BIS was my number one positive attribute for owning a Blackberry. Sorry, but without BIS I ask the question: What is the real advantage to the Z10 and BB10. What sets it apart from Apple and Android and don't give me that "laggy" cr^p, there is nothing slow about the S3 I used.

I have been a long time user of this forum and been using BB likely, before some of you were even born! I just do not see what sets the new Blackberry device ahead of my current phone? I was forced to leave BB and go to the iPhone, iTouch and iPad when ever single 9900 died one after one. Not a week would go by when we were not at AT&T getting one of our Bolds replaced. At a certin point, I made the choice to jump. IOS is not magic but it works well and keeps all of my devices synced with each other. Apps, I use very few, it is really that the OS just works!

Sorry to vent here but I have used the BB back to the 950 days and am very unhappy at what Blackberry has become. I see the loss of BIS as a cost saving feature for Blackberry and if so, this mean it will disappear even for the users of older model devices.

Why would Blackberry choose to kill BIS?
    Sim_1, artie, PFman and 3 others like this.
    03-24-13 05:39 AM
    Seriously man? Another thread on this?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:43 AM
    I am afraid so. I went to the AT&T store yesterday and spent over two hours with the AT&T Z10 and could not bring myself to buy it. Sorry, hate to be repetitive, but I have not seen a good answer and except "loyalty to Blackberry". That does seem to be good enough for most here. Guess that is a good reason for some but not me and I am afraid not for most others.
    03-24-13 05:47 AM
    Seriously man? Another thread on this?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-24-13 05:47 AM
    I am afraid so. I went to the AT&T store yesterday and spent over two hours with the AT&T Z10 and could ot bring myself to buy it. Sorry, hate to be repetitive, but have no seen a good answer and except "loyalty to Blackberry". That does seem to be good enough for most here. Guess that is a good reason for some but not me and I am afraid not for most others.
    Then leave?
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-24-13 05:48 AM
    I am afraid so. I went to the AT&T store yesterday and spent over two hours with the AT&T Z10 and could ot bring myself to buy it. Sorry, hate to be repetitive, but have no seen a good answer and except "loyalty to Blackberry". That does seem to be good enough for most here. Guess that is a good reason for some but not me and I am afraid not for most others.
    If it's not for you then fine but there are others it is for. My initial comment holds. This is a waste of a thread that seems to only provoke argument and back and forth flaming. You made the choice to outfit yourself with idevices and mind they work for you. That's great. I'm happy for you. But to come and create a thread to simply say that you've gone Apple and don't see the value of the Z10 is ridiculous and redundant. The lack of BIS does not affect you so why should you give a damn.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, shaleem, sf49ers and 8 others like this.
    03-24-13 05:54 AM
    BIS was my number one positive attribute for owning a Blackberry. Sorry, but without BIS I ask the question: What is the real advantage to the Z10 and BB10. What sets it apart from Apple and Android and don't give me that "laggy" cr^p, there is nothing slow about the S3 I used.

I have been a long time user of this forum and been using BB likely, before some of you were even born! I just do not see what sets the new Blackberry device ahead of my current phone? I was forced to leave BB and go to the iPhone, iTouch and iPad when ever single 9900 died one after one. Not a week would go by when we were not at AT&T getting one of our Bolds replaced. At a certin point, I made the choice to jump. IOS is not magic but it works well and keeps all of my devices synced with each other. Apps, I use very few, it is really that the OS just works!

Sorry to vent here but I have used the BB back to the 950 days and am very unhappy at what Blackberry has become. I see the loss of BIS as a cost saving feature for Blackberry and if so, this mean it will disappear even for the users of older model devices.

Why would Blackberry choose to kill BIS?
    Try security for example - apple has repeatedly demonstrated that they have no idea how to produce a secure product.
    Take reliability - my BlackBerry have been very reliable, including my BlackBerry 9900.

Android also cannot claim to be secure, though it can possibly score better than the apple stuff if set up correctly with a lot of effort. (which might mean designing your own OS based on the published open source components)

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-24-13 05:57 AM
    If it's not for you then fine but there are others it is for. My initial comment holds. This is a waste of a thread that seems to only provoke argument and back and forth flaming. That's great. I'm happy for you. The lack of BIS does not affect you so why should you give a damn.
    Holy crap! Well, I guess if the kook-aid drinkers can leap down the throat of someone with 4500+ posts here, someone who is as much a Blackberry supporter and fan as anyone, it basically tells you all you need to know.

Totally pathetic. The guy honestly states what many are thinking and gets flamed for it.
    03-24-13 06:10 AM
    Holy crap! Well, I guess if the kook-aid drinkers can leap down the throat of someone with 4500+ posts here, someone who is as much a Blackberry supporter and fan as anyone, it basically tells you all you need to know.

Totally pathetic. The guy honestly states what so many are thinking and gets flamed for it.
    The fact that he has so many posts does not change the fact that this thread is yet another of the same "What? No BIS? " threads that have been posted many times over the last few months. I'm in no way saying he is wrong or right. His opinion is his and there are many existing threads to join and share in.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:16 AM

Totally pathetic. The guy honestly states what many are thinking and gets flamed for it.
    He is not getting flamed for anything because this topic has been beaten to death already. He needs to stick to the iphone and leave the BlackBerry forums.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:21 AM
    I'm in no way saying he is wrong or right.
    Actually, that's exactly what you just said. You said he was wrong for citing lack of BIS as a factor that affects him. You said...

The lack of BIS does not affect you so why should you give a damn.
    That's the thing about flaming people. It feels good to a certain type of person, but you need to be real careful about it, lest the flamethrower suddenly gets turned around.
    MERCDROID, asendi and blackmoe like this.
    03-24-13 06:26 AM
    But why not just add to one of the existing discussions instead of starting a whole new thread?
    kbz1960 and mousky like this.
    03-24-13 06:26 AM
    @greggebhardt
    The Problem is, they let complete fell the whole BIS thing under the Table. I dont like this too. But, Android, or iOS is no choice for me. I will give the z10 a try and wait 2years, what happend in the future OS front. Maybe then we have more alternatives.
    03-24-13 06:32 AM
    You sound like you complain about everything.
    03-24-13 06:43 AM
    Actually, that's exactly what you just said. You said he was wrong for citing lack of BIS as a factor that affects him. You said...

That's the thing about flaming people. It feels good to a certain type of person, but you need to be real careful about it, lest the flamethrower suddenly gets turned around.
    Ok man. He said he went to iproducts, therefore it does not affect him. The lack of it is not what prompted him to change platforms in the first place.

I am not flaming, nor do I think the op needs you to come running to his aid. He is not a child and may appreciate the fact that the points I made may actually hold water. He, and you, may choose to disagree but I, as well, can choose to show how I disagree.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:44 AM
    I wish they would ditch the BIS requirement for the older BB devices as well,
    03-24-13 06:45 AM
    In all these replies - did anyone answer his question about BIS?

Maybe a FAQ is needed?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:51 AM
    I am not flaming, nor do I think the op needs you to come running to his aid. 0
    I'm not posting in this thread to aid the OP. I don't care about the OP. it just makes me sick how no one can make a legitimate point about the Z10 without a fanboi leaping down his throat.

I'm not going to belabour the fact that I'm on record as a BB fan and a Z10 fan. It's way more phone than any other smartphone v 1.0 has been. There are problems with the phone just like there are problems with every new piece of complicated tech. Talking about them is okay. Blackberry has made bad decisions in the past. Discussing whether a current decision is bad is okay.

That is all.
    Last edited by mset; 03-24-13 at 07:04 AM.
    03-24-13 06:53 AM

I have been a long time user of this forum and been using BB likely, before some of you were even born!
    ... and yet you were unaware that this subject has been discussed at great length in various threads, or couldn't do a search to see if it was being discussed somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I am no "Use The Search " fanatic. When one has over 4600 posts though?

Sorry, I have to call just deliberately stirring the sh!t on this one.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:54 AM
    I'm not posting in this thread to aid the OP. I don't care about the OP. it just makes me sick how no one can make a legitimate point about the Z10 without a fanboi leaping down his throat.

I'm not going to belabour the fact that I'm on record as a BB fan and a Z10 fan. It's way more phone than any other smartphone v 1.0 has been. There are problems with the phone just like there are problems with every piece of complicated tech. Talking about them is okay. Blackberry has made bad decisions in the past. Discussing whether a current decision is bad is okay.

That is all.
    Good grief. I'm not a fan boy and I did not jump down his throat. My second post may have been a bit aggressive but the facts hold true.

Discussion is great and there are many many threads on this topic to choose from hence my original post.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:58 AM
    BIS isn't what keeps most people. Its usually bbm,email and just flat out liking a brand. Apple people do it, samsung people do it, so why can't someone support the brand that they've used for years?

To the op my reason to stay with  with no bis when my UG is ready. I have never had a real issue with my phones.

Yes android and ios have more apps blah blah blah but having a nexus7 and a iphone 4 from work and my 9900 I'm just ready to try a different os. Just seems to be that my brand of preference is making that os.

Keeping the NOC and BIS service is a target on their back if it were to ever go down again. Bb10 is a new face of BlackBerry. If it goes down again leaving people without BIS services the media will portray that as "same old BlackBerry" problems.

Sent from my game boy color
    03-24-13 07:00 AM
    What's wrong with posting in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=780923

Or this one http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=766873

I'm sure more people would help people if they wouldn't create tons of the same thread

Posted via CB10
    web99, Spawn12 and shupor like this.
    03-24-13 07:02 AM
    I think we should start a poll and see just how many people would want bis back.
    Spawn12 and ssbtech like this.
    03-24-13 07:02 AM
    In in interview on another Site I heard Thor saying that the goal is it bring BIS to bb10 and over time phase out the legacy os devices so for now, just enjoy bb10 for what it is. If it's not for you then it's not for you.
    03-24-13 07:03 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more Rob,

If this has been answered to death then give him his answer and done, it's like as soon as you mention anything "i" related you have to deal with people jumping at you
    03-24-13 07:06 AM
574 123 ...