Hi all,
    New to this community. Been a long time iOS user and have also dabbled with Android. Decided it was time for a change and traded my Android device for the BB Z10. Only my 2nd full day with the device and love it so far.

I ran into a fairly annoying issue last night that I'd like to see if you all can help me. I get paged from my work fairly regularly during the wee hours of the night for systems issues. I am using BeBuzz to manage notifications and have my texts set to play a sound and vibrate. I did not turn this feature off when I went to bed last night. Of course, I received a text in the middle of the night, but there was no sound ... the phone just vibrated. I was fortunate enough to hear it but it won't be the case every time.

Anyone have any idea why my phone didn't make a sound? I didn't switch the phone to night mode (or whatever it's called). It was working fine before that. Is there a hidden feature somewhere that I need to update to have things audible all the time unless I turn if off?

Excited to be using BB10.

Thanks all.
    05-07-13 03:25 PM
    Such a great Wall of text for just one sms?
    Reboot the device, that'll most likely solve it.
    05-07-13 03:32 PM
    it was just one single text in the middle of the night. i even checked my setting on bebuzz and it was set to audible as expected. hopefully, it's not a recurring issue.
    05-07-13 04:01 PM
    Have you used a sound saved on your memory card, I had an instance where my memory card somehow got disconnected and the alarm didn't go off, no default sound to replace the customized tone like the old BBOS

I would save and set any ringtones or tones on the device for use. Hope this solves your issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:09 PM
    Thanks for the heads up on the card. My sound should be on the device itself. I downloaded the sound prior to installing the sdcard. I am just hoping this is a fluke bc I do get paged often at night and have hear it.
    05-07-13 04:15 PM