Gents,
    Thanks for the flames.
    You're welcome. Thanks for the misleading title and extremely rational (sarcasm) rant on the Z10 based *mostly* on carrier error.

I acknowledge that the 1st half of my post was a Rogers rant due to frustration but I am undecided on the Z10 at this time -
    Why did you feel the need to include it then?

It does some things very well and some extremely awkwardly. The Bold 9900 was great, the Torch was great, Jury's still out on this one.
    So basically...you assumed that a few days of using the Z10 will cause it to morph into a keyboard-touchscreen hybrid phone? It is clear you miss having a physical keyboard

Why does it take 3 taps and multiple screens to delete an email?
    2 taps, and one screen. 1)Tap and hold the email, 2)tap delete. The reason is because it doesn't have a physical delete key. How else did you expect them to make it 1 tap delete? A hovering delete key above everything else on the screen regardless of what you're doing?

Why is there no agenda view in calendar?
    There is an "agenda view" go to the hub, and swipe down (ie swipe all the way to the top of your hub, and keep trying to go up past that. Your nearest events [agenda] will show up)

Why have they killed the cable synch? I'm a non-enterprise user and the calendar synch has become stupidly awkward.
    Cables are the past. Actually, syncing in general is slowly being phased out. Phones are becoming more and more self sufficient, and many people use them independently of a computer.

Why did they screw up and merge Tasks and Notes into Remember? These are separate functions
    No, they're not. The idea is to have a more powerful tasks app, and I think they've accomplished that pretty well for a first iteration. I have no doubt that there will be future updates with more functionality. Be thankful, Android has no task management app whatsoever.

With a few minor tweaks, the Z10 could be phenomenal - it isn't there yet. This isn't anti-RIM or anti-Z10 - this is hoping that these guys actually take note and make it better.
    You start off by calling it a "nightmare" (mostly due to your lack of research and unrealistic expectations - ie a magically appearing physical keyboard) and now you're saying it just needs a few tweaks? Yea, that's definitely not anti-Z10, alright.
    02-26-13 08:51 PM
    Vote for most misleading Z10 thread title of all time?
    02-26-13 08:51 PM
    Why does it take 3 taps and multiple screens to delete an email?.
    It doesn't. Hold on the email, select the trash can at the bottom of the screen and confirm. One screen.

Why is there no agenda view in calendar?.
    There is. On the "Day" view, tap the ^ arrow at the top of the screen and select Agenda.

Why have they killed the cable synch? I'm a non-enterprise user and the calendar synch has become stupidly awkward.
    Very first update, which is said to be released within the next couple weeks, is promised to improve the USB sync issues some are having. I personally have not had these issues.

*edit* - Hey, my 500th post...I've just graduated from an 'Abuser" to an "Addict"
    02-26-13 08:55 PM
    Anyone know if Trojan has a fan website, so I can go and complain about the OP's mom not using one?
    Uh. Shouldn't the Dad have used it and not the Mom?
    02-26-13 08:56 PM

it doesnt 1 hold email 2 hit delete, turn off delete confirmation if thats your thing to save a tap

kinda is under the month view.. but ya

Why have they killed the cable synch? I'm a non-enterprise user and the calendar synch has become stupidly awkward
    true

new phone = new problems
    i rather have the z10 with flaws then not have it
    02-26-13 08:58 PM
    Uh. Shouldn't the Dad have used it and not the Mom?
    You're assuming a heterosexual husband and wife. LOL
    02-26-13 09:58 PM
    Wpcentral, imore, and android central get these type of posts all the time.
    spyeagle likes this.
    02-26-13 10:03 PM
    Another email deleting tip: to delete more than one at a time, hold on one email till side options pop up. Scroll down and click select more.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-26-13 at 10:56 PM.
    bungaboy and Juango94 like this.
    02-26-13 10:33 PM
    Gents,
    Thanks for the flames. - Sorry, crackberry folks are a bit passionate and easily get tired of seeing the same posts over and over again. The info is out there and sometimes they get rude telling you this
    I acknowledge that the 1st half of my post was a Rogers rant due to frustration but I am undecided on the Z10 at this time - Okay...
    It does some things very well and some extremely awkwardly. The Bold 9900 was great, the Torch was great, Jury's still out on this one. - This is a new OS and new experience. Some things are finely polished in BB10, others will need work. For the first release of an OS, I think its amazing. You want to see bugs? Look at any first launch - Windows 3.0, Mac System 1.0 (up to 4.0 even sucked major balls).. First iPhone was a joke... First Android was a joke... Everything is relative sir. Where we are may not be great but you need to look at where we have come to see where we are going.
    Why does it take 3 taps and multiple screens to delete an email? - Long tap the message, tap delete? I'm happy... Q10 will likely have a dedicated delete button if you are that passionate about deleting stuff...
    Why is there no agenda view in calendar? - Click day view, tap arrow at the top of the screen, tap Adgenda. Not exactly the same as BBOS Adgenda view, but its probably a work in progress...
    Why have they killed the cable synch? I'm a non-enterprise user and the calendar synch has become stupidly awkward. - This depends on a few things, but yes they ditched cable sync with Outlook because seriously who the **** wants to sit down, open a bunch of apps and shove a cable into their phone every time they make an apointment they want on their phone. Wireless sync is something you need to adapt to because its what most people need to keep on top of things these days. Most smart phones have been doing things this way for a while. Maybe you should look into getting a gmail account. The email sync has been really great for me
    Why did they screw up and merge Tasks and Notes into Remember? These are separate functions - Why does it need to be? Okay, so now your notes have a check box beside them... Distracting maybe but its still totally usable. I have a folder for general one liner tasks or to dos. Another folder is for notes.
    With a few minor tweaks, the Z10 could be phenomenal - it isn't there yet. This isn't anti-RIM or anti-Z10 - this is hoping that these guys actually take note and make it better. - I agree, it isn't there yet but I feel its still on par for where I wanted it to be at launch. I can almost 100% promise you they are listening, taking notes and will improve it. Do you seriously think they figure this is good enough? I feel bad for the flames above but honestly a bit of research and patience is sometimes best.
    See above in red. I like how others have been breaking this up and replying more but... too late now haha
    02-26-13 10:35 PM
    It's interesting that there are BB7 owners that make the switch to the BB10 OS, and are surprised/shocked/disappointed that it doesn't do things like the old phone! Guessing many of these BB users must not have owned a PlayBook before getting the Z10. Things like auto on/off suddenly not being there like BB 'forgot' to put it in, is straight from the PB OS and it is great. I use the PB as my alarm clock and can't remember the last time that I actually powered it off.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 10:57 PM
    So...he Z10 is a nightmare because your carrier supplied you with the wrong sim card? Sounds legit.

As for battery life, if you did a search before posting this useless topic, you would've realized that most people (myself included) reported battery life increasing after a few days of use, possibly due to the phone indexing files and such the first few days.
    Supposedly using sd card that is not formated by blackberry z10 drains battery big times.Formating sd card with z10 supposedly increases dramatically battery life. I yet to try it

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    bungaboy and Juango94 like this.
    02-26-13 11:23 PM
    Way to make fun of a frustrated user, people. This is what makes Crackberry such a wonderful community. *sigh*

As for the post limit, I agree! I mean, I am a "CrackBerry Abuser" yet have never owned a blackberry in my life. According to you all, this is person who has owned Blackberries in the past is less qualified to post than me! Awesome idea! *rolls eyes*
    I agree with you. Seems okay to bash and make fun of people (frustrated or not) but not a Blackberry device. Yes I agree with a post limit before starting a new thread. Kill_9's post was professional and above the high school rhetoric. Yes, Kevin should limit all users with 3 rude posts and then ban future posts.
    02-26-13 11:25 PM
    Trash threads like this are to frequent and just setting a bad tone in the forum. Crackberry got to limit new comers opening threads otherwise come US launch nothing but misguided ***** threads will happen.Crackberry need to change the rules to 15-20 post before opening threads that way search button can get used.Otherwise this place is gonna be a mess.
    +1. Mods, please take note. Would cut down on a lot of the rubbish here.
    02-27-13 05:24 AM
    It seems that trolling has started big time

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and spyeagle like this.
    02-27-13 05:36 AM
    Gents,
    Thanks for the flames.
    <SNIP>
    I'm not sure what outcome you were expecting, this being your first post? Noise begets noise. The CB crowd is exceptionally helpful to people actually looking for help, frustrated users or otherwise.

Most of the other questions have been answered by other posters, however you can also see your daily agenda in the Hub, simply drag down. It will show your current day and next day calendar entries. Far more convenient than opening the calendar app.

The Z10 isn't quite perfect yet, but it's a really solid start and once BlackBerry irons out the wrinkles this will be one amazing phone.
    bungaboy and stillpointworks like this.
    02-27-13 05:46 AM
    No use reiterating everyone's posts but many Z10 users are not giving the device a chance and come to conclusions without experiencing and experimenting with the device. There are many short cuts, quicker views on more information. And it works very fast. Give it a chance. As to the device's battery, I listened to the initial views on these forums went out and bought an additional battery. Waste of money. My battery is now working at least as long as my previous battery. At least I have a back-up, although it's in the car somewhere.
    02-27-13 06:10 AM
    I don't understand a lot of these "battery complaints" - they don't seem to make any sense. My z10 battery lasts 16 hours, which I think is pretty decent for an 1800mAh full-screen, touch-screen smartphone. lol.

Unless these "users" are trying to compare the battery life against their old small-screen, totally different animal, older generation Blackberry's?

I'm sure at some point, we'll see extra-capacity batteries, for the z10, down the road, just like you do Android phones.
    semperfi45 and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-13 08:01 AM
    The thing about limiting by post count is this: a lot of people can lurk in a forum for years without ever even registering. I was reading crackberry for two years before I bothered to create an account - I didn't need to. Certainly I can understand a long-time lurker getting excited about the z10, buying it, getting frustrated with it - and the only reasonable place to vent that frustration is here.

Ridiculing them and dismissing their claims as trolls just makes them more frustrated, and the rest of us look bad. If you think it's a troll - fine! Don't feed the troll and move on - the thread will drop out of sight soon enough. But it's very likely that many of these frustrated posts are real - even if you don't agree with what they say, or want to hear what they say.
    02-27-13 08:17 AM
    The thing about limiting by post count is this: a lot of people can lurk in a forum for years without ever even registering. I was reading crackberry for two years before I bothered to create an account - I didn't need to. Certainly I can understand a long-time lurker getting excited about the z10, buying it, getting frustrated with it - and the only reasonable place to vent that frustration is here.

Ridiculing them and dismissing their claims as trolls just makes them more frustrated, and the rest of us look bad. If you think it's a troll - fine! Don't feed the troll and move on - the thread will drop out of sight soon enough. But it's very likely that many of these frustrated posts are real - even if you don't agree with what they say, or want to hear what they say.
    Forums with these kind of restrictions still have a new users forum for them to complain in or seek help that helpful lovely people will haunt. But at least those helpful lovely people will be able to expose themselves to rubbish by choice and in their own time.
    02-27-13 09:48 AM
    Op? Why blame BlackBerry. Misleading thread. Should be closed.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 10:19 AM
    Ugh - First World Problems.

My latte was cold this morning too - what a nightmare.

Too bad about those people without homes, medicine, food or clean water, eh?

-Chris-
    semperfi45 and spyeagle like this.
    02-27-13 10:24 AM
    Way to make fun of a frustrated user, people. This is what makes Crackberry such a wonderful community. *sigh*
    People are definitely on edge after having to put up with a lot of crap about the phone they use (some deserved, some not), but you have to admit, the title was baiting and asking for it. It wasn't "Nightmare with Rogers so far - not impressed" after all.

And yeah, there are trolls who come in here with 2 posts and say, "I'm a lifelong fan, but everything sucks in every way and I'm going over to _____"

As for the post limit, I agree! I mean, I am a "CrackBerry Abuser" yet have never owned a blackberry in my life. According to you all, this is person who has owned Blackberries in the past is less qualified to post than me! Awesome idea! *rolls eyes*
    Well, one does have to wonder why you are here? :-)
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 11:10 AM
    Just fishing troll
    02-27-13 11:19 AM
    Why did they screw up and merge Tasks and Notes into Remember? These are separate functions
    With a few minor tweaks, the Z10 could be phenomenal - it isn't there yet. This isn't anti-RIM or anti-Z10 - this is hoping that these guys actually take note and make it better.
    Give it some more time and read some more. I just deleted three emails with three swipes and 4 taps from one screen. It's a different paradigm but once you get the hang of it it's brilliant and simple.
    semperfi45 and EsJayDee like this.
    02-27-13 11:24 AM
    Nor do I. My Z 10 battery hasn't given me any problems at all (that weren't user caused). I do recharge every night, however, when I first got the Z 10 I let it run down and I'm sure I good performance. It has taken me longer to get up to speed with the Z 10 than other Blackberry phones I've had, but that is OK with me. I'm very happy with the Z 10.

I don't understand a lot of these "battery complaints" - they don't seem to make any sense. My z10 battery lasts 16 hours, which I think is pretty decent for an 1800mAh full-screen, touch-screen smartphone. lol.

Unless these "users" are trying to compare the battery life against their old small-screen, totally different animal, older generation Blackberry's?

I'm sure at some point, we'll see extra-capacity batteries, for the z10, down the road, just like you do Android phones.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 11:29 AM
103 1234 ...