I have been one that has wanted to see the 30 day limit go away. I am on BES and setttings were set to unlimited by admin but as many know this has no impact on what the device will bring down. Was always bringing 30 day rolling window. Well 10.1 leak has taken it to the opposite and I am now finding that I had mail in my inbox and sent back to 2008! Clean up into archive before you go to these settings!

I am slowly cleaning up on both sides rather than re-doing my enterprise activation but it does seem to be having trouble with this much mail. I don't expect it to deal with this much as outlook itself struggles.

Also finding that "delete prior" won't do large volumes at a time. Best it wants to do is a couple days at a time. (100 a day). On 7 you could kill huge amounts in groups.
    04-22-13 06:35 AM
    Quick question? I am on GMail and I have'nt done the 10.1 update yet and was wondering if it addressed the issues of only be able to see the messages that where created or edited on the z10 and not "all' your messages in your folders/labels? This is a major issues for me because clients will ask me to look at a message I edited on my GMail desktop and placed into one of my folders and I can't see it on my z10 with the current firmware 10.0.0.85. Just curious.
    04-22-13 06:42 AM
    I have 24.5G in my Gmail account. I have 10.1 and yeah it will fill the phone.

You should be able to search and retrieve beyond the 30 day limit. Thus not having to download unnecessary emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:50 AM
    Great, So I will be able to see "all" my messages? It's frustrating at the moment being able only to see the ones the where edited or created on the z10 and not the entire GMail desktop. I could live with the 30 days for now if I could see all my messages. Good news and I appreciate your feedback.
    04-22-13 07:00 AM
    I have 24.5G in my Gmail account. I have 10.1 and yeah it will fill the phone.

You should be able to search and retrieve beyond the 30 day limit. Thus not having to download unnecessary emails.
    Apparently this is an EAS feature, not readily available on IMAP. Since Gmail has switched to IMAP for non-paying, non-Android customers, we shouldn't expect to get this capability.
    04-22-13 07:52 AM
    Apparently this is an EAS feature, not readily available on IMAP. Since Gmail has switched to IMAP for non-paying, non-Android customers, we shouldn't expect to get this capability.
    I am a paying customer, tested the leaked 10.1 with active sync, it's not ready yet. It syncs when you first set it up then refuses to sync incoming emails after that.

I reverted to IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:03 AM
    Pffft 2008..... I had stuff from 2005. I have since changed some folder settings lol.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-22-13 08:39 AM
    Are you using IMAP? I just want to know if I will be able to see "All" of my emails just like my desktop instead of just the ones I created or edited on the z10? This is a major issue for me.

I can't use active sync because of the issue with non paying GMAIL customers, even though I have a paying Google apps account (phone apps).

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:06 AM
    I'm using activesync. I haven't played around with imap to see what happens with different settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:27 AM
    It's a couple more steps, but I've already got a home screen shortcut for Google Reader which is 1-click away from putting me into my gmail acct where i can search forever. I've also added one for my work OWA site which lets me search forever. On the cases where I need to find it, I'll have to sign in maybe, but i'll always be able to find what I need cause the browser rocks!

Damn, OWA is so fast syncing, I started typing up a dummy email in the browser session just to see how it'd work, and it appeared on my phone as a draft instantly, so if you don't like typing out an email in the webmail view you can just use it to search and start an email and then finish it out in the HUB! I think this is a worthwhile workaround and I'm not even sure if I'll set my phone to go past 30 days when the option becomes available. Maybe I'm starting to see the light
    04-22-13 09:27 AM
    I am a paying customer, tested the leaked 10.1 with active sync, it's not ready yet. It syncs when you first set it up then refuses to sync incoming emails after that.

I reverted to IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    Did you edit the folder sync stuff?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:32 AM
    I have been one that has wanted to see the 30 day limit go away. [...]

Well 10.1 leak has taken it to the opposite and I am now finding that I had mail in my inbox and sent back to 2008! Clean up into archive before you go to these settings!

I am slowly cleaning up on both sides rather than re-doing my enterprise activation but it does seem to be having trouble with this much mail. I don't expect it to deal with this much as outlook itself struggles.

Goddess forbid the people that have been incessantly whining for this feature would listen to me when I cautioned them about precisely what you are describing here.

There is a reason that Exchange servers don't have "unlimited" enabled by default for EAS accounts. People that don't understand technology often have some pretty dumb ideas about anything labeled "unlimited".

Perhaps the next time I'll ask them if they would give their government "unlimited" access to their wallet, too.
    jdhooghe and twstd.reality like this.
    04-27-13 03:07 PM