Just playing around with my z10 that I won!! This is gonna be my thread for potentially stupid questions as I get to grips with it haha.

I have visual problems and wear hearing aids, so most questions probably to do with accessibility. I've upped the font to 12 which is great but I've noticed this doesn't apply to apps and stuff :/ Have been playing about with the magnify thing on my facebook on it. Is there any way I can up the font on the apps at all? Like on the 9900 it was set at whatever size right across the board. Quite disappointed with this as its like an iphone, which i couldn't use because of this.

Also is it the same for text messages as well?

Another app question, when in facebook and go to log out, it says if I log out, I'll lose all info and have to log in all over again, so I just shut it down then clicked the x in the box. Does this mean that facebook is always open? and running in the background? Its just I have a limited data allowance on my plan of 1gb so don't really want things running in background.

Also does the wifi need to be on all the time? Just using the home wifi at the moment.
    01-05-14 11:16 AM
    Well, welcome to the zed family
    The font problem, I'm not sure if you can change an app font, but you can always use the magnifier, settings/accessibility and choose magnify mode. With that, you can zoom where ever you want with your two fingers.
    And the Facebook. Yes, it does work on background, but it won't consume much since it's just the notification, it will consume If you open the app itself

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-05-14 11:22 AM
    Well, welcome to the zed family
    The font problem, I'm not sure if you can change an app font, but you can always use the magnifier, settings/accessibility and choose magnify mode. With that, you can zoom where ever you want with your two fingers.
    And the Facebook. Yes, it does work on background, but it won't consume much since it's just the notification, it will consume If you open the app itself

Thank you

Yeah, it seems hard to use with the magnify mode, am so used to it being whatever size fixed at that on my 9900. Maybe the q1o would be better for me in this respect, as whatever app would be in whatever size the font was and fixed to the screen?

So I would be ok with my 1gb allowance plan?
    01-05-14 11:25 AM
    I'm not sure if the Q10 would fix that, you'll need to ask somebody else.
    And yes, 1 gb should be enough, but it depends on how much you open the Facebook app, you can always download Data Usage Counter from Bbworld to monitor your usage

GlamGemini likes this.
    01-05-14 11:55 AM
    There is no such thing as a "stupid question" here at Crackberry. We are community here and will try to answer your questions. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.
    southlander and GlamGemini like this.
    01-05-14 11:58 AM
    There is no such thing as a "stupid question" here at Crackberry. We are community here and will try to answer your questions. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.
    Ahh thank you, much appreciated its hard to know your way round these things at first.
    01-05-14 11:59 AM
    How do I go about putting which things I want on the internet browser screen? i.e. if I want yahoomail in one of the frames, or other things in the active frames instead of whats on there?
    01-05-14 12:08 PM
    For yahoo mail, I would use the hub. Anyway, the active frame for the Browser was designed to show a snapshot of the current tab you are on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-05-14 12:20 PM
    Have been playing about, just read on internet, that you can go into browser>settings>display & actions>default font settings and pick what you want.

This would be ideal for me with my sight problems, want to see what it does. Except my phone doesn't seem to have this option on it? Its just not there?

Anyone any ideas?
    01-05-14 12:27 PM
    I wouldn't be too worried about twitter and Facebook using up all of your data by running in the background.

I'd be more concerned over them using up your battery life by switching on your antenna from time to time.

You can switch them off under accounts I think, or in the hub... I'm not really too sure, it's been a while since I got my phone. but it might be something that you will want to look into if it concerns you.

Posted via CB10
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-05-14 01:03 PM
    [QUOTE=AfterHoursWelds;9811666]I wouldn't be too worried about twitter and Facebook using up all of your data by running in the background.

I'd be more concerned over them using up your battery life by switching on your antenna from time to time.

You can switch them off under accounts I think, or in the hub... I'm not really too sure, it's been a while since I got my phone. but it might be something that you will want to look into if it concerns you.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

Thank you for replying, yeah I was wondering about the battery life, and indeed that these apps would drain it lol
    01-05-14 01:25 PM
    Also when I set up facebook, I turned off all the notifications so it wouldn't link my contacts and everything, but it has linked them all anyway so when i go to contacts or texts, all my FB contacts come up.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Also in facebook, you know how you can turn the screen the other way up and use it that way, how come this doesn't work on facebook?

PS edited to add, you can view it the other way on the mobile facebook app via the browser.
    Last edited by GlamGemini; 01-05-14 at 02:15 PM.
    01-05-14 01:51 PM
    Umm, I had to fix some of my contacts manually.

Some apps aren't supported in horizontal. For instance, bbm doesn't work that way, but when using the hub it does. It's all up to the developer.

Personally I don't even use the Facebook app, I use the browser. It's just better, it always has been with most other devices as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:16 PM
    Also when I set up facebook, I turned off all the notifications so it wouldn't link my contacts and everything, but it has linked them all anyway so when i go to contacts or texts, all my FB contacts come up.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?
    Open the contacts app. Swipe down from the top and choose "Settings" (note a lot of apps use this method for acessing settings and options). Look down the page and you'll see "Show Account in Contacts List". Turn the one for Facebook to "OFF". Then exit out.

Congrats on winning a Z10! That's awesome!

Edit -- Oh and while you are in the contacts settings make sure the option to "Use cloud services to find more info about contacts..." is also "OFF". That will eat data.
    01-05-14 02:41 PM