What's the purpose of VPN for the Z10? Which provider is recommended? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:40 AM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:12 AM
    I use it in combination with multiple Sophos UTMs. Setting up is easy, connecting also...no problems.

So, I think You should provide a few hints what you want to do with the VPN, then somebody can answer your question.

Posted via CB with my Z10
    04-17-13 05:40 AM
    I use it for work. In combination with an app I can troubleshoot and fix issue without being on site.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:44 AM
    I use it in combination with multiple Sophos UTMs. Setting up is easy, connecting also...no problems.

So, I think You should provide a few hints what you want to do with the VPN, then somebody can answer your question.

That's the problem, I don't know what the VPN is for. does it provide a better security for my phone? What's the purpose of VPN?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:26 AM
    A VPN is a 'virtual private network' it extends a private network across public networks like the Internet. It enables a host computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if they were an integral part of the private network with all the functionality, security and management policies of the private network.

Source Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network
    pels_17 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:44 AM
    Basically VPN is used to connect to networks and resources that are not visible on the Internet, mainly corporate networks.

You can use it to force security, for example when you're routed via a proxy that scans for mal wre, viruses and so on.

But main reason to use is to have access to the internal network and services of a company, or your home network.

In corporate infrastructure the BES will provide a nearly similar service. That's why you can access work drives on Balance, it uses the encrypted connection through the BES. But it's not VPN exactly.

As a single User only doing mail, web and apps you won't have to deal with VPN usually. At least because it would be necessary to provide the VPN infrastructure (VPN router).

pels_17 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:47 AM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    That's your response, really? Lol.
    04-17-13 09:30 AM