It's almost the new year and still no 10.2 update.

Do they think this will force people to but the Z30?

I may. When it's a penny.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:53 PM
    You know vzw is slow, so is bb for that matter. Has there been any official releases of it on other carriers? Too bad bb and vzw had such a horrible start to bb10. Rebooting and all that crap.
    12-17-13 12:57 PM
    Everyone knows Verizon 's track number by now. They are first to take your money and last to release updates. Especially where BlackBerry is concerned

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    12-17-13 12:57 PM
    Everyone knows Verizon 's track number by now. They are first to take your money and last to release updates. Especially where BlackBerry is concerned

Posted via CB10
    This has little or nothing to do with any view by Verizon of Blackberry. You should see the ranting over the years about slow updates in the HTC Android forums for instance. This is a Verizon Wireless issue.
    kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    12-17-13 12:59 PM
    It's almost the new year and still no 10.2 update.

Do they think this will force people to but the Z30?

I may. When it's a penny.

I thought you got rid of your Blackberry months ago.

Neither AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint offer an official 10.2 release for the Z10/Q10 either.

Blame America.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-17-13 01:02 PM
    So how often has Verizon pushed out updates for the HTC One?

Big Carriers are notoriously slow about pushing out updates and sometimes deciding not to do it at all. The older a device gets the less likely they will bother with even testing an update. Which is one reason I don't like the whole updates via carrier process. A year from now when 10.4 is release, do you think Verizon and AT&T will bother with the Z10 that will be a EOL device by then?
    12-17-13 01:03 PM

Neither AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint offer an official 10.2 release for the Z10/Q10 either.

Blame America.
    The NSA has not quite finished with its snippet of code that goes into the update so the carriers are stymied! (am I kidding, only the NSA knows for sure)
    kbz1960 and Carterbits like this.
    12-17-13 03:34 PM
    The carrier's slowness is compounded by BlackBerry cranking out the updates. Why bother putting out 10.2 now when 10.2.1 might be right around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:06 PM

Blame America.
    Are you following me? Or just researching me? You must have a lot of free time. I did get rid of my bold. And I will get rid of my Z10 if a better iPhone comes out.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:59 PM
    The carrier's slowness is compounded by BlackBerry cranking out the updates. Why bother putting out 10.2 now when 10.2.1 might be right around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, my impression is that BlackBerry decided to skip 10.2 for us customers and go with 10.2.1. It saved them some resources and time to integrate android.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:42 PM
    I'd say the US is going straight to 10.2.1. If not then someone at BlackBerry should be smacked.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid and DJM626 like this.
    12-17-13 06:46 PM
    Yeah, my impression is that BlackBerry decided to skip 10.2 for us customers and go with 10.2.1. It saved them some resources and time to integrate android.

Posted via CB10
    If it were up to BlackBerry, you'd have the 10.2 update already (like the rest of the world). For some reason, US carriers are dragging their feet.

The good news is that you can always use Sachesi to download the OFFICIAL 10.2 from any other carrier (Rogers, Bell, etc) and load that. It is exactly 100% bit-for-bit the same as what you'll eventually get from Verizon.
    12-17-13 06:56 PM
    I'd say the US is going straight to 10.2.1. If not then someone at BlackBerry should be smacked.

Posted via CB10
    10.2 will probably be rolling out then 10.2.1. The US has gotten these updates after everyone thanks to the carriers.
    12-17-13 06:58 PM
    If it were up to BlackBerry, you'd have the 10.2 update already (like the rest of the world). For some reason, US carriers are dragging their feet.
    I believe it's a mutual agreement with some compensation involved. I doubt carriers are interested in OS upgrades; they spend a lot of resources on verification. So, my guess is that BlackBerry decided to save some $$ on skipping 10.2 especially when it was not a game changer. I expect BlackBerry to push hard (read invest money) into 10.2.1 rollout and likely bring some new hardware.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:06 PM
    You know vzw is slow, so is bb for that matter. Has there been any official releases of it on other carriers? Too bad bb and vzw had such a horrible start to bb10. Rebooting and all that crap.
    Many international carriers already got 10.2 in October.

It is unbelievable how this "BlackBerry is slow" crap persists, despite repeated clarification that the ball is in the carriers' court.

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    00stryder likes this.
    12-17-13 07:08 PM
    There is no slow or fast in economics. Monetary tools and proper planning decide what is going to happen. I for one would like to get 10.2.1 instead of 10.2. If there many users like me, then there is no sense to invest into rolling out 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    12-17-13 07:13 PM
    I gave up on Verizon releasing updates and took it into my own hands a few months ago. The 10.2.1.1055 leak works great on the VZW Z10. I only have one glitch with it -the compass. Everything else works great, including BB Maps so the compass problem is something that I can easily live with.
    If you haven't installed the leak you're really missing it. I'm running it on 2 phones and loving it!
    clickitykeys and southlander like this.
    12-17-13 07:27 PM
    There is no slow or fast in economics. Monetary tools and proper planning decide what is going to happen. I for one would like to get 10.2.1 instead of 10.2. If there many users like me, then there is no sense to invest into rolling out 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    In October, I used to think I would wait for VZ to release 10.2. I was told that VZ had already received the update from BlackBerry, but they were going to release it on the heels of the Z30.

About a week before that, I said "screw the carriers" and installed a 10.2.1 leak. Could not be more pleased! In hindsight, not waiting for VZ turned out to be a good decision.

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    00stryder likes this.
    12-17-13 07:27 PM
    I believe it's a mutual agreement with some compensation involved. I doubt carriers are interested in OS upgrades; they spend a lot of resources on verification. So, my guess is that BlackBerry decided to save some $$ on skipping 10.2 especially when it was not a game changer. I expect BlackBerry to push hard (read invest money) into 10.2.1 rollout and likely bring some new hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't call it mutual. It's more like it's the established model for US-based carriers. They are used to network-exclusive locked phones that they distribute and control. There is no technical reason updates require the carrier be involved but the carriers use their leverage to force their way into the relationship between the device maker and the end-user so they can extort even more money.

The US carriers are the root cause (but perhaps not the only cause). No other countries have this issue so clear that BlackBerry are not delaying anything. It is possible that BlackBerry could, in theory, not be helping matters by refusing to pay extortion money as you suggest, we don't really know if that's true or not (but it wouldn't be surprising...we all know how greedy carriers can be!).
    12-17-13 08:07 PM

The good news is that you can always use Sachesi to download the OFFICIAL 10.2 from any other carrier (Rogers, Bell, etc) and load that. It is exactly 100% bit-for-bit the same as what you'll eventually get from Verizon.
    Since the Verizon model is unique to the Unites States due to its CDMA/GSM combo radio, I believe, what "other carrier" you mention will provide the "100% bit-for-bit" update that will be provided by Verizon?

Do you know which carrier will provide this, or is this just enthusiasm to encourage people to install LEAKS run amok?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:24 PM
    Since the Verizon model is unique to the Unites States due to its CDMA/GSM combo radio, I believe, what "other carrier" you mention will provide the "100% bit-for-bit" update that will be provided by Verizon?

Do you know which carrier will provide this, or is this just enthusiasm to encourage people to install LEAKS run amok?

Posted via CB10
    Is there a particular reason you are so opposed to either Leaks or official versions from other carriers? While not many issues have been reported, even then, if folks are reasonably informed of the potential risks then they, for the most part, are adults. In the mean time a number of better features have been provided by first, the official versions of 10.2.0.xxxx and even more from the "for sure" Leak 10.2.1.1055. Since quite a few Verizon users have gone with one or another of those versions and their phones seem to function as well as the version Verizon still offers, what is the harm. And with a good backup, they can generally fall back to the official version with maybe a few losses.

But, obviously, you can do what you want and you can keep providing your advisory of caution. To each their own.
    curvezzz, Derlitz and 00stryder like this.
    12-17-13 10:04 PM
    No Verizon Update for the Z10?-tentwo.png

Just made this before I came in this forum lol

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-17-13 10:45 PM
    since the verizon model is unique to the unites states due to its cdma/gsm combo radio, i believe, what "other carrier" you mention will provide the "100% bit-for-bit" update that will be provided by verizon?

Do you know which carrier will provide this, or is this just enthusiasm to encourage people to install leaks run amok?

Posted via cb10

No Verizon Update for the Z10?-noleaks.png

? At&t z10 stl100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    00stryder likes this.
    12-17-13 10:58 PM
    No Verizon Update for the Z10?-noleaks.png

For Ben

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-17-13 10:59 PM
    Is there a particular reason you are so opposed to either Leaks or official versions from other carriers? While not many issues have been reported, even then, if folks are reasonably informed of the potential risks then they, for the most part, are adults. In the mean time a number of better features have been provided by first, the official versions of 10.2.0.xxxx and even more from the "for sure" Leak 10.2.1.1055. Since quite a few Verizon users have gone with one or another of those versions and their phones seem to function as well as the version Verizon still offers, what is the harm. And with a good backup, they can generally fall back to the official version with maybe a few losses.

But, obviously, you can do what you want and you can keep providing your advisory of caution. To each their own.
    Forget my feeling it leaks. In this case, I'm responding to the comment that it would "be 100% bit-for-bit the same as Verizon would eventually release." Since the Verizon model is very unique given its CDMA situation, I find this statement to be patent false and misleading.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:14 PM
58 123