My GPS (Maps) on my Z10 works very well but I cannot get any voice prompts. I checked the settings and under "Navigation Audio" and "Voice Guidance" is selected. I used it yesterday on a 45 min drive and heard a voice only once and even then it was only a partial instruction (cut off mid word).

Am I missing something?
    05-07-13 02:18 PM
    I am having the same issue when I have my Z10 paired with the Bluetooth in my car. I am running 10.1.0.2019. I experienced the same issue with my Torch and Blackberry Traffic but there was a setting to allow the GPS to come through the phone speaker while the phone was paired with the car.
    Would love that with my Z10
    HELP!!!
    08-18-13 07:23 PM
    This is common when blue tooth is enabled the only solution I've found is to use the music function on the phone and the guidance voice goes over the music or to turn blue tooth off.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 08:45 PM
    OK! I have found (at least for me) a work around. I drive a 2013 Toyota and the Z10 when attached to the Bluetooth is using both the phone and audio connection (the car shows as Car Multimedia under Devices ) as a result the audio from BlackBerry Maps is attempting to play through the car’s audio system but because I am listening to the radio the radio is what I hear. I do not see a way to separate the feeds from the Z10 side of the equation so what I tried this morning and it worked was the following. I changed the Bluetooth audio source to my iPad, and then went back to the radio. This caused the audio for Maps to come through the speaker on the phone (because the iPad is the feed source even thou it is not playing) and still allows me to use the Bluetooth for the phone and Voice Control. Not elegant but effective (at least for me).
    Hope this helps someone.
    08-19-13 09:57 AM
    Thanks for posting the solution you found.

I want to be sure I understand what you described above.

You connected your Z10 to your car system via bluetooth, and this allows the car systems to display phone info on the car's display screen as well as to use audio from the phone as the source for the car's audio system and speakers.

Then, instead of listening to audio from the phone, you set your car's audio system to play music from a different source, namely the car's radio tuner. The Z10 thinks it is still sending audio to the car because the bluetooth audio connection is still active, even though the car's audio system isn't using the audio output from the phone. When you set the car's bluetooth audio input to the another BT source such as the ipad, the Z10 recognizes the BT audio connection has been terminated and resumes playing its own audio output (i.e., the Maps voice guidance) thru the phone's own speaker.

Good workaround.

1. Too bad the Z10 can't detect when the car's audio system isn't using the phone's BT audio output as the car's audio source.

2. Too bad the car system doesn't disconnect the BT audio connection when the user selects a different audio source for the car (such as am/fm radio, cd, dvd, satellite radio, etc), but only when a different BT audio connection is made.

It seems to me the software engineers should be able to fix either or both of these limitations. But in the meantime, it's good we have a relatively easy workaround.
    08-19-13 11:56 AM
    Patrick, you have read it correctly. I agree that it is sad the engineers did not deal with this as there was a setting on my Torch which overcame this issue.
    08-19-13 01:05 PM
    Well if the Torch could do it, then the BlackBerry software engineers should be able to fix this. Hopefully they are reading these posts diligently over there in Waterloo...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:45 PM
    Solution: go to Setting - Bluetooth - Tap the Found Device say Kia Motor Bluetooth - Click right hand side Details Showing us Four Vertical Lines - Then switch off the Audio Streaming........
    Last edited by Sunny Jeng; 08-12-14 at 06:34 AM.
    08-12-14 06:22 AM