I just used the hdr function of the leaked version to do a shot but I really don't notice any differences between hdr and non hdr. Is it just me only?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:57 AM
    You can see the different when take a picture has big opposition between light and dark.
    05-04-13 10:00 AM
    Take a picture of yourself with the sun directly behind you. You'll notice the difference. It's only beneficial when you're taking a photo that has high dynamic range.
    05-04-13 10:02 AM
    Can someone explain to me what HDR is and how it improves camera quality?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:31 AM
    Can someone explain to me what HDR is and how it improves camera quality?

Posted via CB10
    The dynamic range in many scenes are too big for ANY camera to capture. This includes even professional DSLR cameras no matter how expensive they are. It's just a technological limitation.

For example. If you are about to take a picture of a sunlit sky where the ground has shadows all over it. You have to chose to either expore the photo for the sky, ground or do a "in-between" shot. But basically you will have to chose between a underexposed ground or overexposed sky.

HDR means "high dymanic range". Proper use of this method is to take first a photo exposed for the sky, and then a photo exposed for the ground. Then you mix those two photos so you stitch together them and use only the correctly exposed areas for each image, resulting in an image closer to what you saw with your own eyes.
    ryans1105 and jfunds like this.
    05-05-13 09:38 AM
    Try taking a HDR and non-HDR picture in sunlight, but with an area that is shadowed (ie. under a tree). You should notice the HDR shot will show more detail in the dark areas. It works best in shots with high contrast.
    jfunds likes this.
    05-05-13 10:23 AM