Hello people , i have been waiting for this day and now it has finally come . I arrived Winnipeg last night from Nigeria like i said before i am here to study. OK now i need me the new blackberry z10 phone as i can wait to own one. Because i am new in the country am i eligible to go on contract if yes which carrier is the best or i have to buy off contract if yes how much off contract , i really cant wait to own one... And dalm the people i live with are such isheeps IP5 and macs everywere dalm lol
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 06:46 AM
    Welcome to North America. I have a feeling you will do well here and take the knowledge you gain back home to help your people. Or stay and contribute to the lives of Canadians if you wish. Anyway, I'm in the states so can't really say much about which carrier you should use. I would recommend the STL100-3 model if you plan to visit the states for extended periods as that will work on AT&T and T-Mobile here.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 07:10 AM
    04-23-13 07:12 AM
    Go with MTS because you'll get good student unlimited plan for cheap can get Z10 and they're the only provider with LTE

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:12 AM
    Avoid MTS like the plague. Ask around and you will find out how much people here hate MTS. Rogers is really the only choice here. Send me a PM and I will email you an intro to the people that handle my company cell accounts.

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    04-23-13 07:14 AM
    Avoid MTS like the plague. Ask around and you will find out how much people here hate MTS. Rogers is really the only choice here. Send me a PM and I will email you an intro to the people that handle my company cell accounts.

Posted via CB10
    But rogers doesn't offer LTE nor the type of plan that'd benefit him

Edit: BTW I'm with rogers and their manitoba service is junk

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    What a fantastic and generous offer to this poster!!
    04-23-13 07:44 AM
    Go with MTS because you'll get good student unlimited plan for cheap can get Z10 and they're the only provider with LTE

Posted via CB10
    MTS is probably the best bang for your buck but the customer service is atrocious. I nearly got into an argument with one of the reps because they were being so rude on my last visit there.
    04-23-13 08:34 AM
    I'm with MTS and other than having had to wait much longer than other Manitobans to get my Z10, I haven't any complaints about MTS. I recommend you go with MTS. As Kris said, they have a very good student plan, best coverage in Manitoba and the only LTE provider in the province at the moment.
    04-23-13 08:38 AM
    MTS is probably the best bang for your buck but the customer service is atrocious. I nearly got into an argument with one of the reps because they were being so rude on my last visit there.
    Oh I agree but if he's here for school and will be in manitoba the whole time it'll be the best

Only reason I'm on rogers is because being in the military I need a nation wide provider not provincial

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:39 AM
    But rogers doesn't offer LTE nor the type of plan that'd benefit him

Edit: BTW I'm with rogers and their manitoba service is junk

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. I'm on Rogers in Ontario and get LTE. You don't have it in Manitoba?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:56 AM
    Hello people , i have been waiting for this day and now it has finally come . I arrived Winnipeg last night from Nigeria like i said before i am here to study. OK now i need me the new blackberry z10 phone as i can wait to own one. Because i am new in the country am i eligible to go on contract if yes which carrier is the best or i have to buy off contract if yes how much off contract , i really cant wait to own one... And dalm the people i live with are such isheeps IP5 and macs everywere dalm lol
    Brrrrrooos I hail o! Do us proud will ya?.....I trust, I trust, wish you all the best in your studies! 3 big gbosa's from Lasgids Naija!
    taylorblackberry likes this.
    04-23-13 09:09 AM
    I thought Rogers had a deal with Mts to have lte. I know Telus doesn't have it in Manitoba. If your not planning to go outside if winnipeg or past Brandon or grand beach then coverage is good for you. Also if your planning to visit other cities with Rogers or Telus u can make local calls for free. You can't with Mts. And a lot of friends I knew who were with Mts all left to other carriers cause they weren't happy with them

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:11 AM
    Hmmm. I'm on Rogers in Ontario and get LTE. You don't have it in Manitoba?

Posted via CB10
    Lol we were promised it summer 2012 got pushed to December 2012 and now it's they've had unexpected issues and are working to bring it to us

There are 31 of the 44 cities/areas left for rogers to announce and winnipeg better be one of em

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:13 AM
    I was an MTS user for 10 years and just switched to Rogers and a new Z10.

I wish I had switched to Rogers years ago. I now pay less than half of what I spent on MTS and the customer service is twice as good.

I am a heavy business user, 1500 minutes plus per month with much long distance in Canada. I now have unlimited local, Canada, and texting plus 3 gb of data for $65/month.

I use wifi a lot so I'm not concerned with LTE (which Rogers will be offering very soon in Manitoba, by the way).

I could write a book on all of the ways MTS has let me down.

Cheers and welcome to Winnipeg!

Posted via CB10
    ihys and cman5 like this.
    04-23-13 09:24 AM
    I thought Rogers had a deal with Mts to have lte. I know Telus doesn't have it in Manitoba. If your not planning to go outside if winnipeg or past Brandon or grand beach then coverage is good for you. Also if your planning to visit other cities with Rogers or Telus u can make local calls for free. You can't with Mts. And a lot of friends I knew who were with Mts all left to other carriers cause they weren't happy with them
    They have a network sharing deal on the "4G" HSPA network. Not LTE.
    Last edited by umbrau44; 04-23-13 at 09:47 AM. Reason: added quote
    04-23-13 09:45 AM
    WELCOME TO MY CITY!!!!

Enjoy your time here, everything's good besides are winters hahaha.

And I'm with Rogers they have decent coverage and prices. You can get a phone outright on kijiji for about $400-$600 of you don't get a contact that is of course, or from the store.

Also check out The Final Destination, it's a local urban and hip hop store, but they sell name brand phone cases abd will have z10 cases soon.
    Http://www.Facebook.com/FinalDestinationwpg.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:21 AM
    WELCOME TO MY CITY!!!!

Enjoy your time here, everything's good besides are winters hahaha.
    A winter thats gone on almost 9 months now! lol
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 10:23 AM
    A winter thats gone on almost 9 months now! lol
    Lol

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 10:30 AM
    thank you very much . to you all. you all good people
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 10:34 AM
    You are going to love Manitoba winters
    taylorblackberry likes this.
    04-23-13 10:43 AM
    And you can experience it now!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:23 PM
    Rogers has a decent student plan in Ontario atleast. Bell and Telus etc will not set up a contract for international students Rogers is the only one I know of that does. I hate rogers with a passion and their nickle and dime BS and all but they have the best family share plans so I am stuck with them.
    04-23-13 01:46 PM
    Been with Telus and MTS and they are worse.
    At least I have coverage in the country.
    04-28-13 10:40 AM