Greetings. I have been a happy 9700 user for many years, and have just made the switch to the Z10. When my 9700 was relatively new, I was largely a lurker on this site, picking up great info, and asking a few questions. Now, I'm back with my new phone. I love the phone for several reasons - I only have one real complaint, but I will probably post that at a later time - I feel the need to rant a bit about RIM taking away my ability to sync with notes and tasks. That is later.

Question about cases (pouches). My 9700 came with a pouch. When I put my Otterbox on it, the pouch no longer fit. However, people on Crackberry had figured out that a case for one of the bigger Blackberrys fit perfectly. It was great. So, my question is, has anyone tried to fit their Z10 with a shell on it, into a pouch meant for the Z30? I'm not sure it is enough bigger, so I thought I'd check with you all.

Thanks. Just perusing the site for the last week or so, I've already learned tons, and had a bunch of questions answered. I appreciate you guys, and your discussions. It makes my use of the tool much better.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-19-14 12:42 PM
    I can't really answer your question. I've got the BB flip case. It generally works although the screen-flap cover slides around as there is no closure mechanism (like snap or magnet). I do know that some folks have found the Otterbox for the z10 interferes with some bezel swiping movements.

Enjoy the new phone.
    04-19-14 02:03 PM
    Greetings. I have been a happy 9700 user for many years, and have just made the switch to the Z10. When my 9700 was relatively new, I was largely a lurker on this site, picking up great info, and asking a few questions. Now, I'm back with my new phone. I love the phone for several reasons - I only have one real complaint, but I will probably post that at a later time - I feel the need to rant a bit about RIM taking away my ability to sync with notes and tasks. That is later.

Question about cases (pouches). My 9700 came with a pouch. When I put my Otterbox on it, the pouch no longer fit. However, people on Crackberry had figured out that a case for one of the bigger Blackberrys fit perfectly. It was great. So, my question is, has anyone tried to fit their Z10 with a shell on it, into a pouch meant for the Z30? I'm not sure it is enough bigger, so I thought I'd check with you all.

Thanks. Just perusing the site for the last week or so, I've already learned tons, and had a bunch of questions answered. I appreciate you guys, and your discussions. It makes my use of the tool much better.
    This may be of some help...
    My Z10 with the CB "Crunk" case will not fit into my Z30 holster. The Crunk case isn't particularly bulky. Width wise is OK, but the thickness isn't there. I don't have the pouch, but assume that the fit is approximately the same. Sorry.
    04-19-14 02:47 PM
    I can't really answer your question. I've got the BB flip case. It generally works although the screen-flap cover slides around as there is no closure mechanism (like snap or magnet). I do know that some folks have found the Otterbox for the z10 interferes with some bezel swiping movements.

Enjoy the new phone.
    Thanks. I've thought about that very flip case. I ultimately decided on what I hope is a relatively slim case (it is still coming) and some type of pouch. I'm used to that with my old 9700.

I was somewhat disappointed that the only Otterbox case for the Z10 is the Defender. I too had heard that it makes some functions difficult. They are good cases, but more protection than I need. I REALLY like the Otterbox Commuter, but they chose not to offer it for this phone.

Thanks for the reply.
    04-19-14 06:09 PM
    This may be of some help...
    My Z10 with the CB "Crunk" case will not fit into my Z30 holster. The Crunk case isn't particularly bulky. Width wise is OK, but the thickness isn't there. I don't have the pouch, but assume that the fit is approximately the same. Sorry.
    Just the information I was after. Looks like I'm going to need to find some type of aftermarket pouch.

Thanks.
    04-19-14 06:11 PM
    I'm also looking for a case or a pouch for my Z10 with the crunk case on it for the gym. I don't like the arm bands.
    04-19-14 06:18 PM

Enjoy the new phone.
    Careful with that case. I bought one with my phone and a piece of sand or dirt or something got caught and the sliding cover made lovely arcing scratches on the screen

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:41 AM
    Careful with that case. I bought one with my phone and a piece of sand or dirt or something got caught and the sliding cover made lovely arcing scratches on the screen

Posted via CB10
    I check and clean mine regularly that's why it never happened to me. And make sure you have a screen protector.
    FF22 and curvezzz like this.
    04-20-14 12:46 AM
    You have a case (pouch, flip, silicone, etc.) for a couple of euros / dollars on Ebay. You could try that, it's too cheap to be bummed about it if it doesn't fit.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    04-21-14 06:10 AM
    Thanks. I've thought about that very flip case. I ultimately decided on what I hope is a relatively slim case (it is still coming) and some type of pouch. I'm used to that with my old 9700.

I was somewhat disappointed that the only Otterbox case for the Z10 is the Defender. I too had heard that it makes some functions difficult. They are good cases, but more protection than I need. I REALLY like the Otterbox Commuter, but they chose not to offer it for this phone.

Thanks for the reply.
    When I thought I was going to use the non functional ob on my z10 I got a pouch for a note and it fit well.

? Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 on ATT ?
    04-21-14 07:47 AM
    Yeah, I might need to look at some cheap pouches. I was just hoping someone had found one that worked well.
    04-21-14 01:37 PM
    Sounds interesting. Do you remember which version of the Note? and, was the pouch pretty slim and tight on the Z10?
    04-21-14 01:41 PM
    There is a 50% off sale today on a leather holster on crackberry.com! It's a great deal if the z10 fits in there with the crunk case? Does anyone know if this will fit?
    Deal of the Day: CrackBerry Leather Holster for BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    04-21-14 03:59 PM