I've searched for help with the 99% install problem, but, to no avail. The wifi download goes fine. Am also having battery heating and occasional random reboots. I love this phone, but I'm growing weary....

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:48 AM
    Can you give a little more info? You're sure to get a few suggestions here.

What model Z10 do you have (STL100-?)?
    Is this an official update over-the-air?
    Have you tried connecting to BB Link and running the update that way?
    And, perhaps most important -- Did you back-up your device before updating?
    05-03-14 08:22 AM
    i have the "3", it was over-the-air update, and I guess i'll have to buy a computer to do the other stuff. Thanks for replying, though. I'm thinking that there are issues that are beyond my scope to deal with. I have seen nothing in the forums that are helpful, either. Will go to att today and see what options they offer, if any. Thanks again....

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:03 AM
    One thing you can try that doesn't need a PC... a device reboot. (Not a battery pull!)
    With the device powered on, press and hold both the volume up/down keys until the device powers down, powers up, and you see the blue startup animation. Ignore the "screen shot" warning.

Then, give it a couple of minutes before using it again. This theortetically clears the temp cache and possibly a background process that was working overtime. Just like rebooting a PC.
    wolffkrieger likes this.
    05-03-14 10:13 AM
    ok, tried that and pushed the "check for new software "button and it passed the 2.1 download and went straight to installing the software, only there is nothing to install as it is just sitting there at 0. also, the back of the phone is heating up...

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD