Hi All,

So i'll try to be brief (although it prob won't happen).

I tend to be a gadget guy and like new technology, but when it comes to a phone I need the best e-mail. Best e-mail means I get them as timely as possible (for work)---and this is why I have been with BB for so long. I started with the curve, storm 1, storm 2, then I went to the Android Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy 1), then back to the torch 9960 which is what I have now.

The fascinate/android was a great platform, but I never recieved my e-mails, I hated that about it. I was always nervous that I missed one, and had to run back to the cpu whenever I had the chance. BB always eliminated that, soild e-mail and thats the only reason for me sticking with them. The android platforms are fun, but I needed that solid e-mail.

Now I'm up for a new phone next month. The z10 is droppping here in the US and it really does look promising. I'm concerned over this e-mail problem, as it doesn't use the same technology as it used to.

How is the e-mail on the Note 2? I have heard jellbean has come a long way from the old fascinate.

How is the jellybean OS on the note 2? Is it smooth, any hangups or battery pulls?

Any z10 users that had the Note 2, how do you like the comparisons...pros/cons?

Although I have been a BB fan for years, and even when people were laughing at me I stood by them...now that they changed there look ten fold and look very appealing I feel funny leaving now...but I'm trying not to be a fanboy and test new waters.

I'm no iphone fan..boring and same old...although the only thing I love about them is the stability of there iOS..that in itself is top notch...just not for me.

The z10 scares me...I've been with BB thru all there new phones and os upgrades, and I find myself pulling the battery every few days, if not multiple times a day (yes, this was on every phone they made to date), the freezing, no apps....I really think its time for a new device.

So this is where I am, stuck between Note 2 and Z10. I think I'm ready for a new type of device, and if I don't like it after a year, hopefully BB cleans up the OS and their issues.

Note 2 looks like a machine, and was wondering if I can get a BB/Note 2 users input on the pros/cons and how quickly they get there emails on both.

Looking forward to the replies, as well as your smart *** fanboy posts lol.
    02-17-13 07:38 AM
    I bought a z10 on launch day, I sold my galaxy note. Android is unsecured and Google wants to know everything of your life! Love my z10 and not going back..
    The only thing i miss on the note is the big screen to watch video.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 08:14 AM
    I bought a z10 on launch day, I sold my galaxy note. Android is unsecured and Google wants to know everything of your life! Love my z10 and not going back..
    The only thing i miss on the note is the big screen to watch video.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100% as for the video just get the mini hd hookup and your good to go

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 08:21 AM
    I went the other and switched from the BB to the galaxy note 2. I was with BB for 7 years and an early adopter of the PB. I'm tired of "will be coming later" attitude of BB. I switched to Note 2 and I'm loving it. With a root, I'm able to access my MS Exchange server including a calendar and task functionality. This was something I could never do on my BB. Yes, there are issues with Android, but this device meets my needs and then some. I'll give BB a couple of years and see where it goes before I decide to come back.
    ta2hallm and Donvald like this.
    02-17-13 08:34 AM
    I went the other and switched from the BB to the galaxy note 2. I was with BB for 7 years and an early adopter of the PB. I'm tired of "will be coming later" attitude of BB. I switched to Note 2 and I'm loving it. With a root, I'm able to access my MS Exchange server including a calendar and task functionality. This was something I could never do on my BB. Yes, there are issues with Android, but this device meets my needs and then some. I'll give BB a couple of years and see where it goes before I decide to come back.
    Greatg67...this was my thinking as well...probably give note 2 a shot..the thing looks like a beast...
    02-17-13 08:45 AM
    Go with the Z10 you won't be impressed by anything else out there.
    SDTRMG and R Field like this.
    02-17-13 08:50 AM
    I thought it would be too big as well. But within a couple of days it feels normal. I have had my device for 3 weeks and have rooted, installed multiple apps as well as tried some of the custom OS. I have yet to do a battery pull nor has my note slowed down in performance. As I said, very pleased with my decision to switch.
    Donvald likes this.
    02-17-13 08:52 AM
    Although I can't speak for the Note 2, my wife has a S3 which uses Jelly Bean, so I can probably comment on the OS.

Now that I have my Z10, there is a bit of a competition around the house as to which is better. After 2 weeks, the Z10 seems to be winning out in most respects.

I can only describe the OS on the BB as 'calmer' compared to Jelly Bean. It also seems a lot less intrusive. My wife is constantly handing me her phone because it has popped up with another demand for permission to do something or another.

The S3 normally takes more swipes/taps to get where she needs to go.

There is not much hesitation on either phone, but the Z10 has less. (I am not sure if the Note 2 is improved over the S3.)

Since the Z10 battery settled down, battery lasts longer on the BB.

You mentioned emails...I have never missed an email and they come in quite quickly with activesync, and my wife insists she misses certain ones on the android.
    Of course your Note 2 would be much better for watching video right on the handset than the Z10.

Don't get me wrong, the Samsung is a great phone, but it is way too bloated for me.....and it is hard to get rid of the extra fluff you don't want. I like my phones tight and efficient.
    02-17-13 08:57 AM
    Although I can't speak for the Note 2, my wife has a S3 which uses Jelly Bean, so I can probably comment on the OS.

Now that I have my Z10, there is a bit of a competition around the house as to which is better. After 2 weeks, the Z10 seems to be winning out in most respects.

I can only describe the OS on the BB as 'calmer' compared to Jelly Bean. It also seems a lot less intrusive. My wife is constantly handing me her phone because it has popped up with another demand for permission to do something or another.

The S3 normally takes more swipes/taps to get where she needs to go.

There is not much hesitation on either phone, but the Z10 has less. (I am not sure if the Note 2 is improved over the S3.)

Since the Z10 battery settled down, battery lasts longer on the BB.

You mentioned emails...I have never missed an email and they come in quite quickly with activesync, and my wife insists she misses certain ones on the android.
    Of course your Note 2 would be much better for watching video right on the handset than the Z10.

Don't get me wrong, the Samsung is a great phone, but it is way too bloated for me.....and it is hard to get rid of the extra fluff you don't want. I like my phones tight and efficient.
    Getting rid of the "extra fluff" is not as difficult as you think. There are many clean ROMs around that have taken the stock rom and removed all of the bloat ware. This not only speeds up the phones performance but also, provides a bit more storage space.

Ultimately, the phone you choose will depend on your preferences.
    02-17-13 09:01 AM
    Greatg67...this was my thinking as well...probably give note 2 a shot..the thing looks like a beast...
    Might have an excellent point here. I'm with Verizon. The Z10 looks like a winner. But like the other blackberry faithful you do get tired of the coming soon posts. It was supposed to drop in 2012 then gets pushed back to fall 2012. Now Q1 2013. Its here but we're still waiting in the US. I had to the chance to handle a Note 2. Very impressive. And what makes it more impressive is you can get it for $149 through Dell or $199 at Sams Club.
    Spencerdl and Donvald like this.
    02-17-13 09:01 AM
    Both of them are awesome phones. You should check out YouTube videos and even get in the store to play with both.
    02-17-13 09:03 AM
    Getting rid of the "extra fluff" is not as difficult as you think. There are many clean ROMs around that have taken the stock rom and removed all of the bloat ware. This not only speeds up the phones performance but also, provides a bit more storage space.

Ultimately, the phone you choose will depend on your preferences.
    You shouldn't need to jailbreak or root a phone to accomplish something.

Whenevr I read that android can do that, it's usually followed with '...when you root it'.
    SDTRMG and bmercer94 like this.
    02-17-13 09:11 AM
    I have both mobiles, and an iphone 5 and a nexus 4. And I like all of them In terms of the note 2, it is really fast and has a fantastic screen but it sure is big. In terms of emails, I would say they are equivalent. In terms of UI, I prefer the z10.
    SDTRMG and world saviour like this.
    02-17-13 09:32 AM
    I had a note 2, great phone but too big for me. Now I have the S3 again, Samsung makes good phones no doubt about it. Having said that my second phone the z10 is my preferred choice. Every phone is better at some things then another depends what u like.
    02-17-13 09:46 AM
    For me it is how fast and efficent my devices works for me... I find there are too many hoops to jump through with Android... my laziyness not the OS.... as emails go.... found nothing beats BB for speed and access... sure has initial bugs but what phones do not... The OP cannot go wrong with either...as usally ot cones down to personal prefernece....
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-17-13 10:08 AM
    I use both my z10 and note 2. In comparison, the note 2 is faster and ideal for Web browsing, taking notes (which I do a lot) and it's a great tool to get things done like cropping selected screen shots and quickly sharing it out. The screen size gives you ample real estate to comfortably type and view at the same time. Perfect for someone on the go who doesn't want to take his tablet out every time. The apps on android are obviously far more superior than the BlackBerry z10 at this time. I also found the camera on the note 2 better than the z10...oh and I love the fact that I can sign documents while on the move with the stylus. It's a huge time saver

To be honest, I can't live without either. The note 2 fills in the gap where the z10 lacks. The z10 . . well is my glorified bbm and email device till the app store improves.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:19 AM
    Before the Z10 I was using the Note 2, and like others have said it all boils down to what you need to get done from the device. If you are media hungry then the Note 2 is your best bet with the larger display. On the other hand if productivity and instant communication is your deal then BB's have always been the right choice, in your case the Z10.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-17-13 10:37 AM
    I have a Note 2, its a great device. But when I want to get things done right away I find myself using my 9930 anyway. If you think the Note 2 is big, wait till you put a decent case on it. You will need the best case you can find, it didn't take long (less than 2 weeks) for me to break the screen.
    02-17-13 10:47 AM
    If you are okay with the size of the note 2 then go with that. It's a beast, quad core and 2gb ram and fantastic battery life. The stylus is very accurate too. I used it for 2 weeks and ended up exchanging it for iPhone 5 since the size was too much for me. You don't have to worry about rooting the bloatware doesn't matter since the phone is so powerful and jelly bean is smooth even with touchwhiz. All the apps are there on android so theres no wait for this or wait for that. I think bb10 will be better in about a year once more apps show up and the os is further fined tuned.
    02-17-13 11:20 AM
    I have 2 friends who have switched from iPhone to Note2 and they are, sorry were happy until I did a demo on my Z10.

The Hub on the Z10 is something no platform can provide, something you fall in love to and dependent on very fast. Even if you put 8 core processor on Android or iPhone you just can't beat the Efficiency of the Hub and the predictive keypad of the Z10.

For the OP: if you are a social person and use your smart phone to keep up with friends, news, etc, then get Z10 because not even S4, Note 3, iPhone 8 can make you so much productive as Z10's Hub, predictive keypad, invocation framework, Peek, etc.

If you are an App guy, get Note 2, because Note 2 has more apps.
    But be aware, Bb10 is the only platform that potentially can have more apps on their store than Android and iPhone, because they have their own apps and they have Android Player. Bb10 apps can outnumber other stores long before your 3 year contract for Note 2 finishes.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    R Field and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-17-13 11:22 AM
    I was switching carriers back to Rogers from Bell in December (a separate story), and decided to let go of my Bold 9900 and switch to the Note2, with the idea that Blackberry would have to win my business back with the new phones otherwise I would stick with the note.

Note2 screen size is amazing, even with the otterbox defender case I adjusted to it (or learned to accomodate it). I found it to lag slightly at times and I found navigating android very slow going between apps etc, mind you I never got to use multi-window/multitasking bar because Rogers had not released it. trying to manage lots of email accounts was not a good situation on Android. also i found netflix crashed often.

I liked the world of apps on the samsung, however I feel it was not secure, most the apps wanted full security, I ran into a situation where my creditcard was compromised and I also had some app secretly sending/subscribing me to things that were showing up on my rogers bill. I am happy with my choice switching to the Z10 but I will be swiching to the Q10 when it comes out, as touch keyboards just arnt for me.

I would say Z10 keyboard is superior to swiftkey on the note2.
    R Field likes this.
    02-17-13 11:37 AM
    I ran into a situation where my creditcard was compromised and I also had some app secretly sending/subscribing me to things that were showing up on my rogers bill.
    Just saw this line, reminded me of a $0.99 charge for a "Stock tip" on my last phone bill, picked my z10 and called Rogers right away, resolved in 10 min.

Probably wouldn't have taken action if I am not using a Z10.... Okay that may have stretched a little bit but that's how satisfied I am on this phone. LOL
    02-17-13 12:49 PM
    Very interesting thread. I'm using a GS3 currently. I was the most staunch, die hard BB fan boy till Thor said, all in a 24hr period, Q4 2012 then Q1 2013.
    I really love the GS3, all except for the email & txt UI. The gmail app sux azz......
    Also, I'm a contractor and live my life @ 60mph. 1 handed operation on the S3 is "arduous" at best. I couldn't imagine the difficulties I'd encounter w/a Note2.
    Anyway....I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of the Z10 on AT&T.
    R Field likes this.
    02-18-13 06:55 AM
    Very interesting thread indeed, because of the delay of the BB10 once again (in USA), I decided to try something different after being a Blackberry faithful for over six years.......GLAD I did. I purchased the SG3 and I'm VERY HAPPY with my device. The difference in receiving email is highly exaggerated, I compared the 9930 and the SG3 and sometimes the SG3 email would come first and sometimes the 9930 (about 50/50). I'm still going to check out the Z10 when it finally arrives in the USA, but the SG4 will also be available shortly thereafter. I went through growing pains with the PlayBook and I'm not sure I want to go down that path again with BLACKBERRY........I just want a product thats close to being complete.
    02-18-13 07:36 AM
    I can only comment on two of your concerns.
    1. When it comes to comparing Z10 to older Blackberry's, it's like night and day. Battery pulls with the older versions became second nature. I've had the Z10 since Feb 5th. I use it constantly. Never once has it slowed down, froze or required a battery pull.
    2. Emails come in as fast as someone sends them to you. I've tested this many times over many days. In my line of work, I need them as quick as possible. You can't get them any faster than this.

Posted via CB10
    cpldaigle, jarrodmeyer and R Field like this.
    02-18-13 02:32 PM
108 123 ...