I have been using the mail with this device for a week now and I can gladly say it is still working as good as before.

I had 2 emails account hooked, 1 Gmail and 1 company email. I noticed a few times that my z10 received the email first comparing to my 1 android phone and my outlook. Just FYI 3 of the devices hooked on the same wireless network.

To make things clearer, I was a former 9000, 9800, 9790 and 9900 user.
    So, I guess somehow my comparison is still arguable in some way.

For those who are planning to grab BlackBerry 10 devices and are somewhat doubt with its reliability in terms of instant mail delivery, I can suggest that you can give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    Simon Ng likes this.
    03-23-13 08:18 AM
    I would pay a few bucks per month to do this. The carriers paid BB 5 bucks per month for this and they no longer are. I'd be happy to pay for push. I don't care if others don't have it either, that is what made BB a BB. The new Z10 is nice but without push it is just another device in my view. I'd be happy to go back to the Bold 9900 if they would just put a AF camera on it.
    03-23-13 08:22 AM
    Not sure what the OP is on about... I have an outlook.com email address and emails are pushed fine to me.

National Rail Times App for BB10 - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=GB
    03-23-13 08:23 AM
    Without BIS, you are no longer tied to the Blackberry network, are you? That means no more multi-day outages, I hope.

My business uses pop mail hosted by XO. The Z10 only checks it every 15 minutes at the most frequent setting. That is not acceptable.

really?????????only 15 minutes is the minimum ? That is not acceptable!!!!
    03-23-13 08:29 AM
    I been using the Z10 for the past 1 week (no contract) and use it to replace my 9900. I brought my Z10 to Indonesia and when my colleague send an email me across the table, I received it instantly. So I think without BIS, the email would still function perfectly. I was able to synch with my google contact instantly after the set up but Calendar takes a few tries. The biggest problem is the international roaming charge. With Blackberry service, we pay S$72 for unlimited data even when we travel internationally but must log on with the Alliance Bridge service provider to get the free data service. The new Z10 does not tag the Blackberry Service and hence all the data roaming when I was in Indonesia is charge on international roaming charges. The bill was like S$2000 for 2 days... Luckly Singtel waive the international roaming charges as long as I buy the S$15 international unlimited roaming service. This is the different. I used to pay S$72 for unlimited international roaming for my emailn, BBM, and other BB services. But now I must pay about $400 a month ($15/day for SEA, $20 for China, and S$30 for UK and USA). As I travel on weekday, I must apply the international unlimited roaming on MANUAL basis before I go.. very inconvinience.
    Simon Ng likes this.
    03-23-13 08:47 AM
    Gmail, FastMail, and My Opera all supports IMAP IDLE, and they all can push.

I've put my Gmail to sync every 24 hours, and when I send a test email, it arrives within the same minute as delivery. When I put it on push, the email arrives instantly. On EDGE, no less. At this point I can vouch that BlackBerry did things right. BIS data plan are always more expensive than normal ones.

If you pay for your mail service and can't setup simple push for your Z10, pull your money and use it on other, more deserving services.
    03-23-13 08:53 AM
    Worst case is having to move upgrade my mail to hosted Microsoft exchange. That will cost me 4 bucks a month more at NETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM

Microsoft� Hosted Exchange — More Than Just Email $7.00 a month

Increase productivity and cut costs with Microsoft� Hosted Exchange for your business. This corporate-class email tool offers robust communications solutions at a small-business budget that's just right for you.

Now just like employees of large corporations, your employees can send and receive email, share calendars and contacts, manage documents and processes, and most important, improve communications with coworkers, partners, vendors, and customers — on the go from virtually any device. It's a critical new advantage that will keep you on top of your business in a fast-paced digital marketplace.

Key features include:

Anywhere access to email, voicemail calendars and contacts
    Enterprise-level mobility options (for additional fee)- BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and ActiveSync�
    Compatibility with Microsoft Office Outlook� 2010 and 2007.
    Compatibility with Macintosh Entourage 2008, 2011 and Microsoft Outlook: Mac 2011
    FREE live 24/7 customer support
    Unlimited domain and email aliases
    All plans run on Microsoft Exchange server
    Full protocol support (MAPI, IMAP, POP)
    Browser-based Outlook Web Access (OWA)
    Built-in business continuity and disaster recovery
    FREE virus and spam filtering
    03-23-13 09:00 AM
    ItI's disappointing to see this kind of negativity in these articles. Lets B&M after 6 months, not right out of the gate. This makes me upset! I have had a S3 for 6 months because my Blackberry went belly up. I can't handle the Android or IOS platform any longer. This makes me rethink,...Hmmm. Did I order my Z10 too quickly?? Where is the positive reporting people!!! It's not only Crackberry fans and addicts reading here. Start with what attracts not detracts. BBRY is having a hard go it in the US right now. Lets be positive. Sorry for the RANT!!!
    03-23-13 09:11 AM
    In that case using Gmail, or outlook com is not really an option and you go from a service that had push email to one that doesn't.

For the non technical setting up your email accounts is a lot harder than in the BIS days.
    Not really. All I did was enter my email address and password and the phone did the rest. My email gets pushed and I get things instantly. I actually found it easier to set up my email on the Z10 than I did on the 9900.

JB
    03-23-13 09:59 AM
    So what kind of email are the small business users there using now?
    03-23-13 10:15 AM
    I would pay a few bucks per month to do this. The carriers paid BB 5 bucks per month for this and they no longer are. I'd be happy to pay for push. I don't care if others don't have it either, that is what made BB a BB. The new Z10 is nice but without push it is just another device in my view. I'd be happy to go back to the Bold 9900 if they would just put a AF camera on it.
    The access fee the carriers have to pay to access the BIS servers has always been a point of contention between blackberry and the major carriers so this time around BlackBerry bowed to them in order to have as wide a carrier acceptance as possible. As for no push email I have an outlook email account for work and receive my emails almost instantly same with my Gmail account as well. Funny enough my Hotmail account has always seemed to lag even on my old 9810 but again no real time delay to worry about. If you are receiving your messages with little to no delay why do you have to worry?

Posted via CB10
    Simon Ng likes this.
    03-23-13 10:22 AM
    I use both the Z10 and the BB9900. I can tell you for sure, the Z10 cannot replace my BB9900 as regards email and chat functions because of the lack of BIS.

However, the Z10 is real fun to use. If I were in business and had to choose one, I will take the BB9900. If I were a youngster or student, I will pick the Z10.
    03-23-13 10:29 AM
    I am only using gmail and Google business apps mail, total 6 mail ids, and when push is on in the mail settings, I have noticed that the mail is received first in my device and then after a few seconds in the laptop, and the laptop is also set to receive immediately. So I think this is a biased article and misleading too as I am not facing any problem with mails, but that is my experience and others may vary as posted by some.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree with Amit. I have the Z10 and my emails come through immediately.

This article is clearly written by a journalist who doesn't understand how the new BlackBerry phones work and has misinterpreted the fact that BIS is quite different on BB10. If your email provider supports push (most do), then your Z10 will have push email. Your BBMs, BlackBerry Protect and other BlackBerry services still go through BB servers. So it is a very technical distinction which the journalist has decided to use to get an attention grabbing headline.

It kinda peeves me that BlackBerry hasn't been out in front with this to explain it to journalists to prevent this type of misinformation being spread. At the very least, Boulben ir Thor should write a letter to the Straits Times providing a clarification. I'm certain they would publish it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:32 AM
    I'm not too sure what the writer is taking about, the Z10 does have push capabilities.
    I'm running 3 emails and all receive my email instantly.
    under the advanced settings of the individual email account you'll find the push option.
    "No Push Mail, no thanks to new BlackBerry" - Straits Times-img_00000088.png

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    03-23-13 10:33 AM
    So what kind of email are the small business users there using now?
    This is probably the right question that needs to be asked. And guess what, not everyone, especially small businesses are using Gmail. I rely on POP3, so the Z10 is not the device for me personally, will be sticking with the Bold. Contrary to everyone who says BB 10 has push email, this will be a real issue for people out there, including small businesses. For those people affected, they just might not upgrade, or start looking for other alternatives. So for everyone who says this isn't an issue, it is for a segment of the BB community.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-23-13 10:40 AM
    I tend to agree with the article. I got my Z10 yesterday and I like it, but I don't love it like I expected to. I'm offended that the "delete on handheld" option is gone. My first impression is that the Z10 is not as useful a tool to manage my email as my old Torch was.

I'm not feeling much love for Blackberry right now.
    Riz58 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:43 AM
    This article is clearly written by a journalist who doesn't understand how the new BlackBerry phones work and has misinterpreted the fact that BIS is quite different on BB10. If your email provider supports push (most do), then your Z10 will have push email. Your BBMs, BlackBerry Protect and other BlackBerry services still go through BB servers. So it is a very technical distinction which the journalist has decided to use to get an attention grabbing headline.

It kinda peeves me that BlackBerry hasn't been out in front with this to explain it to journalists to prevent this type of misinformation being spread. At the very least, Boulben ir Thor should write a letter to the Straits Times providing a clarification. I'm certain they would publish it.

Posted via CB10
    Makes one wonder .... WHY aren't they out there. Sigh. What about the senior executives in Singapore? Why haven't they even said a single thing, even on the Facebook page?
    Simon Ng likes this.
    03-23-13 10:45 AM
    This is probably the right question that needs to be asked. And guess what, not everyone, especially small businesses are using Gmail. I rely on POP3, so the Z10 is not the device for me personally, will be sticking with the Bold. Contrary to everyone who says BB 10 has push email, this will be a real issue for people out there, including small businesses. For those people affected, they just might not upgrade, or start looking for other alternatives. So for everyone who says this isn't an issue, it is for a segment of the BB community.
    Yeah. I am surprised that they did this. If you are going to end the Push email, then let us set the pop checking interval to 5 minutes, like Android does.

Blackberry has basically said that we have to change the way our business is run (re-engineer your email setup) to enable their device! That's the opposite of what it should be.
    03-23-13 10:47 AM
    I'm ******* tired of the media spreading lies and bull**** just to make sure that BlackBerry doesn't regain market share...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:52 AM
    I tend to agree with the article. I got my Z10 yesterday and I like it, but I don't love it like I expected to. I'm offended that the "delete on handheld" option is gone. My first impression is that the Z10 is not as useful a tool to manage my email as my old Torch was.

I'm not feeling much love for Blackberry right now.
    Well that's your preference not fact, z10 is my best email tool.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:54 AM
    Most use pop, an exchange server is expensive. But they are coming to be more popular as they get tired of being told.
    03-23-13 10:54 AM
    Where else are they gonna go? I guess they will have to stay with bb7 forever

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:55 AM
    Wow.. It's crazy how many posters above are completely clueless about how email on smartphones work.. And they article is so false in every way. *pulling my hair out*.

Bb10 supports push email in its software which is why it no longer need bis server side.. End of story. I'm really irritated by this stupidity right about now.
    03-23-13 11:03 AM
    Bb10 supports push email in its software which is why it no longer need bis server side.. End of story. I'm really irritated by this stupidity right about now.
    Please provide the steps to set up push email for an account on a POP server.
    03-23-13 11:05 AM
    Precisely! So are they saying that every other OS that didn't have BIS was crap before? Cause only blackberry had it and they're saying it's crappy without it.

posted via the CB app on my Z10
    allstar0088 and Simon Ng like this.
    03-23-13 11:13 AM
193 1234 ...