I'm a loyal blackberry user and love the NEW Z10 but, for those that are new users on the OS10 device such, as myself, I wanted to inquire if there is free or courtesy technical/customer support from Blackberry.

I understand that Blackberry has some useful information via their knowledge base articles on the website however, it's proving insufficient with the wealth of changes in this OS. I know other manufacturers such, as Apple provide 90 day courtesy customer support from the date of purchase (without Apple care) and Samsung provides free technical support whether in/out of warranty.

I was a little disappointed to find that Blackberry has not thought to include this for their new launch. After all, with re-introduction and re-invention there is still a lot to prove to your customers. I find myself defending Blackberry and urging friends and family not to get frustrated with the learning curve but, if i'm honest- a few have, decided that an exchange for your rival devices may be in order. Help me to help you Blackberry, offer some sort of 'Blackberry care' package and provide customers with 30, 60 or 90 day support. Avoid product returns and encourage a culture of end to end support for this device.

I'm rooting for your comeback; work it out!
    02-21-13 09:30 PM
    You can download the BlackBerry Z10 User Guide to learn about many of the features. And read the articles on this forum for day-to-day usage tips and tricks.
    02-21-13 10:16 PM
    The hole point around this comment is "Why does Blackberry not have a 30, 60 or 90 day support" where as the other manufacturers do...
    Last edited by MrcleMakn; 02-21-13 at 11:53 PM.
    02-21-13 11:33 PM
    So, you wrote that entire post but didn't even mention what problems you're having? You must have lots of time on your hands.

Your post seems very familiar, it follows a very similar script to other posts on crackberry outlining other complaints. Did yourself and the rest of them go to the same school of complaint writing?

By the way, every BlackBerry comes with a fantastic help app built right into it. It even links you to videos!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 11:45 PM
    So, you wrote that entire post but didn't even mention what problems you're having? You must have lots of time on your hands.

Your post seems very familiar, it follows a very similar script to other posts on crackberry outlining other complaints. Did yourself and the rest of them go to the same school of complaint writing?

By the way, every BlackBerry comes with a fantastic help app built right into it. It even links you to videos!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Also if you bought the phone from a carrier, you can contact the carrier for support if you like. Samsung & HTC Canada would both tell me to contact Rogers if i needed tech support help. So really i do not see where the OP is coming from. Apple is the ONLY Manufacturer i know in Canada that allows 90 day phone tech support unless you buy Apple care.

Also to the OP, please point out the problems you are having..
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-21-13 11:50 PM
    You can download the BlackBerry Z10 User Guide to learn about many of the features.
    This is a useless response. The whole point is that the phone is exhibiting lots of unexpected behaviours and there are a million little things to get sorted out. The manual is less than useless because none of these little problems, which by the way are totally understandable in a brand new OS, are even considered in the manual.

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that there is no phone support for the first xx days at BBRY! I didn't know that.
    02-22-13 12:18 AM
    Telus offered a free 'training session' for Z10 buyers. The phone isn't exactly rocket science, so a carrier-provided session, plus the documentation provided by Blackberry should be enough to learn the basics.
    02-22-13 12:22 AM
    Telus offered a free 'training session' for Z10 buyers. The phone isn't exactly rocket science, so a carrier-provided session, plus the documentation provided by Blackberry should be enough to learn the basics.
    Agreed. People think every manufactorer / company should do what Apple does. In all reality tho its not needed. You get a manual with the phone. You can go online if you have any issues. You contact the carrier if you need help / issues.

3 options right there. You can also contact BlackBerry but most reps may not want to help. This is a known issue with Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Blackberry & Sony,
    02-22-13 12:27 AM
    Well some carriers are better than others when it comes to device tech support. Verizon (my carrier) is usually pretty good. I don't think I ever even assumed I could call RIM directly and get them to hold my hand over my Bold 9650. Can't remember if I've ever tried.

When I had questions a couple of months ago about how to configure data services on a friend's Torch (AT&T), we called the carrier and then when they couldn't answer the question they got someone from RIM involved who got involved in the call and answered the question.

(Turns out the Torch has a weird idiosyncracy where if you turn off cellular data services (I forget what the exact menu option was called), it won't connect over WiFi either. (She has an old inexpensive grandfathered plan with no data services, I wanted to update her device OS and download some apps without taking the risk of incurring crazy per-kb data charges. I'd long ago turned off cellular data services, little did I realize that it breaks WiFi too.)
    02-22-13 12:53 AM
    They still warranty the device. So just call the carrier.
    02-22-13 01:40 AM
    They do offer tech support and not just for 30, 60 or 90 days.

I'm not sure what country you are in so here are few of their numbers:

Canada 1-877-255-2377 (toll free) or 1-647-426-1108
    US 1-877-255-2377 (toll free) or 1-647-426-110
    UK 0800 096 2201
    02-22-13 02:11 AM