Living with a BlackBerry Z10
    Pretty honest and objective.
    02-19-13 12:05 PM
    Good to see a well balanced review.... only quibble I would have with it the "learning curve"..... really???? couple of swipe gestures and figuring out the functions and you should be away.... maybe its just me but I do not see this being a difficulty... if anyting it should be a plus as most like to "discover" what they are using....
    02-19-13 12:15 PM
    I like "discovering" new things too. I'm really looking forward to gesturing like a mad man to see if there are any easter eggs that have yet to be found.
    02-19-13 12:19 PM
    I have talked to a lot of my friends and the perception about BlackBerry is that it is confusing. There is a learning curve to gestures and how to use the phone because it is a different concept than what people are used to doing. However learning curve doesn't mean it is impossible or even hard.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    02-19-13 12:25 PM
    Even just having people play with my phone I can see some frustration with learning the gestures. Once you get used to it its incredibly efficient. I guess some may not like that change.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 12:27 PM
    Nice to see an article without mistakes, inaccuracies, or outright lies.
    02-19-13 12:37 PM
    I feel like any move to another platform has a "learning curve". My wife jumped ship from her Torch 9800 to the Note and she hated that Note for a day or so until she was acclimated. I can see some of the US "fast food" consumers getting frustrated at first..But the Z10 isn't a value meal, more of like a 5 course meal that is meant to be enjoyed and have time spent on it enjoying the presentation.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 12:37 PM
    This PC Mag version is another pretty fair review.
    I am getting a little bothered with reviews that use words such as 'steep' to describe the learning curve of BB10 OS.
    If learning to swipe up, down, left and right (with a thumb) is a steep learning curve, then I suggest learning to use a fork in one hand while simultaneously using a knife in the other, must be considered impossible to those who find BB10 OS difficult to learn.
    I suspect that if you're hungry enough you will learn.
    krispowers and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    02-19-13 12:55 PM
    Good to see a well balanced review.... only quibble I would have with it the "learning curve"..... really???? couple of swipe gestures and figuring out the functions and you should be away.... maybe its just me but I do not see this being a difficulty... if anyting it should be a plus as most like to "discover" what they are using....
    Speaking of Learning Curve, my poor hubby thought he would try the Galaxy S3 from a little Lg flip phone - that was and still is a BIG (filled with many curses) learning curve. LoL
    uktivo and krispowers like this.
    02-19-13 01:00 PM
    I would say that the basic gesture functionality, navigating the OS and navigating within apps, is easy to learn. The learning doesn't end there, however. Things like adjusting auto-focus in the camera app, moving the text cursor, copy/paste - all are a little different from other OS's and take a little getting used to.
    krispowers likes this.
    02-19-13 01:06 PM