Does anyone know why I have to find a USB cable to attach my Z10 to my laptop so I can sinc when both devices have NFC and when I place my Z10 on my laptop I hear the nice little sound that it has found something to link to via NFC. BB Link still says I have to go find a cable. Damn it I have a daughter, who knows where the cable might be, WTF is wrong with NFC?? Why do we have it? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    thanks for your help.
    11-08-13 08:25 PM
    Does anyone know why I have to find a USB cable to attach my Z10 to my laptop so I can sinc when both devices have NFC and when I place my Z10 on my laptop I hear the nice little sound that it has found something to link to via NFC. BB Link still says I have to go find a cable. Damn it I have a daughter, who knows where the cable might be, WTF is wrong with NFC?? Why do we have it? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    thanks for your help.
    I'm having the same problem. NFC has never worked and haven't been able to backup my Z10 since downloading the latest BB Link. Not even using the USB.
    11-08-13 08:37 PM
    I haven't found my daughter let alone a USB cable!
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    11-08-13 08:40 PM
    I'm having the same problem. NFC has never worked and haven't been able to backup my Z10 since downloading the latest BB Link. Not even using the USB.
    Turn on airplane mode to backup via USB. Stupid glitch imo but yeah.

AT&T Z10
    C Youngblood likes this.
    11-08-13 09:42 PM

AT&T Z10
    I'll give it a try.
    11-09-13 12:21 PM

AT&T Z10
    Airplane Mode doesn't solve the problem for me either. I think I've tried everything now. I wonder if it's a Windows 8 issue.
    11-09-13 01:15 PM
    I sync over wifi.
    11-09-13 01:43 PM
    I sync over wifi.
    I can sync over Wifi too but that's it. Can't do a backup at all.
    11-09-13 03:10 PM
    NFC on smartphones, excluding Samsung devices with S-Beam, is simply used to create a Bluetooth connection. And BB has never mentioned that they support syncing or even backing-up over Bluetooth.

S-Beam is different, because it uses NFC to setup a WiFi Direct connection.

For syncing your BB with your laptop, you have to use USB or WiFi. I've never tried doing it over WiFi.

One thing I really find annoying about Link is that right after I connect my BB to my laptop via USB and unlock the device in Link, Link keeps trying to establish a WiFi connection with my BB, even though I disabled syncing over WiFi in the settings. Very annoying.
    11-11-13 01:15 PM
    Well my backup problem was just fixed with the new BB Link update that was released today. First time I've been able to backup my Z10 in weeks.
    11-12-13 08:07 PM
    NFC on smartphones, excluding Samsung devices with S-Beam, is simply used to create a Bluetooth connection. And BB has never mentioned that they support syncing or even backing-up over Bluetooth.
    I'm pretty sure I've transferred files via NFC without Bluetooth being enabled. NFC can be used to pair devices over Bluetooth, but it can also transfer data itself.

Regardless, NFC is slow, so you wouldn't want to be syncing your phone with it.
    11-12-13 08:40 PM
    Hmph, never got NFC to do anything but make little gingles on my laptop, unfortunately I "updated" to 8.1 now nothing works, no NFC. Ya know, this is my 6th BB and I though I was good. Support Canada, recall all the good times with old curves and bolds, forget it. Can't get my tunes onto my Z10, really?? not to mention that NO ONE can use it without an hour lesson. My wife won't touch it, " where is your Ipad??, I'm not using THIS!!" Expandable memory is awesome if you can use it!!! ARRRRRGGGH! Can everyone say "Zen Player"!! iPhone6, here I come!
    02-16-14 10:34 PM
    Hmph, never got NFC to do anything but make little gingles on my laptop, unfortunately I "updated" to 8.1 now nothing works, no NFC. Ya know, this is my 6th BB and I though I was good. Support Canada, recall all the good times with old curves and bolds, forget it. Can't get my tunes onto my Z10, really?? not to mention that NO ONE can use it without an hour lesson. My wife won't touch it, " where is your Ipad??, I'm not using THIS!!" Expandable memory is awesome if you can use it!!! ARRRRRGGGH! Can everyone say "Zen Player"!! iPhone6, here I come!
    What in the heck are you going on about?

BB Link, USB Cable (Or WiFi) and you're good to copy music to your phone.

It sounds like Windows 8.1 is screwing up NFC on your laptop, not your BlackBerry.

Why would you use NFC to transfer music anyway?
    02-17-14 01:33 AM
    Wouldn't nfc music transfer be kind of slow with the protocols they use? In any case, you could plug your micro SD into the SD slot of your laptop and directly transfer the files that way. Also, how do you charge your blackberry without a usb cable?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:00 AM