Sorry I've posted this in the wrong forum ^^ll

I've tried hard to get used to not using the trackpad...i find it really frustrating.

I'm looking forward to reading more about the typing and navigating experience of X10.

Really worried now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mduckduck; 12-29-12 at 07:41 PM.
    12-29-12 07:19 PM
    Getting used to not using it on a current blackberry is not quite the same. BB OS 7 was built with the trackpad in mind, so for some things it will always be the best way to accomplish a task, because RIM knew you would have it and intended on you using it. Bb10 was built knowing there wouldn't be a track pad, so no tasks will be built to use it. Its sort of the same idea as attempting to use a mouse on an android tablet. Yea Android can support a mouse, but it wasn't built to be used with a mouse so it's always difficult and awkward. Or trying to use Windows XP/Vista/7 on a touch screen. Yes the support is there, but they weren't built to be used without a mouse and keyboard, so it is difficult to do.
    12-29-12 11:09 PM
    Don't worry! BB10 was built without the need of a trackpad (and imo wouldn't work right with it). If you have a few buck laying around you could pick up a cheap playbook to get an idea of BB10 and how it works, plus you'll get a free update to BB10 after launch.
    01-01-13 07:50 PM
    Don't worry! BB10 was built without the need of a trackpad
    Let's see you use a Z10 with leather gloves on (not those stupid capacitive-friendly gloves) and then come back and tell me how BB10 works just fine without a trackpad.
    01-01-13 10:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure all the things I did with my 7 could have been done without the trackpad. It was a big convenience though
    01-01-13 11:02 PM
    Your 7 what?

It's impossible to use a touch screen with gloves and if you're doing lots of text editing, a trackpad to position cursors, etc... is an absolute must.
    01-01-13 11:25 PM
    Your 7 what?

It's impossible to use a touch screen with gloves and if you're doing lots of text editing, a trackpad to position cursors, etc... is an absolute must.
    Maybe you should get a Nokia 920 instead.
    01-02-13 12:17 AM
    Maybe you should get a Nokia 920 instead.
    What does that have to do with the BlackBerry trackpad?
    01-02-13 12:25 AM
    Your 7 what?

I have a glove friendly gps on my bike which destroys your claim of it being impossible , secondly I have been using a play book to reply to texts with no need of a track pad . for precision I use the rim keyboard with a track pad. which from my obsevation will work with a bb10 phones . on my 9810 I actually prefer the virtual screen keyboard over the physical key board .
    01-02-13 01:04 AM
    I have a glove friendly gps on my bike which destroys your claim of it being impossible , secondly I have been using a play book to reply to texts with no need of a track pad . for precision I use the rim keyboard with a track pad. which from my obsevation will work with a bb10 phones . on my 9810 I actually prefer the virtual screen keyboard over the physical key board .
    Fix all the mistakes in your post with *only* the little blue arrow cursor handles on the PlayBook, or whatever you have on the 9810 and tell me how long it takes

The trackpad is the most efficient input method for fine positioning of the cursor in text blocks.
    01-02-13 01:16 AM
    as I said I have the bluetooth keyboard with trackpad for my playbook and on my 9810 I have word sustitution turned on so I don't need the trackpad or the little blue pointers . for acuracy pinch to zoom is quicker than the track pad . haveing a playbook for a year I can honestly say I don't miss the track pad. and the bb10 phones will be a smaller version of the playbook. soi will feel right at home . oh and by the way I have been typing this post with my playbook mini keyboard .

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-02-13 02:01 AM
    What does that have to do with the BlackBerry trackpad?
    The 920's touchscreen reacts to any object. Seeing as how the trackpad will not be coming back no matter how much you want it to, you may want to explore other options (or keep using an OS7 phone). For the record, I was a big fan of the trackpad myself.
    01-02-13 02:25 AM
    as I said I have the bluetooth keyboard with trackpad for my playbook and on my 9810 I have word sustitution turned on so I don't need the trackpad or the little blue pointers . for acuracy pinch to zoom is quicker than the track pad . haveing a playbook for a year I can honestly say I don't miss the track pad. and the bb10 phones will be a smaller version of the playbook. soi will feel right at home . oh and by the way I have been typing this post with my playbook mini keyboard .
    Go ahead, keep telling us about how pinch to zoom and tapping to position the cursor is superior to the trackpad. You've got over a dozen errors in your first post and just as many in the one quoted here. That's a lot of pinching to zoom to go back and fix all those errors.

The trackpad makes text editing far easier than any on-screen solution I've seen so far. The PlayBook is an utter nightmare when it comes to editing errors or making changes to blocks of texts. Want to reorganize words or paragraphs in a block of text? Copy & paste is done far more easily with the optical trackpad than it is with screen pinching, tapping and blue arrows.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    01-02-13 12:32 PM
    The 920's touchscreen reacts to any object.
    Great, so when it's in my pocket what's the chance it will unlock itself and do things I don't want it to do?
    01-02-13 12:34 PM

I've tried hard to get used to not using the trackpad...i find it really frustrating.
    It will be an entirely different expeirnce on BB10. You can't compare your current touch screen BB to BB10 devices.

BTW, the track pad on my 9810 has been broken for 2 months, still clicks, but that's all, can't scroll or use it to select text. I've had the replacement track pad for over a month, but haven't bothered to use install it. It's frustrating without it, especially when trying to select text. That being said, i have a PlayBook, and selecting text on that is very simple, so i can see how BB10 will also fall in line with that.
    01-02-13 08:04 PM
    It will be an entirely different expeirnce on BB10. You can't compare your current touch screen BB to BB10 devices.
    Well, if it's anything like the little blue text selection arrows on the PlayBook, it will be a nightmare. They're tedious, fiddly and overall cumbersome to use.

That being said, i have a PlayBook, and selecting text on that is very simple, so i can see how BB10 will also fall in line with that.
    The PlayBook sucks for any complex text editing.
    01-02-13 08:19 PM
    Well, if it's anything like the little blue text selection arrows on the PlayBook, it will be a nightmare. They're tedious, fiddly and overall cumbersome to use.

The PlayBook sucks for any complex text editing.
    Works fine for me. Maybe you're doing it wrong? Try a battery pull.
    01-02-13 08:22 PM
    Battery pull on a PlayBook?
    01-02-13 08:33 PM
    Battery pull on a PlayBook?
    I was being sarcastic.
    01-02-13 08:40 PM
    I didn't think I could do without the trackpad and front 4 buttons, but seeing the way BB10 is, there is no need for it. I have always used physical keyboard BlackBerrys, but with BB10 it makes sense to go All-Touch!
    jesse_h and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-02-13 08:57 PM
    Let's see you use a Z10 with leather gloves on (not those stupid capacitive-friendly gloves) and then come back and tell me how BB10 works just fine without a trackpad.
    Ok...I guess if I were in that situation I would just...take them off?
    01-03-13 04:50 PM
    Your 7 what?

I usually don't do tons of editing outdoors in cold weather or on ski slopes so if I have to take off a glove, only one because the phone was designed for one handed use, to use my BB10 phone then it would be a minor inconvenience.
    01-03-13 04:59 PM
    Don't worry! BB10 was built without the need of a trackpad (and imo wouldn't work right with it). If you have a few buck laying around you could pick up a cheap playbook to get an idea of BB10 and how it works, plus you'll get a free update to BB10 after launch.
    That is actually what worries me alot. Just got the Playbook about two weeks ago and I still suffer from the lack of the trackpad. In general I still prefer using my 9900 when it comes to any kind of text input to the Playbook. Neither that tablets keyboard, nor the text selection/cursor positioning can even barely compete with the small Bold.
    What is interesting though: The Bold 9900 is the first trackpad phone I had since late 2010 and the phone I used prior my Bold also had no trackpad. Either I got used to that small pad way too much or I simply got around previously without it.
    01-03-13 05:34 PM
32 12