Hi, I just got my Z10.

I previously used a nokia 5800 and am scratching my head at some issues. Can you help out with some of my questions?

How does one export contacts over from a 5800 to a z10?
    Alternatively, if I was to save it all in the sim card, can I move it over? Bluetooth maybe?

Is there anyway to select which kind of notifications you get from apps? Example only messages from FB, not every single update. (and other apps)

Is there a way to sync the calendar with google calendar? I cant seem to find a settings option for it...

Thanks!!!
    04-27-13 09:57 AM
    I did it with bluetooth. Select all contacts on your nokia and send as business card using bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    Zavia likes this.
    04-27-13 12:26 PM
    Thanks. Will report if it works!
    04-28-13 05:18 AM
    Seems to be snyncing well, from both sim and phone. Thanks

Is there anyway to select which kind of notifications you get from apps? Example only messages from FB, not every single update. (and other apps)
    04-28-13 09:30 AM
    Seems to be snyncing well, from both sim and phone. Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly but you can manage your notifications in Settings -> Notifications

Alternatively, you can manage which apps you see in the BlackBerry Hub by Going into the Hub (all the way to the main Hub page) and tapping Overflow (the three dots at the bottom right) -> Settings -> Hub Management

Hope that helps and enjoy your Z10! I think you'll find that the current BlackBerry has allot of the same innovative spirit that Nokia once had before they switched to Windows Phone. I always recommend BlackBerry or a Nexus device to former Symbian and MeeGo users because iOS and Windows Phone are just to restrictive for the average Nokian used to the freedom of Symbian. CrackBerry is a fantastic resource and the CB10 app is outstanding. Welcome to the family.
    04-28-13 11:09 AM
    Calendar Sync is a matter of adding the gmail address to the device. It will sync contacts and calendars.

I acctually suggest you use gmail (or outlook.com) to manage your contacts. This way, no matter the SIM/phone, you're contact base will always be availale and backedup.
    04-28-13 11:21 AM