You seem to be intentionally missing my point.

Let me try again:
    On the Z10 you can multitask with ALL apps.
    On the Optimus G you can screen share with only a Very few apps.

For ME multitasking with ALL apps is much more important than screen sharing with a very limited number of apps. If you feel differently then the Optimus G might be for you. Choice is a good thing and no one phone is best for all people. For ME the Z10 is the clear choice.

Ok so you can multitask with ALL apps on the Z10?

That's cool. So can you watch a video while composing a email on a Z10? Evidently, since you can multitask with all apps.

Do you see the point I just made? You do know that there is a difference between multitasking and background running applications and task switching right? Android can leave running applications in the background as well. Even iOS will do that with Pandora. But can the Z10 have apps open and running in the foreground? If not than your not truly multitasking. Your task switching. Watch the video I posted. Why can't the Z10 do that if it will multitask with all apps?
    02-18-13 02:49 PM
    Z10 is a great addition to what the market has to offer and as a consumer I like more options.

Eventually they will all be very similar because all the players (yes, even Apple) will have to shape their products to meet consumers' collective needs. The difference does exist but will get smaller and smaller, to the point like cars from different builds, eventually.
    02-18-13 02:49 PM
    Oh yes absolutely. If the Z10 had that as well as the multitasking it currently has I'd be happy. I'd honestly rarely use it but it's still cool and I'd be happy to have it.
    =). Me too! It's pretty cool...

My point is that we sometimes go at each other (Android vs Apple vs Blackberry vs Windows) because we like the choice we've made. And it often comes at the expense of recognizing why others made a different choice. It's weird, when it comes to phones it's almost like a religion...Dunno why... My personal belief is that as users we should be more united, regardless of platform, and supportive. If we were to support each other more, then the onus would be on the individual companies to improve their product to our mutual benefit. Blackberry 10 has an awesome keyboard? WHY doesn't Android and Apple come up with a better keyboard? etc...
    revtech likes this.
    02-18-13 02:50 PM
    Ok so you can multitask with ALL apps on the Z10?

That's cool. So can you watch a video while composing a email on a Z10? Evidently, since you can multitask with all apps.

Do you see the point I just made? You do know that there is a difference between multitasking and background running applications and task switching right? Android can leave running applications in the background as well. Even iOS will do that with Pandora. But can the Z10 have apps open and running in the foreground? If not than your not truly multitasking. Your task switching. Watch the video I posted. Why can't the Z10 do that if it will multitask with all apps?
    Sigh. Really?

What are you really arguing here? You want everyone to agree that the Optimus is the best phone for them? It's Not. As I keep saying over and over the multitasking on the Z10 is the best implementation for ME. If you prefer the way it is done on the Optimus then the Optimus is probably the best for YOU. I already discussed why I don't like the way Android handles background apps and how I like that on BB10 the apps continue to run and are not paused. This works with all apps, not just the couple that are enabled for screen share. This is the best implementation FOR ME.

For ME the multitasking between all apps is much much better than screen sharing between some apps. FOR ME. FOR ME. FOR ME.

For you it sounds like the Optimus might be the best choice. It isn't FOR ME.
    grover5 likes this.
    02-18-13 02:59 PM
    =). Me too! It's pretty cool...

My point is that we sometimes go at each other (Android vs Apple vs Blackberry vs Windows) because we like the choice we've made. And it often comes at the expense of recognizing why others made a different choice. It's weird, when it comes to phones it's almost like a religion...Dunno why... My personal belief is that as users we should be more united, regardless of platform, and supportive. If we were to support each other more, then the onus would be on the individual companies to improve their product to our mutual benefit. Blackberry 10 has an awesome keyboard? WHY doesn't Android and Apple come up with a better keyboard? etc...
    I totally agree that's why I keep telling this guy that the Z10 is My choice and is better for Me and the Optimus is probably better for Him, but he just doesn't want to hear it. Apparently he won't be happy until the whole world admits the Optimus is the one and only best phone for everybody. sigh.
    02-18-13 02:59 PM
    I can for example keep a YouTube video playing in the background if I only want to hear the audio, like the cb podcasts for example(no offence to the guys but they're not that pretty lol) or I can quickly snap a photo without interrupting the YouTube video. Or take photos without interrupting a song or streaming radio app etc

Posted via CB10
    I can listen to the audio from any video podcast while running in the background(pocket casts app) and take pictures, or have a streaming radio app running in the background and take pictures etc. This on an Ipad, it seems you're not fully aquatinted with the capabilities of the other platforms.
    02-18-13 03:05 PM
    Sigh. Really?

What are you really arguing here? You want everyone to agree that the Optimus is the best phone for them? It's Not. As I keep saying over and over the multitasking on the Z10 is the best implementation for ME. If you prefer the way it is done on the Optimus then the Optimus is probably the best for YOU.

For ME the multitasking between all apps is much much better than screen sharing between some apps. FOR ME. FOR ME. FOR ME.

For you it sounds like the Optimus might be the best choice. It isn't FOR ME.
    Again, how are you multitasking between all apps when only one application can be opened on the screen at once?

Please just answer the above question instead of skipping over that part to go off about random stuff.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I use all platforms except iOS, because I'm not a fanboy. I'm just trying to understand why so many people here think that the Z10's implementation of task switching is the "greatest multitasking ever" when it doesn't support multiple, fully opened foreground processes.

You can't multitask with all applications, when you can't have more than one opened app on a screen? See what I mean? I'm glad your happy with the Z10. So am I, I look forward to it improving over time.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-18-13 03:08 PM
    I totally agree that's why I keep telling this guy that the Z10 is My choice and is better for Me and the Optimus is probably better for Him, but he just doesn't want to hear it. Apparently he won't be happy until the whole world admits the Optimus is the one and only best phone for everybody. sigh.
    Well, then in the spirit of compromise I'd let it lie. Just me personally. In the real world, amongst my friends, it's all a dog's breakfast of different phones. And when we get together, oddly, it just doesn't seem to be a topic of conversation for the most part. Last week I was the star as one of the first to get the new Blackberry phone. Everyone, regardless of phone, Oooh'd and Aaah'd over the keyboard and laughed at the word prediction and animation of swiping up the word...

Everyone was curious and wanted a shot at using the phone... Funny, no one started spewing stastitics at me, or threw their phone in my face. And no one took it personally that I had chosen a Blackberry as my new phone. But on the forums (and web), people seem much more polarized. Curious. I'm a former iPhone user, never had a Blackberry before, and love the new phone. I have no baggage that I'm carrying from the past. Simply an honest opinion.

As a former iPhone user I was well aware of the Apple fanboys... Had no idea that Blackberry and Android had an equivalent base! Now I know! =)
    revtech likes this.
    02-18-13 03:11 PM
    Again, how are you multitasking between all apps when only one can application can be opened on the screen at once?

Please just answer the above question instead of skipping over that part to go off about random stuff.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I use all platforms except iOS, because I'm not a fanboy. I'm just trying to understand why so many people here think that the Z10's implementation of task switching is the "greatest multitasking ever" when it doesn't support fully opened foreground processes.
    lol it's not random and you are the one that keeps skipping over most of what I say, but fine:

How is it mutitasking when only one is running fullscreen at a time? Multitasking is not the ability to View multiple apps at the same time. It is the ability to have multiple apps Running at the same time.

On BB10 8 apps can all be Running at the same time. On Android most apps will pause when not in the foreground. That is not multitasking, that is task switching.

The screen sharing on a Optimus G is multitasking but you can only do it with a very limited selection of apps (3? I don't remember).

So on the Optimus you can do true multitasking with a few preset apps, on a BB10 you can multitask with all apps.
    02-18-13 03:16 PM
    Dmac wrote: "....So on the Optimus you can do true multitasking with a few preset apps, on a BB10 you can multitask with all apps."

So are you saying that what the BB10 does is not "true multitasking"?
    02-18-13 03:17 PM
    Clearly, the issue is being complicated by what YOU consider "multitasking" apparently it doesn't include running 2 apps on the same screen.
    Oh no not at all. As I mentioned in my last post running 2 apps on the screen at the same time definitely Is multitasking. But that is not the Only form of multitasking. ...and it's not about what anyone considers multitasking. It's about what multitasking is. Multitasking is Running multiple apps at the same time.
    02-18-13 03:20 PM
    Clearly, the issue is being complicated by what YOU consider "multitasking" apparently it doesn't include running 2 apps on the same screen.
    What if you're both right?

And if you're both happy with your respective phone, what does it matter? Or does it matter that someone is "right"? Seriously, both phones seem great. As a Blackberry user, I'd ask other phone users to cut us BB folk some slack as we've just been upgraded to a great new OS.

God knows the iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4 releases are imminent, and we're going to have to listen to you guys go on about the great new features about YOUR phone in the next month or so... So why not be happy and supportive? It'll be your turn soon enough...
    Tre Lawrence and Rickroller like this.
    02-18-13 03:23 PM
    So I googled the Optimus G and just watched the video on QSlide, from LG. That's a great feature, truly. I hadn't heard of it before this thread.

The Blackberry 10 equivalent would be BBM Screenshare, in which I can initiate a video chat with a fellow BBM user and share a screen while speaking to them. Different functionality, but both are heading in the same general direction. I expect that Apple is working on something similar as well. If anything, it's an indication of where the industry is going in the future.

Yes, I agree, that would qualify as multitasking. Hopefully we can all borrow from each other and improve our personal experience regardless of platform.

Anyway, hail and well met. There's no right and wrong choice as far as I'm concerned...

Cheers
    Peej
    I think I'm beginning to like you.....
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-18-13 03:25 PM
    What if you're both right?

And if you're both happy with your respective phone, what does it matter? Or does it matter that someone is "right"? Seriously, both phones seem great. As a Blackberry user, I'd ask other phone users to cut us BB folk some slack as we've just been upgraded to a great new OS.

God knows the iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4 releases are imminent, and we're going to have to listen to you guys go on about the great new features about YOUR phone in the next month or so... So why not be happy and supportive? It'll be your turn soon enough...
    Where the heck are you from? You are weird... in a mature refreshing kind of way...
    02-18-13 03:28 PM
    Oh no not at all. As I mentioned in my last post running 2 apps on the screen at the same time definitely Is multitasking. But that is not the Only form of multitasking. ...and it's not about what anyone considers multitasking. It's about what multitasking is. Multitasking is Running multiple apps at the same time.
    No it's not. Not even close

See that is what I figured, your definition of multitasking is completely wrong. Let me give you an example. Right now on my PC I have Firefox opened, I am using it to type this message. That is the only program I am currently using. It is the only program I even have opened. Yet, my PC has 86 things (including several programs) running in the background right now. So am I multitasking? Nope. I'm just using the browser.
    02-18-13 03:31 PM
    ohjesusmaryandjoseph be done with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People pick the phones they like and there is no point in arguing about what is "true multitasking." *IF* the Z10 does not appeal to me I won't keep it regardles of what "true multitasking" means to anyone else because it did not please ME. People care about the EXPERIENCE and people care about the specs, and what one defines as necessary may be absolutely irrelevant to another.

Seriously boys?!?!?! You're all acting like you're all in a high school shower room with measuring sticks.......
    polgara59, revtech and ppeters914 like this.
    02-18-13 03:33 PM
    Where the heck are you from? You are weird... in a mature refreshing kind of way...
    Toronto? Thanks for the compliment, not sure what I said that was refreshing. But thanks, always nice to be liked! =)
    02-18-13 03:36 PM
    No it's not. Not even close

See that is what I figured, your definition of multitasking is completely wrong. Let me give you an example. Right now on my PC I have Firefox opened, I am using it to type this message. That is the only program I am currently using. It is the only program I even have opened. Yet, my PC has 86 things (including several programs) running in the background right now. So am I multitasking? Nope. I'm just using the browser.
    Yes is it. Mutitasking is running multiple Apps at the same time.

Your example is your PC running multiple multiple background processes. Those are not even remotely the same thing. Not even close.

But regardless is this really what this thread has come to? Debating the definition of multitasking? Come one man. Seriously.

All I said is that I prefer the multitasking on my Z10 to that on Android. Why does my preference irk you so much? Why can't you just accept that different people have different preferences and different uses?

I prefer the multitasking on BB10. Others prefer Android. Debating the definition of multitasking is ludicrous.
    02-18-13 03:40 PM

People pick the phones they like and there is no point in arguing about what is "true multitasking." *IF* the Z10 does not appeal to me I won't keep it regardles of what "true multitasking" means to anyone else because it did not please ME. People care about the EXPERIENCE and people care about the specs, and what one defines as necessary may be absolutely irrelevant to another.

Seriously boys?!?!?! You're all acting like you're all in a high school shower room with measuring sticks.......
    There is a point in occasionally attempting to correct all of the misinformation that is on this forum. That was all that I was trying to do.

Statements like "BlackBerry 10 can multitask with all apps" and the "Optimus G can't multitask" are just factually wrong and should be corrected. In my opinion anyway.
    02-18-13 03:40 PM
    To the person who was talking about listening to YouTube in the background, it can be done on iOS also
    http://lifehacker.com/5663832/listen...e-multitasking
    02-18-13 03:41 PM

Yes absolutely. That's what I keep saying. I don't know why people can't just accept other peoples personal choices.
    02-18-13 03:41 PM

Yes. It's the UI and experience that matters. Well, marketing plays its part (hello, Apple!). But yeah, it's all about preference. If you want to buy a new car, you have a HUGE variety of options... And that's pretty much true of just about every other electronic device on the market....

But when it comes to your smartphone? OH NO. Apparently Google and Apple have "cornered the market"... Everyone else should just go away... Screw me, I'm just old enough to remember High School Economics. When there's two companies dominating a market, it's called an OLIGOPOLY (kinda like a monopoly, but there's 2 instead of 1)... And from what I remember, that's not a good situation for us little people as consumers. The fewer the choices, the less the innovation. In an oligopoly, you have to deal with things like COLLUSION (google that, young ones)...

So yeah, the more choice the better. I'm happy with Blackberry, but I'm also happy that there are other smartphone OS manufacturers competing with Blackberry. Right now there are 4 major players, which is a good start. In the future I'd like to see many more. Ubuntu cellphone? Bring it on, I'll check it out! Tizen (Samsung and Intel)? YES. More please. The more choices available to me, and everyone else, the better my options.

Instead of attacking each other for making a choice in a limited market, let's support each other. We are the consumers who end up using these phones, let's compare notes!

Cheers
    Peej
    Rickroller, ealvnv and revtech like this.
    02-18-13 03:45 PM
    Statements like "Optimus G can't multitask" are just factually wrong and should be corrected.
    You are the only person that said that. The Optimus G Can multitask it just happens to do it differently than BB10 (and other Android phones).
    02-18-13 03:46 PM
    Toronto? Thanks for the compliment, not sure what I said that was refreshing. But thanks, always nice to be liked! =)
    Just cool to hear a steadying, non-partisan voice of reason.
    revtech likes this.
    02-18-13 03:49 PM
    You are the only person that said that. The Optimus G Can multitask it just happens to do it differently than BB10 (and other Android phones).
    Actually, besides the initial poster who originally said it, you said that "Screen sharing is not multitasking" Later on you referred to that same "screen sharing" as "true multitasking"
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-18-13 04:03 PM
266 ... 34567 ...