Hello everyone,

I am currently using my Blackberry Z10 on the Rogers network. I am having a problem with the Twitter app. The Twitter app on my phone does not to seem to notify me when new tweets arrive. I do not get a notification on the twitter app on the home screen nor does it appear in the Hub. Twitter appears in the hub but no notifications. Does anybody know how to turn on notifications within the Twitter app so I can receive notifications on the home screen and within the hub?

Thanks in advance!
    04-11-13 11:56 AM
    If you go to Settings>Accounts>Twitter.
    You can Enable Notifications.
    I have found that I only receive notifications for Direct Messages, and Mentions, not when I receive new tweets.

If your DMs and Mentions do not show up in the Hub, open the Hub, hit the 3 dots on the bottom right, go to Settings>Hub Management, under Social Applications, enable Twitter.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by cl8baller; 04-11-13 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Typo
    04-11-13 12:02 PM
    Thanks for your response,

My settings are already set to the suggestions you mentioned. I guess I am not the only one not receiving notification for new tweets. Is this a problem with the Twitter app or the Z10?

Thanks again,
    04-11-13 12:15 PM
    I don't know if you would call it a problem -- it seems to be by design. I personally miss the BBOS version that had far more capabilities than the bare bones BB 10 version we're (currently) stuck with.
    04-11-13 12:56 PM
    The notifications for Twitter in the Hub for BB10 is for Direct messages and mentions. Simply "new tweets" from the people that you follow will not show up in the Hub. If you want to see new tweets, open the app. This has been discussed numerous times on the forums. Try a search next time and you will probably find the answer to your question.
    04-11-13 01:37 PM
    I don't know if you would call it a problem -- it seems to be by design. I personally miss the BBOS version that had far more capabilities than the bare bones BB 10 version we're (currently) stuck with.
    The "bare bones BB10 version we're (currently) stuck with" is designed by Twitter and not BlackBerry. Everyone complained that the Twitter for BlackBerry app on OS7.1 and previous was not like the Apple and Android versions that were designed by Twitter. Be careful what you wish for.
    04-11-13 01:44 PM
    The "bare bones BB10 version we're (currently) stuck with" is designed by Twitter and not BlackBerry. Everyone complained that the Twitter for BlackBerry app on OS7.1 and previous was not like the Apple and Android versions that were designed by Twitter. Be careful what you wish for.
    is there any good alternative app i can use so i can get my tweets every hour or so
    04-27-13 08:40 AM
    Have you checked out @Blaq or Neatly? you can leave them minimized on the "desktop" and they show the red spark if there are new tweets. I use both and seem to be leaning more to @Blaq the more I use it.
    04-27-13 08:53 AM
    Well was kinda looking for a free app because if work ed perfectly on my 9850 and it costed me nothing

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:42 PM
    Well was kinda looking for a free app because if work ed perfectly on my 9850 and it costed me nothing

Posted via CB10
    Currently there is nothing that will do what you want, free or paid. It is one of the few issues I have coming from bb7. Some Twitter apps will give you this info, but not in the hub and not at all unless the app is open as a live tile. Hopefully when headless apps are supported this will be resolved.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:48 PM
    Well I only got my phone on Thursday do you recommend I wait, I hear everyone saying to use blaq

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:57 PM
    I would recommend Blaq

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:01 PM
    Well I only got my phone on Thursday do you recommend I wait, I hear everyone saying to use blaq

Posted via CB10
    This forum is bias towards Blaq because the dev is highly active here. Neatly is also really good. Those two are clearly the best. Blaq will probably be supported better, but at this very moment, Neatly offers more. I would go Blaq if I were you though because it most likely will be better than Neatly in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:04 PM
    This forum is bias towards Blaq because the dev is highly active here. Neatly is also really good. Those two are clearly the best. Blaq will probably be supported better, but at this very moment, Neatly offers more. I would go Blaq if I were you though because it most likely will be better than Neatly in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about others but before I even knew the dev was active on here I wanted to use it. But with the dev being active makes it easier for fixes, new updates, and questions answered faster

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:23 AM