I received my Z10 from Rogers on Feb 6 - loaded it up & left for Europe for 10 days. Day 2, I started getting the message "Sim card not recognized" - Spent a week in Switzerland without a phone and was only able to get email when connected to the hotel's wifi.
    Back a week ago, spent a good portion of the day on the line with Rogers - they tried a number of fixes and wiped the device, nothing worked, Rogers couriered me out a new Z10. New device arrived on Friday, couriered the first one back, reloaded data, Sim card not recognized. Online help not available - "higher volume of calls than normal" - gave up in disgust.
    Went to the Rogers store Saturday morning - Rogers had shipped the wrong Sim card with the first device - ie a non LTE card that does not work with the Blackberry - Rogers replaced the card (but wanted to charge me for it and it would have been some consolation had they been apologetic but they weren't) - Data loaded, Damn thing finally works.

Until today - Z10 is currently dead because battery ran out - dreaded flashing yellow/green/red light. I religiously plug in my BBerry overnight every night - Surely to god this thing should have enough battery life to get through a single work day. It doesn't appear to be significantly charging with the ac cord that came with it and trying to charge directly off a usb hub is hopeless.
    I have been a hardcore Blackberry user for years. Not impressed. Not happy with the wireless synch only or with the elimination of Blackberry Travel- My Bold 9900 was a much more functional with far greater battery life - Come on RIM - Figure it out.
    02-26-13 05:37 PM
    So...he Z10 is a nightmare because your carrier supplied you with the wrong sim card? Sounds legit.

As for battery life, if you did a search before posting this useless topic, you would've realized that most people (myself included) reported battery life increasing after a few days of use, possibly due to the phone indexing files and such the first few days.
    jesse_h, kcdist, V22 and 43 others like this.
    02-26-13 05:39 PM
    So...he Z10 is a nightmare because your carrier supplied you with the wrong sim card? Sounds legit.

As for battery life, if you did a search before posting this useless topic, you would've realized that most people (myself included) reported battery life increasing after a few days of use, possibly due to the phone indexing files and such the first few days.
    +1
    02-26-13 05:41 PM
    The battery does suck big time this is last straw for me I am a faifull blackberry user but Z 10 will not make the day
    02-26-13 05:52 PM
    The battery does suck big time this is last straw for me I am a faifull blackberry user but Z 10 will not make the day
    You joined this site just to post this? LOL

How long have you had the phone for? The battery life on the Z10 is on par with the best smartphones these days, and definitely better than the average (ex. Nexus 4) Android crap
    02-26-13 05:54 PM

this!!!!... holy misleading thread..... should have been "rogers screwed me over. but its blackberries fault.".
    02-26-13 05:56 PM
    While I can understand your frustration, this sounds like more of a Rogers nightmare than Z10 one? Many Canadians can completely relate to that.
    Two Battery Tips:
    1. Sorry if you already know this but, make sure you see the lightning bolt over the battery meter when charging. I learned this the hard way. It seems to take a few days before the charger fits properly
    2. Charge phone fully and let it die Do this three times. It makes a world of difference.
    Hopefully your nightmare will end soon.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-26-13 at 06:15 PM.
    EsJayDee, meganVee and jayemmbee like this.
    02-26-13 06:04 PM
    lol @ op ... I ran out of gas once. Come on Honda. Figure it out.
    omarha, RECOOL, skrewball and 46 others like this.
    02-26-13 06:09 PM
    Also BlackBerry Travel is coming to BB10: there's a thread here about it

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...coming-772967/
    bungaboy, jesse_h and maddie1128 like this.
    02-26-13 06:20 PM
    Fully discharge the battery until it automatically shuts down the BlackBerry Z10; recharge the battery using the wall adapter and leave the device alone until fully charged; repeat this process at least 3 times in a row to calibrate the battery. I recommend cycling the battery 5 times and then once a month thereafter. Also, turn off any non-essential and unused network services (NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.) and if the LTE signal is weak or keeps switching between 3G/4G and LTE, set the carrier network protocol preference to exclude LTE. Once you are able to get at least 8 hours of moderate use then turn on the other services as needed.
    bungaboy and world saviour like this.
    02-26-13 06:27 PM
    Anyone know if Trojan has a fan website, so I can go and complain about the OP's mom not using one?
    OMG....very funny +1
    Snoke, Bugmapper, meganVee and 1 others like this.
    02-26-13 06:30 PM
    Anyone know if Trojan has a fan website, so I can go and complain about the OP's mom not using one?
    LOL!
    meganVee and slalom like this.
    02-26-13 06:35 PM
    Trash threads like this are to frequent and just setting a bad tone in the forum. Crackberry got to limit new comers opening threads otherwise come US launch nothing but misguided ***** threads will happen.Crackberry need to change the rules to 15-20 post before opening threads that way search button can get used.Otherwise this place is gonna be a mess.
    02-26-13 06:39 PM
    Trash threads like this are to frequent and just setting abad tone in eth forum. Crackberry got to limit new comers opening threads others come US launch nothing but misguided ***** threads will happen.Crackberry need to change the rules to 15-20 post before opening threads that way seacrh button can get used.Otherwise this place is gonna be a mess.
    +1. Seriously, that 15+ posts before making a new thread is pretty ubiquitous. Why it isn't implemented here is beyond me.
    02-26-13 06:40 PM
    Hmmm... one whole post and the OP haw been a loyal BB fan for years and the first post is so negative... If the OP was not such a dedicated "RIM" user for so many years I could swear I was smelling a troll....anyways......why on earrth would anyone buy any first generation phone and immediately take it on an overseas trip without giving it a week or so to learn and see if it works or the user.....????? sometimes you reap what you sow.....
    02-26-13 06:41 PM
    ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks for making my day!

CB10 App, Z10
    Willardv, erodenero and Oscar_E like this.
    02-26-13 06:42 PM
    I received my Z10 from Rogers on Feb 6 - loaded it up & left for Europe for 10 days. Day 2, I started getting the message "Sim card not recognized" - Spent a week in Switzerland without a phone and was only able to get email when connected to the hotel's wifi.
    Back a week ago, spent a good portion of the day on the line with Rogers - they tried a number of fixes and wiped the device, nothing worked, Rogers couriered me out a new Z10. New device arrived on Friday, couriered the first one back, reloaded data, Sim card not recognized. Online help not available - "higher volume of calls than normal" - gave up in disgust.
    Went to the Rogers store Saturday morning - Rogers had shipped the wrong Sim card with the first device - ie a non LTE card that does not work with the Blackberry - Rogers replaced the card (but wanted to charge me for it and it would have been some consolation had they been apologetic but they weren't) - Data loaded, Damn thing finally works.

Until today - Z10 is currently dead because battery ran out - dreaded flashing yellow/green/red light. I religiously plug in my BBerry overnight every night - Surely to god this thing should have enough battery life to get through a single work day. It doesn't appear to be significantly charging with the ac cord that came with it and trying to charge directly off a usb hub is hopeless.
    I have been a hardcore Blackberry user for years. Not impressed. Not happy with the wireless synch only or with the elimination of Blackberry Travel- My Bold 9900 was a much more functional with far greater battery life - Come on RIM - Figure it out.
    Well your problems with the phone are not the phone's fault. With the battery...for the first few days you aren't using it normally. You will be constantly installing apps and just checking the thing out and seeing what it can do. Plus the battery will increase after a day or so (as others have said) because it is just getting everything set. Be sure to actually give the phone FULL charges for the first few times. Also, the Z10 is an LTE phone. Remember that. It is on par with any other LTE phone. LTE will suck battery life.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 06:43 PM
    Well, you can tell I'm new around here. Not sure what to believe?
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-26-13 at 07:34 PM.
    02-26-13 06:46 PM
    Way to make fun of a frustrated user, people. This is what makes Crackberry such a wonderful community. *sigh*

As for the post limit, I agree! I mean, I am a "CrackBerry Abuser" yet have never owned a blackberry in my life. According to you all, this is person who has owned Blackberries in the past is less qualified to post than me! Awesome idea! *rolls eyes*
    02-26-13 06:54 PM
    lol @ op ... I ran out of gas once. Come on Honda. Figure it out.

BBBHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA good one..
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-26-13 06:56 PM
    My guess too is that the Z10 has the biggest touch screen ever on a bbry device, so can't compare to previous devices.

That said, not sure why they opted for a bigger battery in the Q10...guess it comes down to hardware design etc...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapathumbs
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    02-26-13 07:00 PM
    I am responding to the battery issue. It sounds like OP came from previous generation BlackBerry and it is all he has to reference. Unfortunately no smartphone with big bright displays will return battery life like the older style of phones. It's the trade off with all these phones. I keep mine on the car charger.
    02-26-13 07:48 PM
    Way to make fun of a frustrated user, people. This is what makes Crackberry such a wonderful community. *sigh*

As for the post limit, I agree! I mean, I am a "CrackBerry Abuser" yet have never owned a blackberry in my life. According to you all, this is person who has owned Blackberries in the past is less qualified to post than me! Awesome idea! *rolls eyes*
    True. You're definitely one of the most *useful* (obvious sarcasm to avoid getting banned) users here. All you do is join every thread to support the person bashing BB. Literally, that is all I have ever seen you do. To make matters worse, you think you're some expert on the Z10 when you have never even used one. Either read more than you type until you actually have the phone in your hand, or just leave the forum and go to the WP/Android forums.

P.S. The phone is easily accessible in the US now. I got mine on February 5th, long before the March release date here, so if you really wanted to have the phone that badly, you could've already gotten it.
    02-26-13 08:40 PM
    Gents,
    Thanks for the flames.
    I acknowledge that the 1st half of my post was a Rogers rant due to frustration but I am undecided on the Z10 at this time -
    It does some things very well and some extremely awkwardly. The Bold 9900 was great, the Torch was great, Jury's still out on this one.
    Why does it take 3 taps and multiple screens to delete an email?
    Why is there no agenda view in calendar?
    Why have they killed the cable synch? I'm a non-enterprise user and the calendar synch has become stupidly awkward.
    Why did they screw up and merge Tasks and Notes into Remember? These are separate functions
    With a few minor tweaks, the Z10 could be phenomenal - it isn't there yet. This isn't anti-RIM or anti-Z10 - this is hoping that these guys actually take note and make it better.
    02-26-13 08:42 PM
    isn't every new phone awkward at first? Give yourselves ample time to acclimate.....
    02-26-13 08:44 PM
103 123 ...