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-25-19 09:17 AM
    I went SIM card less for the longest time but recently got one. The Z10's antenna was not compatible so I'm using my Classic as a phone. Still love my Z10 though.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-19 04:41 AM
    I went SIM card less for the longest time but recently got one. The Z10's antenna was not compatible so I'm using my Classic as a phone. Still love my Z10 though.

Posted via CB10
    I may end up going SIM-less at some point, possibly for all my smart phones, in fact. Maybe keep an anonymous T-Mobile prepaid Android burner for emergency data.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-03-19 09:49 AM
    My Z10 was 4 years of flawless reliable communication, until it suddenly went dead. I really should try to get it going again. Best phone I ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-19 08:20 PM