BlackBerry needs to better communicate the reasons that BlackBerry Internet Service is no longer required with BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The continual failure to communicate clearly will kill BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-26-13 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry needs to better communicate the reasons that BlackBerry Internet Service is no longer required with BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The continual failure to communicate clearly will kill BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Since BB can't communicate it and I haven't understood it yet can you please explain it to me again? I'm not trying to be funny here or a pain or sarcastic. I still don't get it. Yes, I may be a "minority user" in that I care about push mail while not having an Exchange server at my disposal (yet). And yes, pop3 is ancient technology. Only what are viable alternatives to my forwarding to blackberry.net?

Google is starting to kill off it's availability on non Android devices so I wouldn't trust them and don;t like their email service. Outlook.com appears rather iffy. Yes, I could change providers and get true push mail but that kind leads to making having a Blackberry obsolete. And I can't say that the Z10 looks desirable to me. Q10 perhaps but it's not available on T-mobile and never may be.
    pungster likes this.
    03-26-13 01:26 PM
    I did read it and it doesn't help me personally. I have my own email domain and my provider currently only can do POP3 (I know that I could switch but that's a pain and costly but is just what may need to happen). Gmail is not an alternative for me for a number of reasons. And they just pulled the plug on their regular push mail anyway unless you pay or use their silly little "app" that sorts emails in the same backwards way that their webmail does. Tried Outlook.com. That didn't work. Now BIS goes away unless I buy another very old phone. Leaves me with sucking it up and buying and getting used to the silly iPhone 5 - while hoping that Apple doesn't make the workaround-use of their icloud push mail not more difficult or impossible also.

Dude. Seriously. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Google supports push. Works for millions of people. Look around here, ask people. Gmail users get their email on Z10's and all sorts of things nearly instantly.

You can either:

1. Forward your messages from your POP account to Gmail, just like you did with Blackberry.net
    2. Use a Gmail feature that allows Gmail to retrieve your POP messages into your Gmail account itself.

Lastly, as I previously mentioned, you can set Gmail to send out emails with your old email address if you want. Just like Blackberry.net.

What am I missing here?

(PS: What Google removed recently has no impact on "push", since Google has supported multiple versions of "push" for years now. What they removed was EAS support for free Google users that hadn't already setup devices using EAS. You can still use IMAP, and IMAP supports "push".)
    agp101 likes this.
    03-26-13 01:45 PM
    I did read it and it doesn't help me personally. I have my own email domain and my provider currently only can do POP3 (I know that I could switch but that's a pain and costly but is just what may need to happen). Gmail is not an alternative for me for a number of reasons. And they just pulled the plug on their regular push mail anyway unless you pay or use their silly little "app" that sorts emails in the same backwards way that their webmail does. Tried Outlook.com. That didn't work. Now BIS goes away unless I buy another very old phone. Leaves me with sucking it up and buying and getting used to the silly iPhone 5 - while hoping that Apple doesn't make the workaround-use of their icloud push mail not more difficult or impossible also.
    Google didn't kill their push service, and outlook.com works just fine, confirmed by many, many users. You're doing something wrong or you didn't even try.

In fact, please explain to me how Google killed their push service? I would like you to give me a valid explanation based on facts if you're to spread misinformation on these forums. Also include how Imap idle works, which is what Google currently uses. Explain how that works for everyone please, specifically explaining how it doesn't support push. If you can't come up with anything without doing research, then clearly you are not aware and are misinforming everyone. At best, maybe this exercise will educate you on the matter.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:59 PM
    I tend to agree with the article. I got my Z10 yesterday and I like it, but I don't love it like I expected to. I'm offended that the "delete on handheld" option is gone. My first impression is that the Z10 is not as useful a tool to manage my email as my old Torch was.

I'm not feeling much love for Blackberry right now.
    I can't disagree with you.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:01 PM
    To be honest, even switching email hosting services is not hard. An account can easily be transferred with all settings intact between hosting platforms, the domain name (depending on the tld) can be transferred instantly. It is as easy as porting a telephone number. I mean seriously, if I was your hosting provider and you paid me money for just pop3 I'd be laughing all the way to the bank...

I've added z-push to one of my own hosted servers and I've got both MS Exchange on Linux hosting and IMAP IDLE push working. Both work equally well on the Blackberry Z10. With the advantage of MS Exchange (Active Sync) also able to do contacts/calendars integrated in one account setup. One one of my other domains I've got full CalDav/CardDav integration and IMAP IDLE. Push for everything across all my devices.

The 'issue' really doesn't exist, I honestly don't get where all of this comes from. So much misinformation it is unbelievable. Even more so that when people are corrected they even argue against it...Very odd.
    03-26-13 02:06 PM
    Even more so that when people are corrected they even argue against it...Very odd.

Very odd indeed.
    03-26-13 02:11 PM
    The continual failure to communicate clearly will kill BlackBerry.
    You know, I often enjoy your comments.

But seriously, I wish everyone around here would stop with this "so and so will kill Blackberry", or "this change means Blackberry is doomed, or "unless they add so-and-so feature I want, no one will buy Blackberries again", etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Yeesh. The Drama Dial seems to be set perennially at "11" around here these days.

(Edit: And that applies to both the "fans" and the "critics" and everyone in-between.)
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-26-13 02:14 PM
    "No Push Mail, no thanks to new BlackBerry" - Straits Times-img-20130404-00348.jpg
    I received my SWAG from BlackBerry Singapore for posting this article... nice! =)
    demotcs2002 likes this.
    04-05-13 02:52 AM
    If you want instantaneous, quality cross platform email, our friends at Microsoft deliver with Outlook con. It is like a free personal Exchange server.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:27 AM
    Utter bull****. Guess the reporter hasn't done any homework.

I'm totally new to BlackBerry, being previously an iOs and Android user.

I'm not a fan boy at all. And I say the BlackBerry 10 OS is way so much better if compared to my previous phones.

And email?? Works wonderfully for me.

I always have problems retrieving my work mails and stuffs but my Z10 works wonderfully for me.

Nuff said.

Posted via my WhiteBerry Z10
    04-05-13 07:53 AM
    Okay, this is so wrong. I need BIS push email. I will go to the other phones, have gone to them, but BB does have other features they don't have that I like. But it's a balance of pluses and minuses.
    07-11-15 05:49 PM
    Who wants google reading their mail?????
    07-11-15 05:52 PM
    Okay, this is so wrong. I need BIS push email. I will go to the other phones, have gone to them, but BB does have other features they don't have that I like. But it's a balance of pluses and minuses.
    You know you are posting on threads that have been dead for over two years, don't you?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    07-12-15 09:28 AM
    Current OS allows push. BB Z10 cannot use BIS.
    07-12-15 10:23 AM
    Is it really needed? My phone notifies me of new mail before my desktop does (by seconds), 100% of the time. Everything's pretty fast, these days.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 05:57 PM
    Blast from the past...

Posted via C5303
    07-12-15 06:23 PM
    Wow I've been using push on my Z10 for years?

What gives here, maybe it didn't work 2 year's ago when this thread was started but not anymore.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    07-13-15 07:38 AM
193 ... 678