Hello,

I recently got a very cool Z10 (I like). I have an issue that when I plug in my Z10 to my computer for charging, if I then start IE to browse internet I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

This is not affecting my Chrome browser; I can browse internet with Chrome while charging the Z10, just IE will not work. As soon as I unplug the Z10 then IE will start working again.

FYI, this is a work phone, so I am at my office desk and computer is behind corp firewall.

Any quick hit advice on why IE cannot browse internet while I'm charging?

Thanks.
    11-25-13 11:50 AM
    No, but you mention chrome works fine. WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU BE USING IE ANYWAYS?
    also, try just charging via the wall socket........
    TA DAAAAA
    magic
    11-25-13 01:15 PM
    Simple solution...Use a wall charger. Honestly it will charge really slow from a PC.

I am not an IT person but there may be a network policy. IDK
    11-25-13 01:19 PM
    Since this is a work phone and a workplace, you might ask IT if they've set some limitation.
    11-25-13 02:45 PM
    I've also found when plugging into various machines. Especially my Linux machines, the computer tries to make a connection to the Internet via the phone.

I would check your network connections and disabled any connection that looks like it had anything to do with the phone.

Hopefully that is more helpful than, use another browser or another means of charging your Device.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:03 PM
    Thanks Tod; yes, a constructive response.
    11-25-13 03:32 PM
    One other thing to check is the USB connection options. In Settings->Storage and Access, you should see USB Connections at the top. There are three options - auto, windows and mac. Which are you on (auto?). I don't have a windows box to test on, but on linux, you can change to MAC to stop some of the wierd behaviour. If you have mass storage mode (ie. USB disk), then you shouldn't have any ACM modem connections.

As there are only three options, you could just try all three, and see which works
    11-25-13 03:44 PM