When I pair my Z10 to my living room sound system (Polk Audio 5000 Bar & Sub), the devices pair correctly and my Z10 shows the tune playingbut no sound from the speakers.

I tried all the suggestions about volume changing, mute settings, etc. Nothing works. Well, not nothing...........my daughter's ipod pairs and works without a problem . So it's not the audio system. I also know it's paired correctly and not a technical issue with my Polk system because the system itself emits an audio bleep when it's been successfully paired with a device.

Anyone else run into and solved this issue? I don't own a headset to troubleshoot with another device but like I said, an ipod paired up works flawlessly. Is there a setting in my phone I don't know of that's blocking the audio maybe?

Any help would be appreciated
    11-08-14 09:43 AM
    When attempting to play a SOUND media file (mp3, etc), tap the lower right Menu button. Scroll to find AUDIO and tap it. Can you change to a connected BT device, your sound system?
    11-08-14 11:20 AM
    Looked at that. Already showing that it's trying to play via Bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:46 AM
    I can't be the only one experiencing this, can I???

Gotta be some obscure setting blocking the audio.

Just makes no sense that my daughter's ipod pairs and plays audio without issue.

Any help?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 01:30 PM
    All I can suggest is to UNpair and REpair the devices again. Oh, also make sure that when in BT mode, you device is NOT pairing with some other BT device (headphones, speakers, similar) and that whatever else was paired to that sound system (daughter's ipod) is NO longer hogging the bt connection.
    11-22-14 05:53 PM
    Thanks, but tried that multiple times. Disconnect, reconnect, remove device, add device, wi-fi on, wi-fi off, volume up, volume down......... just can't figure it.

Unless....... it has to do with being "muted" as a few have suggested? Which doesn't seem to exist in my handset as an option, by the way. There's "volume" yes (and the ability to turn it all the way down) but no "mute" function per se that I can find.

Is this maybe a key piece to the puzzle I've overlooked?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:49 AM
    Thanks, but tried that multiple times. Disconnect, reconnect, remove device, add device, wi-fi on, wi-fi off, volume up, volume down......... just can't figure it.

Unless....... it has to do with being "muted" as a few have suggested? Which doesn't seem to exist in my handset as an option, by the way. There's "volume" yes (and the ability to turn it all the way down) but no "mute" function per se that I can find.

Is this maybe a key piece to the puzzle I've overlooked?

Posted via CB10
    There is a MIDDLE button between UP and DOWN. That's the Mute (it also serves other purposes for other apps, I think)
    12-04-14 02:52 PM
    Yes, thanks. But when I'm playing media the middle button pauses then plays. Doesn't control a mute function. Is there another way to access mute then?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 03:32 PM
    Yes, thanks. But when I'm playing media the middle button pauses then plays. Doesn't control a mute function. Is there another way to access mute then?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure as I don't use BT speakers/headphone with it that often. Not sure if you Press that middle button slightly differently if it might serve both functions. Or maybe on the phone, open menu, and find, is it, media and then options to move between devices and whether is might be a mute option in there somewhere.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will chime in.
    12-13-14 04:15 PM
    What OS is the device running?
    And have you tried another blue tooth device?

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    12-13-14 04:20 PM
    OS is 10.2.1.3062...... most recent other than the leaked 10.3 to my knowledge.

I don't own any other BT devices so can't test. But again, it's not the device, as the speaker confirms pairing with an audible "bloop bloop", and an ipod pairs and plays just fine.

Only other possibility is a setting in my Z10........or that its BT is entirely non-functional.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:07 AM
    I had the same issue - the Z10 paired correctly with my Samsung soundbar (appeared as connected in the Z10's bluetooth menu and the soundbar's LED display listed my device) but the audio wouldn't stream.

After tinkering around, I checked the rSAP box in the bluetooth's configuration menu (tap configure button at the bottom of the BlueTooth menu) and the audio is now streaming. I tried playing MP3s and slacker radio, both sound great! Not sure why this works, this option doesn't seem relevant to audio streaming.
    01-13-15 06:27 AM
    Wow. Thanks for that. Worked like a charm!

Why, I don't know. But I don't really need to understand I guess. Just pleased it works.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:49 AM