I have used the Defender series on my previous BlackBerry's and I was quite saddened when I emailed Otter box about the poor reviews that I was reading on the Defender case and whether they were going to release the commuter series? The answer was no. Hence I found the case mate tough case and wow what a great looking case! Great case to hold, great protection and it enhances the look of my Z10

If there are others out there looking for a Defender alternative consider the Case mate Tough Case

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:21 PM
    I would consider the incipio dual case it's amazing its like the commuter but thinner

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:22 PM
    I went for the Ballistic Shell Gel SG case. Sounds like Otterbox messed up by not offering the Commuter case for Z10.
    05-12-13 09:45 PM
    I went for the Ballistic Shell Gel SG case. Sounds like Otterbox messed up by not offering the Commuter case for Z10.
    I got the ballistic case for my PB. Looks a little "Industrial design" to me when compared to Otterbox Defender case for PB initially but it just works great. What stopped me from getting a Ballistic for Z10 is I don't know how to carry it. It has no holster and I reckon the rubber corners will make it difficult to slide into pocket an could be lint magnet. Does it bother you in actual use?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:25 AM
    Well if they said no then they fall in my "They Suck" list.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    angieberry10 and Mazokun like this.
    05-13-13 05:24 AM
    I recently got an incipio dual pro case and love it. Had a cheap no name hybrid that worked well, but it got on my nerves...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:27 AM
    For someone who works in an heavy duty environment the Defender is alright (but has many issues with swiping) but the Commuter was always my favorite.

medicdon
    05-13-13 06:45 AM
    I have the Defender for when I am working around the yard and around the house... I've had no issues with swiping or anything at all... My daily driver and favorite case is the BlackBerry Transform case though!
    05-13-13 06:48 AM
    I got the incepio case from T Mobile. It works well. I do want to get a case with a front cover. Iv got the zagg hd and it dents so easy without some sort of secondary case protecting it.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:54 AM
    I got the ballistic case for my PB. Looks a little "Industrial design" to me when compared to Otterbox Defender case for PB initially but it just works great. What stopped me from getting a Ballistic for Z10 is I don't know how to carry it. It has no holster and I reckon the rubber corners will make it difficult to slide into pocket an could be lint magnet. Does it bother you in actual use?

Although the Ballistic case is slightly larger than the Commuter, due mainly to the rounded corners, it's slimmer than the Defender. I am still able to carry it in my front left pocket. A slimmer alternative is the i - Blason Armadillo.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:03 AM
    Thanks for the info dude. I've been holding out for the commuter case for a while. Now that I know Otterbox won't release one then I'm going to go buy a case ASAP. Too bad though, I've always thought that the company had the best cases in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    05-13-13 07:46 AM