Android shows your words and many other words on the bar above the keypad (that is what PlayBook have). The bar above the keypad is not where you look when you type on the keypad. On Z10, your words are on the next key you plan to type. The next key is where you look. That makes big difference. If you had Z10 you would have known this by now.

Swype is the most confusing and worse key entering system to enter multi language text. That is why it is not used by most people. Don't even try to to compare it with the Z10, something you apparently haven't tried for more than few hours. "I own Z10, Lumia 920 and Note 2" just doesn't cut it when all your posts pointing toward something else.

And Android doesn't have the HUB, so Android fans (and "I own all these phones" guys) have to say on a BlackBerry Z10 thread that it is nothing special about it and they don't need it.
    You are mistaken. I own all three phones and use all three. You have no reason to think otherwise, other than the fact that I disagree with you and you consider yourself correct.
    02-20-13 07:28 PM
    Since some people prefer photos/pictures over words:
    Attached Thumbnails Next phone - Galaxy Note 2 or Z10?  Input from Note 2 users would be helpful!-img_1894.jpg  
    jdhooghe and Donvald like this.
    02-20-13 07:39 PM
    You are mistaken. I own all three phones and use all three. You have no reason to think otherwise, other than the fact that I disagree with you and you consider yourself correct.
    I have to admit, you are the only one I have seen owning and using 3 smart phones. I mean I have seen people using 2 smart phones, usually one being an older model, but I have definitely not seen anyone using the top 3 phones for 3 operating systems.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-20-13 07:39 PM
    Android shows your words and many other words on the bar above the keypad (that is what PlayBook have). The bar above the keypad is not where you look when you type on the keypad. On Z10, your words are on the next key you plan to type. The next key is where you look. That makes big difference. If you had Z10 you would have known this by now.
    No, actually it doesn't make a difference for me. It's no faster for me. I keep my finger over the predicted word rather than having to move to the next letter that I want to type. If anything, it should be even faster. The reality is that no, neither is faster. They're just different.

Swype is the most confusing and worse key entering system to enter multi language text. That is why it is not used by most people. Don't even try to to compare it with the Z10, something you apparently haven't tried for more than few hours. "I own Z10, Lumia 920 and Note 2" just doesn't cut it when all your posts pointing toward something else.
    I speak of my experience. You speak of yours. Don't tell me what my experience is, please.

And Android doesn't have the HUB, so Android fans (and "I own all these phones" guys) have to say on a BlackBerry Z10 thread that it is nothing special about it and they don't need it.
    You're very angry. I don't know why. I wonder if you're also confusing thread and board. This is a Z10 board. This thread, however, is not a Z10 thread. It's clearly titled "Next phone - Galaxy Note 2 or Z10? Input from Note 2 users would be helpful!".
    Donvald likes this.
    02-20-13 07:45 PM
    I have to admit, you are the only one I have seen owning and using 3 smart phones. I mean I have seen people using 2 smart phones, usually one being an older model, but I have definitely not seen anyone using the top 3 phones for 3 operating systems.
    Crazy, I know. I enjoy tech. That's what I said. I like being able to speak about it in an informed way. I don't make this stuff up. I actually use the devices and speak about my experiences.
    Donvald likes this.
    02-20-13 07:48 PM

The prediction "machine" is SwiftKey so the suggestions should at least be similar if you used the 2 phones equally. I have not been able to use the Z10 yet but I noted The Verge compared SwiftKey and the BB10 keyboard and said they preferred SwiftKey. I know it's one group's opinion and I admit to having trouble on who we like here on CrackBerry and who we don't any more.

Personally I find SwiftKey amazing. Many times I have to only type 1 or 2 letters to see THE word dead square in the middle.

As to the Hub I have to admit to some trepidation myself. I like a united inbox for mail on Android and it's as good as any I ever had, but I can confidently say that the first thing I did on the BB's I bought was remove text messages from the unified in box and I believe I would immediately do that on BB10 in addition to Facebook and Twitter, I don't need social "noise" in my important email, and in another post one user told me it's possible to do - I was happy to hear that.
    02-20-13 07:52 PM
    I had the note 2 just before I picked up the z10 on launch. I loved the note 2, pretty much nothing it couldnt do and the size didnt bother me but in the end Im blackberry at heart and my journey from ios and android has been fun but i dont regret my z10 purchase one bit and i love it. best part about the z10 is new apps arrive daily, its something new and fresh.
    02-20-13 07:57 PM
    I bought a z10 on launch day, I sold my galaxy note. Android is unsecured and Google wants to know everything of your life! Love my z10 and not going back..
    The only thing i miss on the note is the big screen to watch video.

Posted via CB10
    iny
    holding the note 2 with me for a couple months really trained me on having a device of that size. z10 feels so tiny but once i compare it to the iphone 5 cant believe how tiny the ip5 feels haha
    02-20-13 08:00 PM
    No, actually it doesn't make a difference for me. It's no faster for me. I keep my finger over the predicted word rather than having to move to the next letter that I want to type. If anything, it should be even faster. The reality is that no, neither is faster. They're just different.
    It does make a big difference.

I speak of my experience. You speak of yours. Don't tell me what my experience is, please.
    "Swype is the most confusing and worse key entering system to enter multi language text. That is why it is not used by most people."

Sorry if you find it offensive, but this is true that Swype is not used by most people.

You're very angry. I don't know why. I wonder if you're also confusing thread and board. This is a Z10 board. This thread, however, is not a Z10 thread. It's clearly titled "Next phone - Galaxy Note 2 or Z10? Input from Note 2 users would be helpful!".
    I just went, for the first time, in the Android Forum on CrackBerry and opened Note 2 board. I couldn't find a single thread similar to this thread (a thread on Z10 board asking for Note 2 users input, and surprise surprise, they are reading this thread on Z10 board and they comment with youtube clips and so and throw Swype at people).

Is this a habit of Android fans to go in other boards, start a thread and advertise for their device?
    02-20-13 08:04 PM
    I just went, for the first time, in the Android Forum on CrackBerry and opened Note 2 board. I couldn't find a single thread similar to this thread (a thread on Z10 board asking for Note 2 users input, and surprise surprise, they are reading this thread on Z10 board and they comment with youtube clips and so and through Swype at people).
    Fair enough. That's understandable. In fairness to the original poster, though, (s)he isn't the one advertising about the Note 2. (S)He simply asked for opinions. I don't know if all the people posting about the Note 2 actually have Z10s as well, but I certainly do, and that's why I'm here. I don't go to HTC One X forums because I don't have one and I'm not interested. I go to the forums for devices that I have or am considering purchasing.
    Donvald likes this.
    02-20-13 08:10 PM
    Wow, are we done?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:13 PM
    I have a Note 2, Z10 and Lumia 920. They're all great devices. A few comments in defense of the Note 2:

Stock Android Email Apps -- I use AquaMail for my email. It's versatile, has a 'unified inbox' so that I can view new messages from all four of my accounts in one place, and it has a ton of features. It doesn't bring in twitter and facebook, but I wouldn't want it to do that. I use widgets for that. The point with Android is that you have choices for almost everything. If you don't like the included apps, download better ones from the market.

Size -- It is what it is. It's great for getting stuff done and for seeing without squinting. It works well as a reader.

S-Pen -- Great! I thought it was gimmicky at first, and didn't use the one that came with my original Note/Note 1. Now I love it. I use it to annotate (write, highlight, underline, etc) PDF files, to jot down notes (even has handwriting recognition), to navigate web pages, etc. It's outstanding.

Build Quality -- I'd say that this is on par with the Z10. It feels good in the hand, but you will get a bit of 'play' in the casing over time (not much, but definitely noticeable)

Versatility -- This phone is more versatile than the Z10. No contest. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't spent enough time with an Android device and really combed through the market. It's full of apps that can make the phone do exactly what you want it to do. If I need only one phone that will do whatever I need at work for the day, it's the Note 2. It's my workhorse, do-everything phone. I even have it set up to work with more gestures than the Z10. All my apps are a swipe away, no matter what screen I'm on. My speed-dial list is also a swipe away, no matter what screen I'm on. It's just so customizable.

Battery -- Before the most recent update my Note 2 could last over a day (i.e. >24hrs) on a charge. Since the most recent update it lasts me a day (as in 20-24 hrs). I often work 24-hr shifts so this is important.

That's a lot of big-ups for the Note 2, but only because there are so many people who claim to have used 'Android' and found it lacking. You can make an Android device (assuming that it's powerful enough) do almost anything you want, and behave almost any way you want. The ability of the OS is remarkable. The way my Note 2 is set up, it's leaps and bounds more efficient than the Z10. There is absolutely zero comparison. I can get to any app (not just my active or recently used apps) from anywhere with just a swipe (no need to get back to the homescreen). I can place a call to any of my nine speed-dial numbers from anywhere with a single swipe. From the homescreen I can launch my calendar, web browser, notification manager, email or settings apps with a single swipe (one or two-fingers). It's incredible for efficiency. BB had a chance to do away with app icon grids and go all-in on gesture-based device navigation, but they chose to go only part-way. With Android you have the choice to set it up as you like (eg. go fully gesture-based as I have).

All of that said, though, the Z10 is a great device. I did a 24-hr yesterday and that's the phone I took with me. It didn't last the entire shift, but it did admirably. I bought it because I like fiddling around with phones, and I really wanted to give BB10 a go. I haven't been disappointed in the least. Would I give up my Note 2? Not a chance. Would I give up my Z10? Not a chance. They're both *that* good. I would throw the Lumia 920 in there, too. It's a wonderful device. Where it has been let down is the App support (eg. there's still not even a *good* PDF reader available for Windows phone 8, yet), but hopefully that will come. Of the three, my rankings are as follows:

-Versatility (i.e. 'jack-of-all-trades-ness'): Note 2 > Z10 > Lumia 920
    -Build Quality: Lumia 920 > Z10 > Note 2
    -OS smoothness: Lumia 920 > Z10 > Note 2
    -App Support: Note 2 >>> Z10 > Lumia 920
    -Phone Calls: Z10 > Lumia 920 = Note 2
    -Battery Life: Note 2 >> Lumia 920 > Z10
    -Customizability: Note 2 >>> Lumia 920 >> Z10

If I had the same apps and could perform all of the same tasks that I need to perform on each platform (i.e. ability was equal on all devices) which phone would I use?

The Lumia 920!

The Lumia 920's hardware is gorgeous to look at, the device feels incredible in the hand (it's the only true premium phone of the three IMO), and Windows Phone 8 is as smooth as silk on the Nokia hardware. It's a bit cumbersome getting some tasks done, but it's otherwise great.

Second choice?

Z10!

Yes, the Note 2 *would* round out the pack in third place *if and only if* all of the apps that I use on my Note 2 were available and just as good on the other two devices. The Note 2 is presently my go-to phone because of its ability. At present, Android is the most flexible mobile OS (IMO) and of the Android-based devices, the Note 2 has the best mix of form and function for my purposes. Its hardware is powerful, the battery is massive, and it competently showcases the range of abilities of the Android OS. It's absolutely phenomenal. Windows phone and BB10 will get there, too, but they're playing catchup.

Here are screenshots of my lock and home screens:
    GREAT post zc1. I have a lumia 920 as well and love it to death except the pdf support :/ One thing I wanted to ask you is why you put the Z10 over the 920 in app support?

WP8 is silk. Pure silk but I wish there were more application options
    02-20-13 08:18 PM
    Another option to consider, if you don't mind carrying 2 devices, is getting the Z10, and the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I have the tablet, and the amount i've used the pdf signature feature has made it, hands down, the best tablet i've owned. This way, you get all the goodness of the Note, plus the Z10 goodness as well
    That's an awesome ideal, presently I Carry a iPad 4 with me but the ability to sign off on a document sounds freaking sweet. I've always used a tablet for most everything as that saves on my battery life when I can keep all the extras turned off.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:19 PM
    Wow, are we done?
    Posted via CB10
    I certainly hope so. I don't even know why it started.
    02-20-13 08:27 PM
    And sorry you have to deal with a fanboy zc1, you're giving very good advice for those of us on the fence
    Donvald and zc1 like this.
    02-20-13 08:29 PM
    GREAT post zc1. I have a lumia 920 as well and love it to death except the pdf support :/ One thing I wanted to ask you is why you put the Z10 over the 920 in app support?

WP8 is silk. Pure silk but I wish there were more application options
    Sorry, I should have just said "Apps," rather than "App support." It's completely subjective in that I'm really just looking at the apps that I use and whether they, or good alternatives to them, are available for each platform. I fully expected that WP8 would have office apps covered, for example, and was surprised by the PDF reader situation. Even more disappointing has been the relative lack of information coming forth from Microsoft and Adobe on this front. On the other side of the coin, I didn't expect BB to have that covered this early on, and was surprised that they actually did. For some people that won't be an issue whatsoever, just because of the apps that they use.
    02-20-13 08:38 PM
    Sorry, I should have just said "Apps," rather than "App support." It's completely subjective in that I'm really just looking at the apps that I use and whether they, or good alternatives to them, are available for each platform. I fully expected that WP8 would have office apps covered, for example, and was surprised by the PDF reader situation. Even more disappointing has been the relative lack of information coming forth from Microsoft and Adobe on this front. On the other side of the coin, I didn't expect BB to have that covered this early on, and was surprised that they actually did. For some people that won't be an issue whatsoever, just because of the apps that they use.
    True. I'm absolutely floored that Microsoft didn't include a decent PDF application when they tout productivity with office. I'm deciding whether to get a Z10, Q10 or S4 for a new phone(HTC One looks great but hesitant about HTC as they never update their phones :/). I'm a technology buff too. Too many cool devices ^_^
    02-20-13 08:55 PM
    having both would be a good pair.

I have all whatapps, line and others like application all on notes, push mail on z10
    02-20-13 08:55 PM
    swype on my Note 2.
    Okay, how do you swype on a N2? that got me.
    02-20-13 08:59 PM
    Sorry, not sure if you're asking or joking. If you're serious, check out the Swype homepage:

http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/

Swiftkey also has swype-like functionality, now, as does the built-in Samsung Keyboard.
    02-20-13 09:03 PM
    Sorry, not sure if you're asking or joking.
    A bit of both. i honestly AM curious as to how one uses swype on a 5.5" screen.

Unfortunately past experience with samsung has led me far far away from them. while i can see the purpose of a large screen for media viewing i wouldn't dream of it as an everyday phone. i did see that you have the 920, N2, and Z10 and use them all. But personally i would not trade my Z10 for a N2, even if it were made by a different manufacturer for convenience sake.

I see you edited while i was posting, and S-Pen. alright, now i get it.
    02-20-13 09:05 PM

Unfortunately past experience with samsung has led me far far away from them. while i can see the purpose of a large screen for media viewing i wouldn't dream of it as an everyday phone. i did see that you have the 920, N2, and Z10 and use them all. But personally i would not trade my Z10 for a N2, even if it were made by a different manufacturer for convenience sake.

I see you edited while i was posting, and S-Pen. alright, now i get it.
    If you're ever in Edmonton, give me a PM and we'll meet up and I'll show you around the Note 2. It's very usable. Serious.
    02-20-13 09:15 PM
    I am the original poster and I thank everyone for the input. I enjoy reading non bias comments. Fanboys and die hard fans of one type of phone are just rediculous. Every phone is different and they suit the needs of everyone differently.

I have always been a fan of bb, and its mostly because of the clean looking email and especially the quickness it is received.

Like I stated earlier., I have a few months before I have to upgrade...so I willl follow the z10, sg4., and the note 3 closley.

Has anyone used a android app that comes remotley close to the look., feel., and function of the blackberry email?

Still leaning toward the note 2, and can always come back to bb if I don't like.

This became a great thread and I'm glad I sparked some good conversation.
    02-20-13 09:15 PM
    The screen is only 2.7 inches across. The Z10 screen is about 2.4 inches across. It's not a huge difference, actually. You're not swiping the entire screen.
    02-20-13 09:17 PM
    If you're ever in Edmonton, give me a PM and we'll meet up and I'll show you around the Note 2. It's very usable. Serious.
    I might just take you up on that, however edmonton is ~6100Km away. I wonder if the OS size itself were optimized more(smaller icons) if i would like it more. to me it seems as the OS(vanilla, not customized) is the GS3 interface just stretched to be on the 5.5". The more i think about it, maybe if i had larger hands and it wasn't samsung i'd go for it, but the screen of the Z10 is the extreme limit of one-handed usability. that's a big deal for me, i love to be able to use my device with one hand, as the other is often occupied by coffee. or a mouse, or a keyboard. take your pick.

on another note the otterbox seems to make my Z10 more usable, as i'm less terrified of dropping it while trying to reach something in the extreme opposite corner.

I would have given the N2 much more consideration if: Google didn't own android, and: It wasn't made by Samsung. as both are companies i've cut all ties with due to poor personal experiences.
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    02-20-13 09:20 PM
108 12345