I was looking at some cases and there is one that caught my attention, this is a battery door attached to a flip case thing like you see on the SGS3, now this case has no NFC chips at the battery door which is making me think a lot about getting or not the case, so I thought I might ask you guys is it really that important? I mean do u use it much? Or anyone knows if the NFC will work regardless of having chips on the battery door? I'll put the link si you guys can check it out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CK5...bUvbUpU8449610

Btw there is also another case like this that's like 7 more bucks but that one doesn't have the BlackBerry logo in the battery door so I didn't like that

P.D I always thought that the white Z10 was sexier... but thanks Verizon :@

Posted with mah Z10!
    05-09-13 10:16 AM
    If you don't use it, it's not important.

NFC is largely accessory today because NFC payments are not largely deployed yet, and will probably not be deployed before your next phone. For other functions, like contacts, files sharing, pairing, etc. , these are also not used that much, so most phone companies allow other easy way to reach the same goal.

The best way I think you could check if that's important for you, is try to use all the functions implemented in your phone that use it, and find out if you need them or not.

As for myself, the " cool " factor of trying a function for the first time and never using it again would not be enough to sacrifice a useful function I would use.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:34 AM
    I was looking at some cases and there is one that caught my attention, this is a battery door attached to a flip case thing like you see on the SGS3, now this case has no NFC chips at the battery door which is making me think a lot about getting or not the case, so I thought I might ask you guys is it really that important? I mean do u use it much? Or anyone knows if the NFC will work regardless of having chips on the battery door? I'll put the link si you guys can check it out

White PU Leather Flip Battery Back Door Case Cover For BlackBerry Z10:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Btw there is also another case like this that's like 7 more bucks but that one doesn't have the BlackBerry logo in the battery door so I didn't like that

P.D I always thought that the white Z10 was sexier... but thanks Verizon :@

Posted with mah Z10!
    OK first and foremost, yes, you need the chip on the battery door to make it work, no chip, no NFC.

Its uses, well it really depends on your social life, what devices others around you use, and if you are interested in using NFC tags around home and your workplace.

For me, our office is full of NFC users, my other half has an NFC compatible phone, as do a lot of friends, so sharing files, silly pictures, videos and audio clips, as well as contact cards etc happens quite a bit.

Then there is the BBM invite, with a simple bump inviting and adding each other.
    Contactless payment is slowly rolling out in the UK, and some card companies are making it possible (so they say) to add payment by from the phone without the card.

So is it 'important'.. no.
    It is handy to have and a growing technology... for sure.

Not the best made video, but some other uses here...
    05-09-13 10:42 AM
    The first thing I did when I got my Z10 was turn off the NFC.

I've seen too many reports on how hackers with simple freeware programs are able to download data from phones and credit cards that are NFC capable and create credit cards with all the right information in minutes.

The CBC report I saw showed a guy with a netbook in his bag walked close by a women on her purse side - which can easily happen in a crowded mall - captured her data....went back to his car, created a credit card, went back into a store and purchased an item.

It's a neat feature but no way secure in my mind.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:46 AM
    This is not necessarily something you have to worry about with NFC on your Z10. A credit card is designed to transmit. The NFC on your Z10 can transmit and receive and it's very specific to what it's going to transmit. If you have BBM open, it will try to add a BBM contact. If you have a website open, it will send the site address. So, the only way someone is going to get your credit card information or the like is if you already have it typed in a text field ready to be sent via NFC (sounds silly) or if you have an NFC payment application running. If you do, that's not very smart, and I'm sure there will be a prompt that is not optional of "Are you sure?". Credit cards obviously can't be that sophisticated but the Z10 is. Government approved security. BlackBerry security...

The first thing I did when I got my Z10 was turn off the NFC.

I've seen too many reports on how hackers with simple freeware programs are able to download data from phones and credit cards that are NFC capable and create credit cards with all the right information in minutes.

The CBC report I saw showed a guy with a netbook in his bag walked close by a women on her purse side - which can easily happen in a crowded mall - captured her data....went back to his car, created a credit card, went back into a store and purchased an item.

It's a neat feature but no way secure in my mind.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:55 AM
    The iphone doesn't have nfc, therefore it is not important

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:59 AM
    I haven't really used NFC once but I fear I might in the future and I fell in love with that "Case"

Posted with mah Z10!
    05-09-13 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Haha that is exactly what I have been saying for a while now. Although not true its how many times will perceive it if and when apple launch it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 01:01 PM
    I haven't really used NFC once but I fear I might in the future and I fell in love with that "Case"

Posted with mah Z10!
    Get the case, do ya thang, then if you eventually have need for NFC, put it back on.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't wait until it does..then maybe North America will get off its collective arse and make mobile payments actually happen!
    05-09-13 01:19 PM
    No it's not

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 01:22 PM