Now it's been a year that I have my Z10 phone because this stupid problem that blackberry cannot solve. When I get a call from an existing name and number in my contact list, the number is shown (no country code) but the name no! When I get a text from the same caller I see the name because the number is saved in full format. So to solve this problem I have to save the same number twice, with and without country code to make my stupid Z10 show the caller ID on both ways.
    Even the cheapest Chinese mobile device doesn't have this problem, I looked all the web since a year and contacted blackberry since 10.0 till 10.2 and what they say is wait for the new OS release!
    I mean for God sake you can't solve such a problem and you wonder why your sales are getting low! A lot of people are just like me suffering with this and very frustrated because of the money spent on these stupid phones.

A very frustrated Z10 user

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    01-16-14 09:48 AM
    I feel your pain. Mine does the same thing. In one case, if the person is in my contact list, the name and photo shows but on some nothing. I've seen some phones where ANY number calling shows who it is. That might be a service provider caller ID feature however.

donpino likes this.
    01-16-14 09:54 AM
    Are there any similarities between the contacts this is happening with? For example, do their numbers all begin with the same country code? How is your Smart Dialing set up?

No caller ID for incoming calls on my Z10 !-frustrated-!-img_20140116_095921.png

Does it have the same country code as those numbers? If so, you can either change that setting or just save those numbers without the country code entirely - there's no need to have it if it's the same as yours.

Posted via CB10
    donpino likes this.
    01-16-14 10:04 AM
    Are there any similarities between the contacts this is happening with? For example, do their numbers all begin with the same country code? How is your Smart Dialing set up?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140116_095921.png 
Views:	598 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	239119

Does it have the same country code as those numbers? If so, you can either change that setting or just save those numbers without the country code entirely - there's no need to have it if it's the same as yours.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for this, the problem is when I save them without country code, apps such "what's app" cannot recognize the number. Hehe I'm in deep problem LOL

01-16-14 11:00 AM
    Same problem with my Z30, also Z10 and other BB 10 devices. I can't even find smart dialing in my Z30. This is very frustrating.
    06-02-14 03:46 AM
    Now it's been a year that I have my Z10 phone because this stupid problem that blackberry cannot solve. When I get a call from an existing name and number in my contact list, the number is shown (no country code) but the name no! When I get a text from the same caller I see the name because the number is saved in full format. So to solve this problem I have to save the same number twice, with and without country code to make my stupid Z10 show the caller ID on both ways.
    Even the cheapest Chinese mobile device doesn't have this problem, I looked all the web since a year and contacted blackberry since 10.0 till 10.2 and what they say is wait for the new OS release!
    I mean for God sake you can't solve such a problem and you wonder why your sales are getting low! A lot of people are just like me suffering with this and very frustrated because of the money spent on these stupid phones.

To be fair, unless you specify the country code, the same number may very well be used by multiple people in multiple countries, each of which only differed in the country code.

You don't want to be caught in surprise when you assume that a phone number is universally unique.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-02-14 03:58 AM

Hi everybody i found the solution to my problem : I took the the sim out and opened my phone without sim i found #smart dialing option right there in my phone app > settings . I had my country code wrong and area code missing . I also mentioned the length of phone no. In my country china ( i.e 11 by the way ) and voila it worked. After i inserted sim things became normal as in my other phones
    07-13-14 01:19 AM